Dr. Darrick E. Antell

World Class Punctuality Badge
Exceptionally Helpful Badge
Highly Knowledgeable Badge

Ratings for Dr. Darrick E. Antell

Dr. Antell did a neck lift for me a little while ago. I was terrified that I'd look like so many of those lifts that are mortifying and pulled-back looking, but I went ahead anyway because I was aware of others who had gone to him and were greatly pleased with their results (as was I). So I took the plunge. I'm pleased to report that the lift apparently worked in terms of making me look younger, better, naturally. How do I know? Besides the mirror where I can see that Dr. Antell performed another perfect lift, I was invited out by a 49-year-old man recently. I'm 74. I'm not going to go out with him - the age difference is just too much and I imagine he'd feel the same way if he knew how old I am. But I was pleased to know that my result is so natural, he had no idea he was asking out someone old enough to be his mother! I'm having fun with this story and I'm sure Dr. Antell's patients have a trove of their own stories to tell as well. I VERY HIGHLY recommend Dr. Antell. Two of my friends are going to him due to my result and two others will go to him in the future as well. He's the BEST!

flag | Submitted December 21, 2019

I was extremely sick for 2 years. After ruling out every other cause of my illness, my family and I were convinced that it was due to my 38-year-old breast implants. Therefore, I started reaching out to doctors in New York but was told by many that it would be a 3-4 month waiting period for an appointment. It didn't seem possible to continue suffering for 3 to 4 months, considering that my symptoms were getting worse by the minute. After doing a great deal of research into the best breast surgeons, I found Dr. Antell and contacted his office. His wonderful staff sensed my desperation and made room for me to have a consultation with him right away. His office, located on Park Avenue in Manhattan’s Upper East Side, was extremely clean and impressive. Each member of his office staff was so kind, understanding and helpful. Throughout his office were many magazines covers and articles about him and his extraordinary work, which served to reaffirm the fact that I had come to one of the most premier plastic surgeons. On the day of my appointment, there was a very short waiting time before I was guided back to an exam room. When I met him, I was so impressed. He spent as much time with me as necessary, so I never felt rushed and he had a wonderful bedside manner. He was so kind and understanding, answered all my questions and relieved my anxiety. Due to his many accolades as a “Best Plastic Surgeon”, I was worried about what the cost of the procedure would be but was pleasantly surprised to find the fees quite reasonable and competitive with the New York market. This was mainly due to the fact that he has a fully accredited NYS OR on his premises, which eliminated the hospital fees. Although he is a busy surgeon, he offered to make room for my surgery the following Monday because he understood how sick I was. I decided to get a breast lift in addition to having my implants removed. Having the surgery done in his own OR was quick and efficient. No hospital administration and waiting time. His OR was immaculate, and I wasn't exposed to the germs that reside in a hospital. The anesthesiologist was wonderful, as were his OR nurses. Before I knew it, the surgery was over. The following day, I started feeling better and many of my symptoms were relieved almost immediately. The recovery was quick, and I had minimal pain or discomfort. I was thrilled to see my new breasts, which looked so much better. He's extremely diligent about his follow up with his patients and his office staff is available to help you deal with your insurance provider as well as any additional assistance you need. It's been almost 4 weeks since my surgery and the scars and discomfort are minimal. I am thrilled with the results. I am feeling better every day!! I HIGHLY recommend Dr. Antell. He's an amazing doctor, surgeon, artist, and human being. And his office staff is incredible!! I give 100 stars to this doctor.

flag | Submitted December 17, 2019

I have just had my neck done by Dr. Antell and I could not be happier.. He is truly an artist!! I look and feel totally natural ... minus the sagging neck and jowls. Thank you, Dr. Antell!!

flag | Submitted November 12, 2019

I'm in a business with the brightest of lights, close up's and unflattering camera angles. Most know that the camera can add 'ten pounds' but in many cases, it also adds years, making you look older as the lights cast shadows and accentuate every tiny line and crease. Well, this was just not acceptable to me, so at age 53, my search for a plastic surgeon began. It is a very daunting task to choose a surgeon for such an incredibly important surgery, even more so when your career depends on a meticulous, but natural result. I never, ever share personal information but this is a story that I feel should be shared for a number of reasons. A little over two years ago, I chose my first surgeon. Although this doctor seemed to have all the right certifications, qualifications and accolades, unfortunately my lower facelift/ platysmaplasty did not turn out as I had hoped. My neck actually looked worse than before which was distressing, which was likely caused by a hematoma, and I still had some laxity. A revision on the neck unfortunately did not provide an acceptable result. I didn't blame the doctor, things happen during surgery that are unanticipated, but you might imagine my frustration and exhaustion at this point. I was more determined than ever to do even more intense research and find the most experienced, talented surgeon that would not only be able to deal with complicated scar tissue from these prior surgeries, but to finally give me the facial and neck rejuvenation that I desperately wanted and needed. I spent hours upon hours researching, talking to other doctors, belaboring every detail. It was an exhaustive process... I needed to get this right! Well, after all the many, many hours spent searching, I can honestly say that I finally found the best of the best!! There were many things that stood out while researching Dr. Darrick Antell's experience, qualifications and training. I noted that Dr. Antell's surgical training was at esteemed locations like Cornell and Stanford. I saw that not only was he board certified, but was known worldwide and among many celebrities and people in the news business, for his facial rejuvenation work.... among other things.... BUT the cherry on the cake was when I saw that he first obtained a dental degree before going on to become a plastic surgeon! BOOM! Who would understand the structure of a face, jaw, and neck more than a surgeon with this extensive, multi discipline training? No one compared to Dr. Antell and I mean NO ONE. There was a holy grail after all. Dr. Darrick Antell clearly stood out as the 'Michelangelo' of plastic surgeons and boy was I relieved that my search was over. My entire experience with Dr. Antell and his practice, from start to finish, has been exemplary. As soon as you meet Dr. Antell, his confidence and Midwestern charm puts you immediately at ease. Unlike some other plastic surgeons that I had met, there was no arrogance, or being talked down to. Dr. Antell listens intently because he wants to know and understand what you want without any pressure. His staff were all wonderful to deal with. MY RESULT! Nothing short of fabulous! It's been 11 days, but I can't stop looking in the mirror. The crinkly neck that plagued me for years is gone!! He not only totally revised the lower facelift and necklift, but did fat grafting to restore plumpness to hollowed areas on my face. And, the best news, is that it all looks natural. Despite some residual swelling as it's still early days, no one has even questioned me about any changes to my face other than saying how great I look (overall) and that I look very well rested. I can see the dramatic improvements because I know what I'm looking at.... but the very last thing anyone wants is for someone else to see that you've 'had work' done to your face.... and Dr. Antell's genius hands will only turn back the clock, and never make you look like a caricature that we've all seen too often. So the moral to my story, I've already done all the research and have the results. If you are looking for someone that you can trust entirely and who has unparalleled experience and credentials, Dr. Darrick E. Antell, MD FACS, is your doctor. He's the best of the best. Bar none.

flag | Submitted November 3, 2019

I’ve worked in the Beauty Industry for many years, Dr Antell is the absolute go to for Natural and Beautiful results! I have recommended many Clients and I myself am also a very satisfied Patient!

flag | Submitted September 17, 2019

There is a reason why people refer to Dr. Antell as a genius, a brilliant artist and/or the best plastic surgeon in New York City and certainly among the very best in the country. It's because he IS all of that - and more. I decided to go to Dr. Antell because a friend of mine had had her face done with him, and the result was magnificent. I asked Dr. Antell to lift my neck and to do it in a certain way - too long to explain here. He educated me as to why he had to do the lift in a certain way for the best result. I put my fate in his hands and I have never regretted it for one moment - the result is pure perfection. In fact it is so natural looking, I have said time and again that Dr. Antell gave me back my profile without losing a shred of naturalness. With having only a neck lift, I look at least 10 years younger and, because of that, now I'M sending 3 friends to Dr. Antell because they are so impressed with his incredibly skilled work. Run, don't walk, to his office. There you will be greeted by a top drawer, efficient staff who will make you feel like you're in excellent hands. He could have no better backup team for a skilled surgeon of his stature and talent. He's the best!

flag | Submitted June 30, 2019

Dr. Antell is patience and very thorough. He went through the procedure step by step and listened to every concern/question I had. His staff is very helpful and makes you feel like home.

flag | Submitted April 21, 2019

Dr Antell is one of the few plastic surgeons who truly cares about his patients happiness while maintaining ethical integrity. When I first came to him for my breast augmentation consult, as a petite A cup, I was eager to have the biggest breasts possible. But because of my small frame, Dr. Antell advised me to go for something bettered suited, giving me a very natural look. His opinion was greatly appreciated and I couldn't be more happier with my results. Not only does he have incredible bedside manner and so easy to talk to, but he has the best staff. Everyone is professional and courteous and easily accessible for any questions or concerns. Prior to my surgery, I addressed certain issues that were worrisome, due to my predisposition for capsular contracture. Dr Antell reassured me and quickly provided me with different studies about preventative measures pre and post-op. Of course, I followed his advice to the T and his nurse guided me every step of the way. All in all, I highly recommend Dr Antell for any cosmetic procedure.

flag | Submitted April 3, 2018

Dr. Antell is an excellent surgeon. I am beyond thrilled with the outcome of my breast augmentation. Less than two weeks post op and healing is remarkable thus far. I am feeling great and absolutely loving the results.

flag | Submitted November 7, 2017

Dr. Antell is kind, patient, knowledgeable and (importantly) very skilled in his practice. I am so relieved to have found a doctor whom I really trust to not only deliver aesthetically great results, but also to care about the patient experience throughout the process. I’m only a week or so out of surgery, but the recovery has been really smooth, and the result has far surpassed my expectations. Wholeheartedly recommend, Dr. Antell is a really talented plastic surgeon.

flag | Submitted November 5, 2017

Dr. Darrick E. Antell's Credentials

Yes, this doctor is accepting new patients

Dr. Antell is a board certified plastic and reconstructive surgeon. He has been in private practice and has served as Assistant Clinical Professor of Surgery at Columbia University for over 20 years. He is an official spokesperson for the American Society of Plastic Surgeons and has membership in many regional and national medical societies, including the American Society of Aesthetic Plastic Surgery and the American Society of Plastic Surgeons. Dr. Antell is also a Fellow of the American College of Surgeons. He received his general surgery training at the prestigious Stanford University Medical Center. Dr. Antell then went on to specialize in plastic/reconstructive surgery, training at the New York Hospital/Cornell Medical Center and the Memorial Sloan-Kettering Cancer Center in New York City. Interestingly, he also has a Doctor of Medical Dentistry (DMD) degree from Case Western Reserve University. With both these degrees (MD and DMD), Dr. Antell has the unique expertise to analyze and reconstruct the face.

• English

• Medical College Of Ohio At Toledo (Grad. 1982)
  • Stanford University (Grad. 1985)
  • Weill Medical College Cornell University (Grad. 1987)

• Lipoma