Ratings for Dr. Kathleen A. Gallentine

I"ve been seeing her for many years; incredibly helpful in getting me through the issues and problems I had - she has my confidence. Caring, great sense of humor, and compassionate. Don't understand the bad reviews. She can be a bit of a tough lady, but I needed that - I don't get upset when she pushed on me to reveal more. It was painful, but really necessary. Never felt that she was rushing to get me out of there to get to the next paitent.

flag | Submitted March 19, 2017

My therapy sessions with Dr Gallentine has been extremely helpful and grateful I was able to find her.

flag | Submitted February 17, 2017

Cold, harsh, judgmental and unequipped to treat major clinical depression. She upbraided me severely when I didn't get better under her watch. I've had other psychiatrists in other cities where I lived. None were as unskilled as she. The positive reviews sound like a completely different person.

flag | Submitted July 8, 2016

I would recommend Dr. Gallentine. Appointments never seem rushed and she takes the time to understand me as her patient. My medication combination is working for me and I appreciate the quarterly follow up appointments ensuring that I'm still on the right medications / right dosages. Dr. Gallentine is very professional and I appreciate that as well.

flag | Submitted January 21, 2016

I highly recommend Dr Gallentine! She really understands her patients needs, listens actively, and has the patients best interest in mind. One of the best physicians I have been treated by. Wonderful!

flag | Submitted September 28, 2015

She has been my doctor for over 10 years and am very happy with her treatment and practice

flag | Submitted April 30, 2015

I also don't know where the bad reviews come from. In 20 years of medication management, she is the most skilled provider I have worked with. She spends time with me each session beyond the 15 minute check in my other doctors relied on. I feel like I have a voice when we make changes and and she is part of a healthcare team with me. She is punctual and her office staff is courteous and friendly. If you want to keep treading water in treatment, she is not the doctor for you. Every visit is about improving the quality of life I have with this illness. She and her receptionist can seem strict, but that is because they don't give a free pass. You can't use your illness to avoid your responsibilities. I am delighted to have found her.

flag | Submitted March 25, 2015

I have no idea why the last few reviewers have given Dr. Gallentine bad reviews. I love her! She has been a wonderful doctor to me. She's extremely knowledgeable about mental illness & the medications. She's so compassionate. I've always felt that she cares about me & my treatment. She spends lots of time with her patients & is one of the few psychiatrists out there who actually counsel you along with your treatment. She's not one of those doctors who only sees you for 5 minutes & simply writes you a prescription. I also love her office manager, Roger. He's really friendly & helpful with anything you need. Sadly, he's moving away in May. It'll be tough to find a replacement who is as kind as he is. I highly recommend Dr. Gallentine!

flag | Submitted March 18, 2015

I agree with the person who said she was rude and condescending. Went to her a long time but she was more hurtful than helpful. But she is good at getting you sucked in, especially if you have not been to a good mental health professional.

flag | Submitted March 12, 2015

So rude and condescending. She made me feel horrible every time I saw her. I felt like she was taking advantage of me by make me schedule several very expensive appointments when it felt like she didn't really want to work with me. She is the worst mental health professional I ever worked with, and going in to see her I was very hopeful. But I felt like she was constantly disrespectful. If you are at all sensitive I would see someone else.

flag | Submitted February 13, 2015

Dr. Kathleen A. Gallentine's Credentials

• Baylor Coll Of Med, Houston Tx 77030 (Grad. 1977)