Ratings for Dr. Peter Harewood

Honestly the worst ever. Had my 10 week intake and not only did he scare me by doing a pap smear and making me bleed so much that I thought something was seriously wrong, he basically told me I was too fat to be pregnant. This is my first pregnancy and I'm already freaking out over everything. I am honestly surprised that Guthrie affiliates themselves with this type of Dr, and I'm honestly wondering if the other doctors feel the same and act the same. He also couldn't be bothered to show up within a decent time for my appt, and I sat around for almost and hour in that cold little exam room with no pants.

flag | Submitted July 8, 2017

he said everything looked fine.. i get a call two days later.. everything is not fine! >:(

flag | Submitted November 15, 2016

I had an awful experience with Dr. Peter Harewood. I went in for a colposcopy and he did not know how to use the machine to look at my cervix. He had a nurse and another doctor come in the help him while I was on the table and exposed. He made a comment that he wasn't use to such old equipment. Needless to say I was not very confident my procedure was even done correctly. After he was was finished we made some very personal inappropriate comments. I would not recommend this Doctor to anyone.

flag | Submitted December 3, 2015

I would not recommende him at all. Rude and embarrasse the patient without understandingtheir comforts. Wonder who selected him. He is not a fit as doc. Doesn't go through report nor explain in detail.he is always in rush and with unpleasant gestures.

flag | Submitted August 5, 2015

He is the worst doctor that I have ever meet. I was there for an annual visit, he starts the conversation off by informing me that I do not need to come for an annual because I have had a hystorectomy and seemed very irrritated that I was there. I said really I had my hystorectomy 9 yrs ago and this was first time I heard that. Before he did the routine internal exam, I spoke of pain I have with intercourse which would be something he could check to see if there was an issue during the internal exam, his remark was that pain with intercourse has nothing to do with gynecology. He reluctantly did my routine annual internal exam and breast exam. Then said everything was fine. I said ok, well I guess I will continue with my grin and bare it attitude during intercouse and he said yes and left it at that. No help at all not even an attempt. I also requested to lower my premerian dosage he said yes to that but then never sent it in until 6 weeks later when I emailed him about it. However he did fill out his paperwork as if he did help with a problem so I was billed for an office visit instead of my annual. Per guthrie my visit notes only include him trying to solve the problem I discussed and nothing else, no notes of the breast exam...., nothing showing any type of preventative care. So now I am stuck paying for the visit. I informed Guthrie he is a subpar doctor and I feel sorry for them for having him.

flag | Submitted March 11, 2015

I have not had an issue with any of the other doctors I've seen, but I'll be darned if I ever let this man touch me again! He did my intake appt at 10 weeks and made me bleed so heavily from my pap and was not very kind about it at all. In the end I was given nothing to clean myself and no soap in the dispenser! Could not answer many of my questions and even made some somewhat rude remarks. Not a very welcoming first time pregnancy-first visit!

flag | Submitted December 2, 2014

Absolutly AWFUL! I went for my 16 week checkup and met him for the first time. He entered the room and didn't introduce himself to me and didn't acknowledge my husband either. All he said was "get up on the table." He gave no warning and just went in and lifted my shirt and pulled the front of my pants down below my belly. He found the heartbeat but never advised the rate. He never asked if I had any questions or concerns. He never asked about pre-screenings or offered any helpful advise. I would say that he is the worst doctor I have seen since I could remember. If he is on call when I go into labor - I will drive to elmira to deliver.. No joke - he was the worst. Guthrie PLEASE GET RIT OF HIM!

flag | Submitted June 13, 2014

I thought his bedside manner was horrible compared to the other drs on guthries staff. He made me uncomfortable and was rude. He asked no questions about how I was feeling no questions about the baby just told me everything I'm doing wrong at 32 weeks pregnant.

flag | Submitted May 6, 2014

Hard to understand due to accent. Didn't look at my file before performing my pap smear, so he didn't know before the procure that I had vaginal surgery in the past, which made the pap smear process painful. I bled quite a bit afterwards (unnerving since I am pregnant). Was a very uncomfortable and awkward visit. I wish Guthrie would let you stick with one doctor during pregnancy, instead of cycling you through all of them. Would be nice to have a doctor remember you, and your case.

flag | Submitted October 25, 2013