Ratings for Dr. Lashaundra M. Thedford-Smith

Substandard care, provided by substandard facility and staff. Was recently down there to be seen for ongoing treatment of my "partial complex epilepsy." During the wait in the Doctor's office, I had a seizure. I was alone when it started to come over me. Next thing I know, I'm wandering around looking for my friend who was up there with me. The police then come in and said, " hey you." I stated , "me?" Next thing I know I'm being jammed up into a office. They begin telling me that I grabbed a nurse, then I pulled a pen on her. And I'm simply confused and in shock. I tried to explain that I have a type of epilepsy that can cause me to do things. Yes, I receive treatment. And they are reduced. But it's not a cure. I was simply mocked, and told that I should be able to know what I'm doing during my seizures. Even when the Doctor finally made it to the room, she just seemed to work against me. Though my medical records clearly state, why I'm there. And how I've had a history of having violent episodes. Eventually, the police stated that they were going to take me to the e.r. and let him decide what to do. And within minutes of being there, I had another attack while handcuffed to the bed. I recall telling everyone get back and that was it. My female friend told me that the e.r doctor, nurses, police, ect., all witnessed my aggressive type behavior during my type of seizures. The e.r. Doctor spent the day trying to get me to another medical facility, but all were full. So I was placed in jail, and charged with assault. Mrs. Smith had told my friend that when I got out to contact her back, because she wanted to still see me. But when I call, it's a different story. So please whoever reads this be leary of going to a facade of a medical facility. Because , as a clinic / hospital you should be aware that there are going to be all different types of people come through your doors. With many different types of medical conditions. And I understand and don't expect each of you to be specialist. But at the very least, especially to ensure not only the safety of your staff. But of your patients as well. Look into your patients medical background before seeing them. So you, the medical staff will be aware of the condition or conditions, that your patient might have. Why else ask , what is the reason for the appointment? I clearly stated, continuing treatment of my epilepsy. I know there is more than one. You all should as well. And after an incident happens behind my seizures, I'm cast to the dogs. What are you established there for? It's alright. If I ever have an emergency situation in or near mexia. I'll refuse going there. I'd receive better treatment at home. Seems as there's a war going on. The police and medical department joined up against the disabled. Don't believe me. Watch the news. Or hopefully they learn to expand their range of knowledge. And understand that there are more conditions in this world, than what goats and chickens have.

flag | Submitted September 29, 2016