Ratings for Dr. Gordon Genta

I went the first time to have my sinuses checked out at the reference of my family practitioner. Dr. Genta was friendly and I was told to come back for allergy testing for further review. When I made the appointment, I was given a sheet and told there would be a co-pay, and that I would need to make the appointment on a Wednesday because that's the only day the Dr. would be there. So, I made my appointment for a Wednesday. There was no mention of needing to make two appointments. When I went in for my allergy testing appointment, I didn't even get to see Dr. Genta (a different person did the testing and didn't even tell me her name...sighed and rolled her eyes the whole time as if my appointment was an inconvenience to her) and was told I would have to either 1. make a separate appointment to go over the results OR 2. stay that day and go over results, but still have to pay for a "second" appointment, even though I was already there. I asked her why, and she flipped out; she yelled at me for being irresponsible about my insurance, told me it wasn't her job to tell me about my insurance (I didn't ask about it, because I know about it), told me I was trying to "do things on my own agenda" and that if I "didn't pay for appointments, Dr. Genta wouldn't be able to keep the lights on, so stop asking for things for free" (I never asked for anything free). All I did was try to clarify about the results, appointment, and questioned why I was never told this in the beginning. When she continued yelling at me about how it wasn't her job, I told her she was being rude and got up and walked out. She continued yelling, and followed me to the lobby, where she yelled at me more in front of other staff and patients. I left without the information I needed, more frustrated and infuriated than I have ever been at a doctor's appointment. She was extremely rude, unprofessional, and unpleasant. I will not be going back and don't recommend it to anyone else.

flag | Submitted June 10, 2015

Dr. Genta literally saved my life! I spent 10 years visiting numerous doctors. He found tumor others didnt. I can take rude if I get well

flag | Submitted April 10, 2013

I didn't even get to the appointment stage. The lady who answered the phone was totally rude and told me not to make an appt there, but to go to a different type of doctor even though I had seen Dr. Genta before (did like him). I will never go back there because of how rude she was.

flag | Submitted May 7, 2012

I experienced sudden hearing loss in one ear. Dr. Genta did not send me for any testing to determine the cause. Instead, he told me I was deaf in one ear and suggested I get a hearing aid. After extensive testing by another physician, it was determined I suffer from Meniere's disease. I still can not believe Dr. Genta did nothing to determine the cause of my problem. By the way, my hearing returned 100% a couple of months later.

flag | Submitted May 18, 2011

After having a problem with drops being filled for two months instead of three and paying for three. Got a very rude receptionist that did not care to rectify the problem nor keep the patient. After asking for the office manager to call the Dr. himself called did not ask about what the problem was at all was just as rude as the receptionist and after saying we would return the drops and cancel the appt. He called back and said they could not be returned and that if we would not pay...he would turn it into collections. Cannot believe how we were treated. Definately does not care about his business. This Dr. was recommended to us by two family members so he just lost not one but three patients

flag | Submitted January 7, 2011

Absolute Rudest front office that I have ever dealt with. Not just one bad day, but every interaction is rude and callous. If they are trying to attract new patients, or hold on to existing ones, need to find staff that have people skills and that care to help. Doctor is knowledgeable but brief. Impression is that he lets the front office sharks run his office instead of the other way around. Too bad since they do not seem to have more than a GED education. Will never go back or refer friends, family or foe.

flag | Submitted February 4, 2010

Dr Genta is great. His office responded quickly when I need tubes in my ears. Very professional.

flag | Submitted March 29, 2007

Have been seeing him for two decades. He's done sinus surgery on me and administered allery testing and shots for me. Busy, busy office. I have always been happy with treatment.

flag | Submitted November 17, 2006

Staff is very nice. He is very busy and has a great reputation, but they can forget about you. You may have to keep calling to follow up. It is a long wait to become a new patient.

flag | Submitted October 6, 2006

Dr. Gordon Genta's Credentials

• Spanish

• University Of Utah School Of Medicine (Grad. 1978)

Healthnet