Ratings for Dr. Taryl Felhaber

Excellent doctor, specializes as a menopause practitioner. I'm not sure why people are complaining. We forget how fortunate we are just to have access to a physician. We are partners in our own care. We need to value and appreciate our physicians because they are burning out. How you treat your doctor reflects how they treat you. They are only human. It is a privilege to have a physician these days and many of us forget that. Dr. Felhaber is compassionate, caring and extremely knowledgable. Patients by the look of these comments treat their physicians like a drive-thru. Start taking responsibility for your health and don't expect physicians to solve all your health problems if you smoke, don't care care of your diet and don't exercise. They are not magic.

flag | Submitted March 30, 2011

Not a pleasant encounter because of what I perceived as a lack of empathy. I think she did what she could, but I didn't *feel* helped. Something to consider if that's important to you.

flag | Submitted December 19, 2010

Patients lose doctors for all kinds of reasons - they get sick, leave town, retire, have family emergencies, even die. I do not know why Dr. Felhaber is giving up her practice, but knowing her, I have no doubt that her reasons are good. She has been a wonderful doctor to me for years, but she is not just a doctor - she is a human being with needs and priorities of her own. She does not owe me an explanation or a lifetime of guaranteed service; I owe HER gratitude for many years of kindness and excellent care. Thank you, Dr. Felhaber. I wish you well.

flag | Submitted May 25, 2010

Dr. Felhaber is not a bad doctor. Perhaps a malcontent, but not a bad doctor. We started seeing Dr. F in 2004 when she was affiliated with Synergy Health Centre. Before long, she moved to a new location where she shared office space with another family physician. Soon, she was on the move again; this time to Care Point Medical Centre. It is not clear to me, nor is it any of my business, just what she is looking for in a home for her practice. But she clearly has not been content with any of these arrangements and I understand she in now reducing her practice by half,forcing 1000 patients to find new family physicians at a time when it is almost impossible to do so in this province. As if her relocations weren`t difficult enough to cope with, now she is leaving half her patients in the lurch. I wonder how she thinks this equates to good health care and patient service. Patients need a doctor who is committed and reliable.

flag | Submitted May 13, 2010

Dr F has been very helpful and available. Her diagnosis are researched-based which I really like. She explains problems in a way I can understood though.

flag | Submitted January 6, 2010

Dr Felhaber is awesome, very knowledgable, caring, a great listener and always remembers my issues, whether it's been a few months or a year since I have seen her. I am totally happy with her.

flag | Submitted May 13, 2009

Dr. Felhaber is one of the most reliable general practitioners I know. She is very good with members in my family and I can trust her especially with my two children's concerns. The only thing I hope is that her current practice location will be permanent. Dr. Felhaber went through with many moves over the last several years and it is like going on a wild goose chase to keep up with her (not to mention a burden to change phone numbers in my contacts/address book).

flag | Submitted March 4, 2009

Dr. Felhaber is very thorough and very professional. She makes you feel at ease and has a great bedside manner.

flag | Submitted February 12, 2009

Dr.Felhaber, I did not find that she was a good listener I had to repeat myself several times and in the end she still did not have the correct information.

flag | Submitted January 20, 2009

The absolute best family docter I have EVER had. Although she is incredibly busy she never lets on to that fact when she is in the room with you. She is 100% there and incredibly empathetic. She only prescribes medication if absolutely necessary. I have been able to tell her things that I have not been able to share with anyone else. Which is important in a doctor patient relationship. She always ends the session on a very positive note. Amazing, amazing doctor.

flag | Submitted January 16, 2009