Ratings for Dr. Ory Holtzman

SHE IS VERY SERIOUS THIS IS THE FIRST TIME I GOT PREGNANT, WHEN SHE DID THE SONO AND I WANTED TO SEE MY BABY SHE WAS REALLY FAST AND SHE DID NOT TAKE THE TIME TO EXPLAIN TO ME ANYTHING , REALLY AWFUL ATTENTION NOT COMING THERE ANYMORE, ALL WE WANT IS SOMEONE SWEET SPECIALLY WHEN YOU ARE GOING TO BE A MOM FOR THE FIRST TIME. DR HOLTSMAN REALLY RUDE PERSON :(

flag | Submitted August 15, 2017

I have been going to Simmonds and Simmonds for 13 years and have only had an issue with one other Dr who was excused from the practice. Dr. Holtzman's wait time is ridiculous. I had an appointment with her yesterday and I waited in the room in a sheet for over an hour which pushed my appointment with the midwife back over an hour AND my BP up over 145! Her bedside manner is condescending and I don't feel she takes the time to listen to your concerns at all. I have seen her twice at this point. She spoke AT me not WITH me during my checkup and sono. I have made a point to not schedule with her at all at this point to 1. avoid an hour wait time and 2. have elevated blood pressure after seeing her and be sent to labor and delivery for it like I was yesterday.

flag | Submitted October 11, 2016

Had a wonderful experience with Dr. Holtzman and was with her right through the birth of our child. She is patient and was very helpful with our needs. Her follow up was great, I highly recommend.

flag | Submitted March 11, 2015

I have been going to this practice for 6 years and it has gone waaaaay downhill! I had to have an emergency section due to possible fetal demise and she took her sweet time going for a Starbucks run before...waited close to 2 yes 2 hours to see her for a 6 week follow up just to eventually not even see her because I had to go get my children from school. No apologies NOTHING! It is such a shame that this practice has become a major malpractice suit just waiting to happen!

flag | Submitted October 10, 2014

I have switched to another practice just to avoid this doctor. She is quick to jump to conclusions without the patient's background, not at all interested in the patient's concerns and has terrible bedside manner. I heard great things about the practice but I will never get to experience that reputation thanks to my first impression with this doctor.

flag | Submitted September 19, 2014

The practice is wonderful but this Dr is AWFUL. If you end up with her for an appointment or delivery, expect to wait on her. I waited 2 hours and 25 minutes for her to get to the hospital to deliver my son. I was dilated to 10, ready to go once the Dr arrived from Frederick (the hospital is about 1/2 hr away and I had been laboring all day so it was not a surprise that the on-call Dr would need to be around). That is completely inexcuseable. I then had my post partum appointment set up with her as the delivering Dr. I waited with a fussy baby for 50 minutes. This dr has no sense of urgency, respect for other's time, and is not encouraging to hear your questions and concerns. I will NOT return to her, I would rather switch practices - which is unfortunate because the other Drs there are simply wonderful!

flag | Submitted August 25, 2014

Dr. Holtzman is a lovely woman, but the wait times are ridiculous! My very first visit, I waited in the waiting room for an hour and a half, only to be called back and wait for another 40 minutes in the exam room. When I finally saw dr. Holtzman she was apologetic for her tardiness and I appreciated that. However, my exam was rushed and she really didn't have time to answer my questions. I decided to give her another chance and scheduled a follow up visit about 1 month later. My husband joined me for the 2nd visit. We were relieved to we that we were the only patients in the waiting room. Yet we managed to be called back to the exam room almost 30 minutes past the appt time and again waited 40 minutes in the exam room to see doctor Holtzman. The quality of care was similar to my first experience. I will not be returning to this practice.

flag | Submitted January 1, 2014