Ratings for Dr. Nicole Hope

I would NEVER recommend Dr Nicole Hope. We visited her for our first cycle and in our initial meeting she was very cold and disinterested. I had questions about additional vitamins and protocols that i had read about which she had no interest in me taking - at the time I couldn’t understand why a doctor wouldn’t want to discuss a patients questions and maximise their chances of success on an cycle. Never the less, being first timers and not knowing much about IVF we chose to go with her as she came recommended through my gynaecologist. I met with her nurse at Monash IVF to get started and was put on my protocol. A few certain side effects were clearly explained to me by the nurse and we were told to contact the offices or Dr Hope after hours immediately if I experienced any of these. A few days in i did experience one of the listed side effects and called Dr Hope directly. She laughed at me and said she’s never had anyone call her about that before. I was absolutely disgusted in her manner and appalled with her discounting my concern after following the explicit direction of her nurse. Following a failed cycle Dr Hopes nurse called to advise I should wait for my next period to commence the next cycle if I choose to do so. She explained it would be good to give my body a rest. I rang Dr Hopes rooms to follow up on this information and make another appointment when the receptionist offered to send out more scripts so i could ‘get going’ on another cycle straight away. Let that sink in for a minute - a receptionist providing a patient medical advise and scripts to get going on another cycle with absolutely NO contact from the doctor AND in absoloute conflict with the information provided by the nurse. Dr Hope through the whole process. She was nowhere to be seen or heard. Hindsight is a beautiful thing and as I said at the start, I would NEVER recommend Dr Nicole Hope. Don't waste your time (or money) with this doctor. Believe the negative posts you read here - she’s just another cog in the Monash IVF wheel who’s nowhere to be seen during your treatment, with no interest in her patients and only concerned about the dollars.

flag | Submitted November 17, 2018

I would not recommend anyone see Dr Hope. After 2 years of unsuccessful ivf I have gone to Melbourne ivf and comparing the experiences is like chalk and cheese. At Monash ivf you feel as though you are just another number in their business of making money. Certain tests were not performed until after paying thousands for treatment, they just want you to keep spending money so will drag the process out as much as possible. Dr Hope is not thorough and does not care about individual patients, she barely remembers who you are when discussing your situation. My advise to anyone going down the ivf journey would be to please reconsider using Dr Hope and Monash and go elsewhere.

flag | Submitted September 9, 2018

After 12 months of trying to conceive I was referred to Dr Hope for help. In the very short months she worked with my husband and I she wasn’t able to diagnose me with endometriosis. I scheduled in for a laparoscopy, hysteroscopy and dye studies straight away. I’m only 3 days post op and I can’t thank her enough. Her knowledge and wisdom has given us hope again. I would truly recommend her to anyone needing help to conceive. I don’t know why other reviews say she is cold or snobbish. This is not accurate. She is so intelligent and professional she gives you every piece of information and doesn’t muck around. I am excited to recover and see what happens once i’ve healed.

flag | Submitted July 14, 2018

she only care about customer can keep repeat the cycles rather than provide service and communication.

flag | Submitted June 14, 2018

Very unprofessional. She don't take any interest in the situation of patient. She just wants repeat appointments and cycles to make more money. She just finds ways to make more and more money. I wish if I had chosen another dr. I wasted my six months just in repetitive appointments with no result. I will never recommend her to anyone .She even don't bother to look into the reports in detail.

flag | Submitted October 6, 2017

So I went there quite a while ago, after having an Ep topic pregnancy and trying for 4 years to get pregnant. I waited 2 hours to see her, and all she did was tell me my tube was 'probably' blocked. Took some details and sent me away with a price list! $220 for that. I arranged testing myself and found out my tube was fine. I wasn't producing enough eggs, so I had to take medication that and 2 years later, I had a baby girl.

flag | Submitted July 12, 2017

Very difficult to make contact with. Doesn't follow up with you after an IVF treatment. Service seems unprofessional. Not recommended.

flag | Submitted May 2, 2017

Very snobbish and cold. I think knows her stuff but not that interested and wants repeat appointments and cycles to make more money. There aren't any good reviews, and wish if chosen another dr. I love going to see my other doctors with her I dread it. Not a people person at all.

flag | Submitted January 12, 2017

I'm just about to freeze my eggs and I'm considering changing doctors. Have some basic questions I need help with and am having to deal with the receptionist as the doctor is not wanting to communicate via phone wanting me tor e-mail. Instead is wanting me to come in pay another $220 for the honour of asking a few basic questions. Very unhappy about the lack of care from Dr. Hope so far. I am not a number in a system. Am considering changing my doctor. Any suggestions? I've seen good things about Dr. Mark Lawrence and Dr Lynne Burmeister.

flag | Submitted April 24, 2016

I'm really sorry the last person to rate her had such a bad experience. Mine was the opposite. I saw her for 2yrs & she was fantastic. Gentle, approachable, thorough, answered my long lists of questions, and very APOLOGETIC when outcomes were not as we had hoped!! My only complaint is that I had to stop seeing her because she was too expensive. Oh, and her receptionist (Rina?) was AMAZING too - very compassionate and a wealth of knowledge.

flag | Submitted November 4, 2014