Ratings for Dr. Seth L. Ivins

Drug addicts are very demanding but need help . The staff is mot there to coddle you , i knew Dr ivins from the past being his patient and always thiught he knew what he was talking about and bever rude to me but i am not demanding or addicted . Not a patient now so cant rate office

flag | Submitted August 4, 2017

Dr. Ivins is the best. He is a genuine physician with his patient's best interest in mind. He is not careless with his prescribing meds for chronic pain, he truly cares. He offered me alternatives for my chronic pain that have been very successful and are non-addictive. I highly recommend Dr. Ivins for the sufferer who does not want to run addiction risks. He offers non-conventional treatment which has worked great for me.

flag | Submitted July 14, 2017

He's awesome, he tells it like it is and could be offensive to others but I respect that about him. He won't just medicate you just to medicate you. He's the real deal.

flag | Submitted September 11, 2016

My child had opiate issues. We went to try to get them into a suboxone regime. During the intake exam, Dr. Ivins was extremely arrogant and brusque. I could understand how that may have been the best way to deal with addicts, a tough love attitude, so I said nothing. He scheduled them for an early morning appointment to start the drug which we were unable to make. We called ahead of time. My child simply wasn't truly ready yet. He ended up billing my child for $400. With everything we were dealing with, it was not helpful but actually quite harmful. It added a lot of stress to an already toxic situation. My child has been off the drugs now for more than 3 years, thank God, but it's certainly .no thanks to anything this doctor did. Seems like it's about the money with him.

flag | Submitted December 17, 2015

What an A$$ hole. I was refered to him by another dr , i am looking for a primary care dr who could /would write the occasional pain meds for when my back slips outta place (I don't need to wait 2wks to go to a pain management place when I'm hurting that day) The k u n t who answered the phone told me he doesn't do pain meds and when I asked what kind of pain management he does she puts Mr Inins on the phone (I won't call him ne kind of Dr.) and he starts yelling at me like I'm a 15 yr old junkie just looking for a pill handout and hangs up rudely. I'm in my 40's and been dealing with my spine for since I fell 30 ft 20+ yrs ago and in that time I have never come across such a dikhed attitude by physician. Yes Seth your an a$$ hole and ur staff needs to get a grasp on how to treat patients specially potential new ones refered by your peers. You n your staff are a joke and I wouldn't let you treat my dog for fleas.. What a jerkoff.

flag | Submitted July 28, 2015

This doctor is horrible,harsh n too agressive,no compassion whtsoever n madeDr. Seth Ivins of Newark on Addiction: Delaware Dr. Seth Ivins of Newark on Addiction: Delaware Health - Delaware ... - Delaware ... a unprofessional comment that" most of his Medicaid patients cant come clean,told me he was voted "the best doc.in ths area,wht a joke,ths man is nasty,loud n conceited,should. NOT b a doc.esp a "detoxDr. Seth Ivins of Newark on Addiction: Delaware Health - Delaware ... doc"...

flag | Submitted September 25, 2014

Dr. ivens office is a load of crap. they cant even call you back when they say they will. they wait days or weeks untik you finally called and reached them after a hundred times. not to mention you have to leave your info wit receptionist and wait weeks for them to tell you theres no room at this time. very unproffessional and rude. definitely dont reccomend

flag | Submitted December 17, 2013

Dr. Ivins is an extremely rude and obnoxious. He fancies himself as a Psychiatric genius which he quite often reminds you. It seems to me he has esteem issues and is very insecure. He also gives me the impression that he tries very hard to impart on you that he's more of what he wants to be then he actually is. He will explode if you do not agree with him. One of his retorts is that he does many speaking engagements and is an expert on every type of medication. A simple Google search shows no mention of any speaking events, or even recognition by his peers for his self-proclaimed "expertise". He is not even a certified Psychiatrist. Also looking at his educational background, he graduated from some obscure university in Italy. His office facilities are not impressive. His cliental seem to be more of a lower socioeconomic status with substance abuse issues (I don't mean this to offensive to the patients). I would highly recommend that you avoid this man.

flag | Submitted April 12, 2013

dr ivins is a good doctor he is very knowledeable of all facets of pain manegement. I went to him to get off the pain meds so i could lead a normal life and not have to deal with the pill nightmare any longer. of coarse he and his staff sometimes gets frustrated,they are only human, and so would you if you had to deal with the pill popping people disguising themselves as patients. he gave me my life back with the suboxone and would rather deal with pain than have to chase pills for the rest of my life. no one is perfect and everyone has bad days and to you who think dr ivins is not a good doctor than i recommend you try the other quacks in DE, i guarantee you will be back. i know what im talking about, i have been in pain for over 15 years and pills are not the answer unless you want to be broke and sick.

flag | Submitted February 19, 2013

I have been using Dr. Ivins for over 10 years. He is honest and straightforward with respect to treatment options, and is very knowledgeable about the latest developments in Rx drugs. He answers all my questions completely. The treatment he has prescribed for my mild hypertension is working extremely well, with no noticeable side effects. On the downside, the staff shows a high turnover rate and is rude at times. I don't care about the staff because they are not treating me.

flag | Submitted December 20, 2011

Dr. Seth L. Ivins's Credentials

• Libero Inst Univ Di Med E Chirurgia Dell'Aquila, Aquila, Italy (Grad. 1981)

Top Urgent Care Centers in Wilmington, DE