Ratings for Dr. Michael W. Kane

Thought he was going to be a good doctor, until he got crappy about my questions concerning a possible infection.

flag | Submitted April 22, 2015

Dr. Kane is a very thorough, warm, personable doctor with outstanding bedside manner. He listens before advising and modifies treatment plans readily, but only after noting concerns and cares. He relies on constant feedback and check-ins to make his choices and overall, I couldn't be more pleased with him.

flag | Submitted June 23, 2011

This doctor treated me for 7 years, and did nothing but help me.I thank him for all his help.

flag | Submitted August 17, 2009

Dr. Kane has helped me a lot. I did't go to him depressed, but to complete an age management program. He went out of his way to help me and answer questions even before I was a patient.

flag | Submitted January 29, 2009

Dr. Kane has a warm, caring demeanor, but I have the following concerns: 1)He treated my mild-to-moderate depression with several medications at the same time and treated the side effects of those drugs with still more medications. This left me in much worse shape after a few years of treatment. I ended up both overmedicated and severely depressed. I barely remember the last couple of years I was in treatment with him. 2) He seemed rather quick to prescribe antipsychotics for my depression and insomnia and to understate the risks involved, which resulted in my developing more than one movement disorder. 3) He didn't seem to know much about helping me withdraw from all those medications, which led to a great deal of unnecessary suffering for my family and for me. With psychotherapy and a little help from another psychiatrist, I have been able to get better and better on less and less medication. Please avoid this doctor.

flag | Submitted January 22, 2008

He doesn't take insurance. He does not listen to the patient's needs and concerns. When I had a bad reaction to medication he put me on he accused me of it being in my head despite having my reaction verified and validated by another psychiatrist and an emergency care facility. Another close friend was hospitalized due to his negligence and poor care. She also had negative side effects due to medication he prescribed for her despite her reservations over her family history. AVOID THIS DOCTOR.

flag | Submitted May 11, 2007

Dr. Michael W. Kane's Credentials

• Indiana University School Of Medicine (Grad. 1987)

MSP/BC Med