Ratings for Dr. Yevgeniya Gelman

Stay away from this dentist. Completely unprofessional and unqualified. I hate the day when I step into her old crappy office. She created so many problems with my teeth and I had to spend so much time and resources to fix them after her horrible treatment . . This so called " dentist" should be not allowed to practice.

flag | Submitted September 26, 2015

Don't go to her. I waited almost 3 hours with my son and regret it. She's a very imitating dentist and doesn't explain anything. I told her my son was scared of dentists and he left there more afraid. He had his teeth cleaned and he was in tears. In all my years with a dentist, I've never seen someone so rough on a patient. He recently had braces removed and she told us that his teeth was in poor shape and had to be all removed because there was nothing she could do for him. He was tears when he heard this, he's only 17 years old. So we decided to go to another dentist for a second opinion. And he told us the exact opposite. I know we belong to HMO dental plan. But it's NOT right for a dentist to do unnecessary procedures to make more money. It's totally not right.

flag | Submitted September 7, 2014

I have the highest regard for Dr. Gelman and would recommend her unequivocally. She has been dentist to me and my family (including my wife and my two sons, aged 10 and 4) for many years and I trust her completely as a doctor and as an utmost professional. Not only is Dr. Gelman highly skilled, she is extremely dedicated and conscientious - she often works extra time in order to get things absolutely right. To the extent that you sometimes have to wait for a little bit before she receives you, I think that her work is well worth the wait because you know that you will get the same high quality service as the patient before you. I find it very hard to believe that anyone would have anything negative to say about Dr. Gelman or her work and would definitely recommend that you give her a shot and make your own judgement - I doubt that you would be disappointed!

flag | Submitted April 11, 2013

I was treated by few dentists and left them for different reasons before I've entered office of Dr.Gelman in Bay Ridge. She is caring knowledgeable doctor, perfectionist, stays with her patients often late to be sure that treatment completed. Recently I had a severe toothache happend just before my vacation and Doctor Gelman came from home an hour earlier her schedule to help me. I used different dental insurances, some of them didn't pay well at all, but Dr.Gelman always asked for reasonable price. All her fillings, root canals and crowns are still in perfect condition. She is a doctor for me and my family for more than 10 years.

flag | Submitted April 8, 2013

She is the worst! She makes problems in your mouth to take money from you. I'm 20 years old. By the time I was 16, I already had 8 root canals. She's completely insane and can't believe I trusted her. She accidentally pulled out my mother's took when giving her dentures, and did the same to my sister. NO ONE GO TO HER! She's unprofessional and money hungry.

flag | Submitted March 24, 2013

In two words - Highly recommended! First time I came to Dr Gelman 18 years ago. During that time she performed all kinds of procedures including full mouth reconstruction. 10 years later everything is perfect cosmetically and functionally. I also recommended Dr Gelman to my relatives and some friends and I only hear positive feedback.

flag | Submitted February 7, 2012

Very clean, nice office. Big thanks to Dr. Yevgeniya Gelman for beautiful and professional quality work. Great person and capable hands. I recommend getting treatment here.

flag | Submitted June 17, 2011

Dr. Gelman is a very knowledgeable dentist and takes the time to do a great job. I went to her to get a root canal and several fillings, she had done a much better job that the previous two dentists I had. She always takes the time to explain the procedure she is about to perform so that I can feel at ease. Her staff is very pleasant as well.

flag | Submitted April 24, 2011

I saw her only 3 or 4 times, usual wait more then an hour. Told me that I needed root canal fixed for one tooth and the another needs to be removed and wanted to do the procedures right away. I said I will think about it and left, next day I went to another dentist, they put in two fillings and I haven't had any problems or pain in almost 2 years. Also tried to bill me for the small procedure that was covered by my insurance company.

flag | Submitted November 4, 2010