Ratings for Dr. Michael Ostro

Seeing Ostro for 34 yrs. Well conected and very knowledgeable.

flag | Submitted August 4, 2017

Fastest dr in the field. Avg visit took 1 min 30 sec?. Receptionists are terrible. She basically was arguing with me. Totally lack of customer service.

flag | Submitted July 12, 2017

A totally rude professional who will insult you to the point of using coarse language. Doesn't review or follow-up on medication or listen to you. Staff are very rude and off Standish no matter when you talk to them by phone or in person. Never ever go to him and if you have a young child or elderly relative STAY AWAY.

flag | Submitted July 8, 2017

Why is this doctor allowed to practice. He is rude and unprofessional and should lose his licence. Stay way.

flag | Submitted May 27, 2017

I felt so uncomfortable putting my health in his hands. He was not only extremely rude and condescending but clearly incompetent because even the pharmacist said the dosage he gave me was wrong. I can't believe someone with his personality even got into medicine, doctors should be compassionate and actually care about patients' health and I got the impression that he only cared about money.

flag | Submitted April 10, 2017

New to the country, I believe the way this doctor treats his patients was normal. Turns out it’s not. Like somebody else said, he runs an assembly line. You’ll be sitting in his office, he’ll be seeing a patient next door, while a another was getting ready for the exam and he’ll be speaking to his secretary about another one. On one occasion, he had a student with him. He told the student to do my assessment and left the room. The student started to ask me a lot of questions that made sense and were important for the diagnostic. Dr. Ostro came back to the room after a few minutes and started yelling at the poor student in front of me because the assessment was taking too long! The final straw was when I went to see him because I was depressed. After talking to him for less than a minute (while he was sorting emails on his computer), he interrupted me, told me to learn to relax and get more sleep. He then stood up and proceeded to exist the room. At this point, I lost it. I told him “I came here because I’m not feeling fuc…g good, so please help me.” His answer was: “you don’t feel fuc..g good because you don’t f… enough”. Left me speechless. After that he just gave a referral for a stress managing expert and left the room. I’ll never go see that guy again.

flag | Submitted February 13, 2017

This doctor doesn't really care about examining his patients. He just wants the money for each one that he "sees". So he sees as many as possible and doesn't even bother with the examination part. His secretary is absolutely horrible. Enuf said.

flag | Submitted January 16, 2017

Dr. Ostro missed very important signs that I had a severe infection. I suffered with pain for over a year until I was hospitalized. During appointments he would yell at people over on the phone while I sai in his office and able to listen to confidential patient information. He has patient documents all over his office desk which is contrary to patient right to confidentiality. He also commented about female gentalia are 'none of them are pretty'. He should be held accountable by the college of physicians and surgeons of Ontario.

flag | Submitted January 5, 2017

Time to retire. He is incompetent. This doctor does not care and is not up to date. Just writes scripts. Stay AWAY.

flag | Submitted December 25, 2016

He is always on time, but it is because he runs an assembly line. You are literally in and out of his office in 5 minutes - and often will be prescribed medicine without a check up. His secretary is absolutely horrible and will forget to make referrals.

flag | Submitted December 25, 2016