Ratings for Dr. Carlton C. McGregor

He spends time, emails you when you are ill, coordinate s with your other do tours. Has she'd my life many times over

flag | Submitted January 19, 2017

Worse physician I ever saw. He took blood work in May 2014 and never called me to discuss my lab work. My blood sugar was 531 and my A1C was 13.1. I had uncontrolled diabetes and was very sick. Another physician at the same hospital saw my lab work and sent me to the ER. If blood sugar is over 600 you can go into a coma. Do waste your time seeing this physician.

flag | Submitted September 27, 2015

Dr Mc Greggor never contacted me regarding my blood work. I was very sick and never told me that my sugar was dangerous high and I never discussed it with me. As of today, he has still not sent me my lab work or discussed the findings. He also insisted that I use the hospital lab which bills my insurance an additional $240 since I am considered an outpatient if labs are done in the hospital. Would not write a prescription for an outside lab. It is very difficult to reach his office by phone. This is the first physician that I saw who did not discuss lab work results.

flag | Submitted June 5, 2014

I always wanted a Dr. that was able to identify exactly what I was going through even if he is not examing at the moment. Dr. McGregor is that Dr. I can call him explain, over the phone, what is troubling me and he would immediately provide with me advise and instructions that resulted in relief. Until he sees me. I think Dr. M is the best. Love my Dr.

flag | Submitted April 28, 2012

We have made three reservations with this doctor over the course of the last 6 months... and all reservations have been cancelled (1 the day of, and 2 the day before!). Totally unprofessional and uncaring. Every time they said the next appointment would lnot be cancelled and of course it was! To top it off they don't care! Stupid us.

flag | Submitted March 15, 2011

I've known Dr. McGregor for years. He's fantastic and he takes his time to find out your problem. He truly answers your emails in a timely fashion.

flag | Submitted January 14, 2010

I just had to comment- I saw this physician because he was recommended to me and I had a horrible experience. Before knowing anything about me or my history and certainly before examining me, Dr. Mcgregor told me I should have a lung transplant. Obviously this made me hysterical, especially since there was no reason for me to need a transplant and he was the only Dr. to suggest such a thing. He had no diagnosis to support such a recommendation and I cannot understand what motivated him to suggest this to me. Needless to say that 3 years later while still an asthma sufferer I have no expectation of requiring a lung transplant.....He struck me as an irresponsible and reckless doctor who didn't take his patient's emotional wellbeing into consideration.

flag | Submitted May 5, 2008

Very smart and kind doctor. Horrendous secretary who not only doesn't fill out the referrals (which is bad enough) she lies about it and insists she did and you get to the appointment and find out it's not there. When you call the office, no one answers the phone and messages are not returned. He will email you...but otherwise you are out of luck. Plan to spend at least 4 hours for the 20 min. appt. He makes you wait and wait.

flag | Submitted October 1, 2007

Very kind and personable doctor, but I would never return as I routinely waited more than an hour to see him, once more than two hours. For my minor problem he wanted me to return every month for a five minute visit and to charge me a LOT of money for "administering" a medication that he handed me in its box to use at home. Thank goodness my insurance covered this ridiculous charge. He gets the job done but if you can find someone else...

flag | Submitted November 27, 2006

Simply, the best. He has taken care of my family for ten plus years.The most polite, caring and considerate doctor around. Very honest and open to sit and talk to. Respectful to his patients and families, always. He is a great doctor, no a wonderful doctor and human being. He has always been right with his care. I will never forget him for the wonderful care of my dad. Just a wonderful doctor and a caring good soul. PS his secretary is great also. A credit to medicine and mankind.

flag | Submitted October 5, 2006

Dr. Carlton C. McGregor's Credentials

• Harvard Medical School (Grad. 1980)

Medicaid / Medi-Cal