Ratings for Dr. Amanda Nickles Fader

Dr. Fader took exceptional care of my Mother this past year. She treated her, and myself and my Father, like we were one of her own family members. Not only is she a technically superb clinician and surgeon, but her bedside manner and caring touch, provided us with the strength and confidence we needed at such a difficult time for our family. She embodies the ideal physician in my mind. We are very grateful to Dr. Fader for providing us such superb care.

flag | Submitted December 29, 2015

I met Dr. Fader this June when I was in the process of scheduling a hysterectomy and oophrectomy. I have a strong family history of breast and ovarian cancer (brca1). My mom and grandma died from it. I was doing my surgery preventatively but had recently found out I had an ovarian cyst. I did a little research on sites such as this and chose Dr. Fader. I was not disappointed. She and her staff are very caring. She even called me at home both before and after surgery to make sure things were ok. The surgery went so much better than I expected it would (lavh/bso). I was back to jogging in 4 weeks and felt great! I'm seven weeks post op now and my incisions (3) are well healed and almost invisible.

flag | Submitted September 27, 2014

I met Dr. Fader when she joined Hopkins as Director of Gyn Onc.I didn't know I would be diagnosed with a gyn below the belt cancer (www.foundationforwomenscancer.org) but my suspicion was high.I searched doctor review sites.I was trusting my life to someone I hoped would get me, see me as a woman with a disease, not as the disease itself, who would integrate the best medical knowledge, share decision making, help me navigate Cancerland, one with a deft surgical hand to deliver the best outcome & stand by me if tough times were to follow. Welcome to Dr Fader! She's awesome, compassionate, smart! I had robotic assisted surgery, no complications.Under her guidance am getting chemo.Her RN helped me understand side effects, even asked if I had any sexual concerns! Her support staff are on the ball.Nothing slips through the cracks.Paperwork is done in a timely manner.Hugs are plentiful.I can easily reach Dr Fader by cell, email.She has kept me in the loop the entire way & I am most grateful!

flag | Submitted September 20, 2013