Ratings for Dr. James M. Rynerson

Talked me into buying lifetime insurance after he done Lasic surgery on both eyes. I bought it then he closed down his practice. I’m going to sue him for my money back. He is a con. I can no longer see whiteout glasses & of a morning I cannot see for hrs. He is a con & crook. DO NOT RECOMMEND!!!!

flag | Submitted August 10, 2019

He performed my LASIK and he has no bedside manner. He is very rough and doesn’t explain anything. He pushes you in and out the door. He didn’t even say he was done and just simply walked out the operating room. He is very impatient and raises his voice to make his commands.

flag | Submitted August 24, 2018

I would like to publish a retraction to all statements I have made on this site.

flag | Submitted March 7, 2016

DO NOT RECOMMEND. He is a complete jerk. He did not explain my surgery to me at all and did not make me feel comfortable. He was very aggressive with my head and neck, yelled at me when I couldn't understand what he was asking to do, and just overall rude. He continued to jerk my neck and head during my eye surgery which was very aggressive and forceful. When he finished my procedure- he simply WALKED OUT. He did not say you're finished thank you bye whatever, simply walked out. Did not even say "done". He does not care about his patients, he's greedy, and rude. Way too aggressive and would NEVER recommended to anyone.

flag | Submitted August 3, 2015

he done lasik surgery on my wife and me. after my wife had surgery and went back for here 4 week ck. up i think it was about 4 weeks she would not go back to him. after by ck. up he said it did not do good in one eye and need to do it again because i move. and it cost more to redo it because i did't buy his insure. so i paid more and he done it again and i went back for the ck. up and before i know if it was all right he told me i had cataract in both eyes and need surgery and when he done that all the money i paid before was worthless. now i have a scared on in front of my left eye that can't be remove and enter fears with my vision, i waited to long to do anything about it accept like people to watch out for the money machine. if he say something about cataract i would have someone else to ck. it out before surgery. some said at the hospital he done more cataract surgery than any other doctor.the amount i paid and the times i not sure of but i am posited of the result.

flag | Submitted March 30, 2013

Dr. Rynerson performed lasik on both my eyes 2 days ago. When I went in, i was -5.5 in one eye and -5.25 in the other. One day after my lasik, i was 20/20 in one and 20/30 in the other. Limited starburst (which is normal), no pain, no irritation. He done a great job! He is a little rushy with the patients, but the ladies there were very nice and understanding. I would recommend him again.

flag | Submitted March 13, 2010

THIS DOCTOR DID LASIK FOR ME, POOR RESULTS, THEN HE DID EYE SURGERY ON BOTH EYES, POOR RESULTS. WHEN I TOLD HIM I HAVE BLURRY VISION HE BRUSHED ME OFF, TOLD ME MY EYES ARE PERFECT, AND THEN HE SAID HE COULD DO A 'PROCEDURE' ON MY EYES BUT ITS EXPENSIVE. I THINK MY SURGERY FAILED BECAUSE HE HAS UNSKILLED PEOPLE DOING EYE EXAMS AND NO ONE THERE KNOWS WHAT THEY ARE DOING. EVEY TIME YOU GO THERE HE HAS NEW STAFF, USUALLY VERY YOUNG. THEY RUN YOU THRU THERE LIKE A CONVER BELT. IF YOU GET GOOD RESULTS ITS PURE CHANCE,. I THINK HE COULD BE A GOOD DOCTOR BUT GREED HAS OVER TAKEN HIM, HE RUSHES IN, TAKES A LOOK RUSHES OUT, YOU'RE DONE. NO ONE EVER EXPLAINS ANYTHING. THEY HAD ME SIGN CONSENT PAPERS AFTER I WAS DOPED UP, EVEYONE DID IT SAME WAY THAT MORNING. I WOULD NEVER GO THERE AGAIN, KNOWING WHAT I KNOW ABOUT HIM AND HIS STAFF. BEWARE

flag | Submitted March 16, 2009

Dr. Rynerson has now treated me and my whole family of 4 with Lasik. We could not be more pleased. Our vision is excellent (we compete when we are on trips to see whos is best!) Simply wonderful, down-to-earth bedside manner. Easy to talk to....you would never imagine he is one of the best in his field by his "regular guy" dimeaner" His staff was also excellent and we won't go anywhere else for our eyes!

flag | Submitted January 8, 2008

i had lasik four years ago and an enhancement a year ago. i was not pleased with the way dr rynerson treated me. he was in a rush and would not answer my questions. it was as if he thought my questions were stupid and he did not have time to answer them. i wish i had went to another dr. and i will never go back to him.

flag | Submitted August 21, 2007

I thought Dr. Rynerson was wonderful. His staff always made me feel at ease and comfortable. I never waited longer than 30 minutes and he always answered any questions I had. He does fabulous LASIK work; he is a great surgeon.

flag | Submitted January 4, 2007

Dr. James M. Rynerson's Credentials

• University Of Louisville School Of Medicine (Grad. 1990)

MSP/BC Med