Ratings for Dr. Kara H. Harbick

This ophthalmologist was recommended to me by a friend after relocating to the area. It is evident that she is highly regarded since scheduling initial and follow-up care wasn't always easy. Once under her care, it is exceptional. I would definitely recommend.

flag | Submitted December 31, 2016

Temperamental Doctor that is uncaring and acts like a spoiled teenager. She cares little for the patient and more about blowing you off to get to her tennis game.

flag | Submitted September 23, 2016

Dr. Harbick saved my eyesight. Getting an appointment was horrible since the office is highly regarded. Saw a couple of others with her credentials and she knows her stuff.

flag | Submitted June 19, 2015

Very condescending and uncaring. I have never had a doctor who was more rude, in fact rude is a kind word for this review. She had me on a drug that was not working and was making me very ill, but refused to even discuss it. I recommend staying away, she is difficult at best.

flag | Submitted June 9, 2015

Love dr harbick and her staff. They are all friendly. I'm in my early 30's and see her for possible early stage of glaucoma. She always explains things to me so I understand and answers questions I may have. Recommended her to others and they feel the same-shes wonderful.

flag | Submitted October 10, 2014

I took my 82 year old mother for her appointment and we waited in the room for an hour, this happens everytime we see her.This is hard on the elderly and for others who take time off of work and end up waiting anyway. When I said something to her, she became very offensive and said she would recommend a new doctor, she claims to be the only doctor of her sort in the area and I found this untrue. She is the most rudest condenseding so called professional doctor I ever met. She has no compation what so ever. I think she thinks she is god, and there is no one better then her. I would not refer her to anyone.

flag | Submitted July 17, 2013

I spoke with her as an on-call weekend physician. She was very condescending and her comment to me was, "Well, I don't think this is anything that can't wait until Monday with your regular doctor. I don't think that you'll go blind before Monday."

flag | Submitted April 7, 2010

Dr. Harbick has a difficult personality. She is not receptive to questions. Her compassion for patients with pain and difficult diagnoses is minimal.

flag | Submitted June 10, 2009

Very knowledgeable, compassionate and helpful. I saw her for eye pain that I couldn't explain away. She diagnosed it, treated me, has even called to inquire if I was feeling better and if the pain had decreased. I referred a friend of mine to her and she's the only one who treated his vision problems accurately and promptly enabling him to see clearly once again. She's WONDERFUL!

flag | Submitted March 5, 2009

This doctor is insensitive and rude. Does not listen to the patient. Arrogant and condescending.

flag | Submitted October 5, 2006

Dr. Kara H. Harbick's Credentials

• University Of Illinois At Chicago Health Science Center (Grad. 1997)

Delta Dental