Ratings for Dr. Michael Ostro

I have found a REAL Dr. that I never have to wait past my appt time.I have learned he respects time and I also try to never be late. He is one of the most observant people I have known. Suffering fools will never be in his wheelhouse. Jf you do not heed his advice that is on you. If I disagree with what he says he will discuss the matter till we have a workable way to make it better. Anytime I have required a specialist He has gotten me in quick. He is a man with a devotion to his patients welfare. I love the fact that I can speak WITH him . He will not preach, hold a hand and coax you to open up or look through you as he passes sentence. If that is what you need please go somewhere else. Yes I have heard him berate his staff verbally. Not pleasant. I can only imagine what I would be like if I went through what he does in a day. Maybe that is how supervillans and politicians are made. I wish he had been my mothers doctor. She would be alive today. Dr. Ostro may not wear his underwear on the outside of his pants or a towel tucked in the back of his shirt flowing in the breeze but by all that is holy this man is my superhero keeping my family healthy and safe.

flag | Submitted October 17, 2017

this doctor is absolutely rude, he doesn't care about patient, incompetent, not professional at ALL

flag | Submitted September 19, 2017

This guys a clown in a yamaka and he runs his office like a 3 ring circus, he thinks that he is some sort of god, his medical contacts are pritty much all loosers, his jokes are in bad taste and unwanted, he rushes you in to his office while yelling across the room at the secretarys to do some apointment booking with the last patient that was in before you went in to his office, he dosent care about you only about the $$$$$, he is this way because he gets away with it everyday, you walk into his office and are surprised to see that there is a student sitting there, ready to listen into your PRIVATE conversation, no mater how priate it is, there is no choice for you to refuse the student to be there and to leave the office if you feel uncomfortable with the student being there... This doctors office is what they call a revolving door policy, your in and your out in literally a minute and most of that time you have to listen to his stupid personal snorts on life.

flag | Submitted September 15, 2017

Seeing Ostro for 34 yrs. Well conected and very knowledgeable.

flag | Submitted August 4, 2017

Fastest dr in the field. Avg visit took 1 min 30 sec?. Receptionists are terrible. She basically was arguing with me. Totally lack of customer service.

flag | Submitted July 12, 2017

A totally rude professional who will insult you to the point of using coarse language. Doesn't review or follow-up on medication or listen to you. Staff are very rude and off Standish no matter when you talk to them by phone or in person. Never ever go to him and if you have a young child or elderly relative STAY AWAY.

flag | Submitted July 8, 2017

Why is this doctor allowed to practice. He is rude and unprofessional and should lose his licence. Stay way.

flag | Submitted May 27, 2017

I felt so uncomfortable putting my health in his hands. He was not only extremely rude and condescending but clearly incompetent because even the pharmacist said the dosage he gave me was wrong. I can't believe someone with his personality even got into medicine, doctors should be compassionate and actually care about patients' health and I got the impression that he only cared about money.

flag | Submitted April 10, 2017

New to the country, I believe the way this doctor treats his patients was normal. Turns out it’s not. Like somebody else said, he runs an assembly line. You’ll be sitting in his office, he’ll be seeing a patient next door, while a another was getting ready for the exam and he’ll be speaking to his secretary about another one. On one occasion, he had a student with him. He told the student to do my assessment and left the room. The student started to ask me a lot of questions that made sense and were important for the diagnostic. Dr. Ostro came back to the room after a few minutes and started yelling at the poor student in front of me because the assessment was taking too long! The final straw was when I went to see him because I was depressed. After talking to him for less than a minute (while he was sorting emails on his computer), he interrupted me, told me to learn to relax and get more sleep. He then stood up and proceeded to exist the room. At this point, I lost it. I told him “I came here because I’m not feeling fuc…g good, so please help me.” His answer was: “you don’t feel fuc..g good because you don’t f… enough”. Left me speechless. After that he just gave a referral for a stress managing expert and left the room. I’ll never go see that guy again.

flag | Submitted February 13, 2017

This doctor doesn't really care about examining his patients. He just wants the money for each one that he "sees". So he sees as many as possible and doesn't even bother with the examination part. His secretary is absolutely horrible. Enuf said.

flag | Submitted January 16, 2017