Ratings for Dr. Kelly W. Lambard

The vast majority of pediatric fevers are viral in nature and do not require antibiotics. The "pressure" to prescribe something is overwhelming ...So now we have super bugs resistant to most or all antibiotics. The mother that posted this has not a clue what a board certified Emergency Medicine physician is and the nature of that practice. The role of EM is to sort out serious and life threats to a patient. Long gone are the days of an EM physician able to spend a lot of time and hand holding for non life threatening conditions. An uniformed public and patient about the role of EM in the health care system.

flag | Submitted July 14, 2017

Worst doctor I've ever met. I have a special needs child. Nonverbal autistic. After 2.5 hours of waiting we saw her for less than 5 minutes. My son has a history of strep. I've been to this er 2-3 other times this year and was given more time and waited less. She said because my son had a neg strep test. Which he's had in this er before and because I treated his fever of 101.5 before coming to the ER. It was viral. I'm a nurse. My son has had these symptoms before and because I waited he got to the point of not being able to swallow his saliva and screaming in pain. So I went in when he first started to wince when he swallowed and running a fever. She never watched him swallow. She didn't even come to the room to give me the diagnosis and treatment plan. I had to ask to speak with her. Which she then began to yell at me in the hallway and discuss my sons previous visits on the computer from the hallway. So at midnight after hours of waiting she agreed to give my son an antibiotic and basically said if u want to over medicate ur son because you know more than me. Fine. Then allowed me and my son to drive to the pharmacy only to be told she made a note I can't fill the rx for 2 days. So now I'm home at 130 am. Helplessly Watching my son wince in pain at every swallow and knowing we will wake up in the morning in severe pain and a high fever. Only to return to the ER for a few more hours. One yelling at me in the hallway was beyond unprofessional. Not to mention a hippa violation yelling about his past visits from the nursing station computer. Second you can think I'm the dumbest mother in the world but allowing me to think ur giving a rx so I can drive my son to the pharmacy in the middle of the night when we can't fill it. Is inhumane. Finally refusing to listen to a mother of a special needs child who can't voice their symptoms. If you aren't gonna give a thorough exam. You a clearly unaware of how to care for the special needs population. Why are U a physician.? I guess when my son wakes up after a few hours without his Tylenol and can't swallow any saliva not to mention meds for his fever. Maybe then she will give him the attention all ER patients deserve. I don't drag my son to the ER to wait for 2.5 hours for fun. Listen to the moms of nonverbal patients. ESP if u don't even look at them. This is my fourth experience in a year for this er. Worst experience from nurse to the doctor. But I wouldn't call her a doctor to be honest. just because u went to school u shouldn't call yourself a physician.

flag | Submitted October 23, 2016

Very professional and caring. Thank you for the help and make my mom at ease.

flag | Submitted September 2, 2016