Ratings for Dr. Gerald Blanchette

I have been taking my children to Dr. Blanchette for years. They have never been afraid of him and do not mind going to the dentist at all now. He has a very down to earth demeanor which will make you more relaxed with him. He is very thorough in explaining what he is doing and when telling me what is going on with my children's teeth.

flag | Submitted August 26, 2010

I am very upset. My 3 kids saw him 6 months ago, and today I took my 12 yr old to a new pediatric dentist and was told he had 4 cavities. One was deep enough that it had to have been there 6 months ago. Dr. Blanchette never took x-rays and always said the kids had no cavities. I was uncomfortable with his lack of a thorough exam, so fortunately went to a new dentist. I will be taking my other 2 kids to the new dentist next wed., hopefully they don't have any cavities, but I wouldn't count on it. He also doesn't seal the teeth. The new dentist, not only filled my sons cavities, but sealed his adult teeth today. I am very happy with the new dentist (Pediatric Dentistry of Frederick), and would NEVER take my kids back to Blanchette.

flag | Submitted September 16, 2009

We love this dentist. He is very good with children, ands as an adult, I went to him first time, thinking I had a lot of bad teeth, and he was honest and straightforward, not trying to make me get unnecessary work done. Hard to find a dentist like him these days!

flag | Submitted May 15, 2009

This dentist had an unprofessional, insulting demeanor and is very rough with patients. He smokes in his private office and did not offer choices as to what type of care I wished to receive. The work completed by this dentist was unsatisfactory as it caused serious tooth loss at a later date due to the many unhealthy reconstructions.

flag | Submitted April 21, 2009