Ratings for Dr. Steven I. Valfer

Amazing doctor. Dr. Valfer truly cares about his patients. Wouldn't have anyone else deliver both my children... Had c-sections for both children...Dr. Steven Valfer and Dr. Reagan Valfer are a great team!

flag | Submitted November 27, 2015

Amazing doctor! Truly cares about his patients. Easy to reach at any time of the day or night. Very knowledgable. Great personality!

flag | Submitted September 21, 2014

flag | Submitted August 13, 2014

I've been a patient of Dr. Valfer's for almost 20 years. He is by far one of the best Dr.'s I've ever seen. I was referred to him by 2 girlfriends. Reading some of the negative comments made me laugh. Yes, Doc V is conservative with your health and will recommend procedures under the 'better to be safe than sorry' philosophy. But for you woman complaining, if you had NOT taken his advice and not had the surgery, and developed cancer, would you think he was a better doctor! How ridiculous to think that because he doesn't want to take chances with YOUR health, he pushes uneccessary surgery. For the poster who talked about his 'becoming more of a businessman'; welcome to managed care! Doctors do not earn what they once did. Insurance reimbursements are squeezing them, and the cost of malpractice insurance is continuing to rise. Perhaps you should research about the number of ob-gyn who will no longer deliver babies in IL. Don't blame Dr. V. He's on your side.

flag | Submitted July 10, 2012

I have been a patient for almost 30 years and would recommend him in every way. Had a baby and sseveral surgeries and his expertise and bedside manner are terrific. Never have to wait to be seen at his office.

flag | Submitted October 26, 2011

Dr Steven Valfer is a great dr. He delivered my daughter and I am seeing him for my current pregnancy now. I wouldn't go anywhere else, and it's a long drive to his office from where I live, but worth it.

flag | Submitted September 13, 2011

flag | Submitted January 3, 2011

I would definitely not recommend Dr. Steven Valfer, especially if you would like your appointment taken seriously. I came in for my yearly examination, and later received a phone call that my pap smear was abnormal. He explained that it was not serious but I still went through the followup procedure as a precaution. Once again he said everything was normal. However, I explained to him that I have been feeling quite ill for the past month and he responded by saying that I need to go to someone else because that wasn't his field. Well, I thought my OBGYN would know that I was 8 WEEKS pregnant, but he didn't. He also proceeded to give me vaccinations while I was 10 WEEKS pregnant. 30 years of experience now gives me the assumption of laziness, which placed my baby in danger. DO NOT GO TO HIM!

flag | Submitted July 7, 2010

Dr. Valfer is kind, knowledgeable and has a pleasant enough bedside manner. Not sure he's a good match for those who practice alternative medicine or alternative therapies. Once his mind was made up that I needed a procedure, that was that. In my case he strongly advocated a surgical procedure of questionable urgency. In some cases an aggressive physician may be exactly what's appropriate to the situation. If your intuition is telling you there's a problem that requires immediate attention (biopsy or removal) he's your man. If you're looking for an integrative ObGyn you may want to keep looking.

flag | Submitted January 22, 2010

he had been a great doc for me in the past but within the year it seems as though he was very pushy for a surgery which ended with very bad complications. he was very pushy again for another surgery and i chose not to go ahead with him. i had another obgyn perform it and was very pleased except with the bill....dr. valfer will be thanked many times for delivering my children but unfortunetly his warmth and compation for this profession has diminished a bit..it seems he's more of a business man now...i've refereed several friends to him and they all said the same..that's his changed.

flag | Submitted December 1, 2009

Dr. Steven I. Valfer's Credentials

• Loyola University Of Chicago, Stritch School Of Medicine (Grad. 1970)

Top Urgent Care Centers in Northbrook, IL