Ratings for Dr. R Leakos

Like everyone, Dr Leakos has his good and bad days!!!!!Mostly good!!!!!!!!

flag | Submitted January 28, 2016

Poor clinician. I always dread if he is on call as I know I will be taking my children for a second opinion. I'm at

flag | Submitted January 27, 2016

I was really worried about my sickness and when I met Dr. Leakos, he did absolutely nothing to make me feel better.

flag | Submitted August 3, 2015

Misdiagnosed me several times. Seemed completely uninterested in what I had to say. I went to a different doctor who immediately referred to me to a specialist who in turn diagnosed what I had assumed all along. I will NEVER go back to see this doctor again.

flag | Submitted August 1, 2015

He is the best doctor I have ever had here in Saskatoon. He is patient and knowledgable, with good manners. He is very experienced. He is great asset of LMC.

flag | Submitted April 28, 2015

Dr. Leakos is a WONDERFUL person and doctor. He is always willing to listen and is also hilarious (given the opportunity)! He does EXACTLY what a family doctor should do... if it's a matter that is outside of his abilities, he refers you onto someone who can better assess and care for that particular problem! This is what MORE family doctors should be doing! Accept that you can't fix everything, and acknowledge that there are other professionals who might be better for that particular job! After all, they are general practitioners... not plastic surgeons or dentists or physiotherapists... etc. I would recommend Dr. Leakos to anyone and everyone. Only, I don't want you taking up my appointment slots ;) He is direct and to the point and can accept defeat if he has to... and for that I applaud him! In short, he's great and I'm happy to have him as my doctor! :)

flag | Submitted December 12, 2014

Totally unhelpful, no bedside manner at all. Rude and curt, barely listened to me.

flag | Submitted June 10, 2013

I am fortunate to have been a patient of Dr. Leakos since he moved back to Saskatoon. His broad spectrum of knowledge is supplemented by caution and common sense - a very compatible combination. He also maintains a wider range of personal interests, a characteristic which I view very positively. Discussions have always been comfortable, and it helps that he is willing to listen to, and evaluate, a patient's suggestions - not all doctors will do that. (PS: no one gets a "5", as no one is perfect.)

flag | Submitted May 17, 2013

I have and will continue to recommend Dr Leakos to family and friends. They should be so lucky to have him for their Dr. He is very punctual yet never hurrays your time with him. He does not think he is the know all, be all but instead refers you to specialists if and when required. He always makes sure you know and understand test results and is very thorough when prescribing medications being sure you understand why you are taking it and the inter relationship with other medications you are already on. I feel honoured to have Richard as my doctor and cannot believe some of the posts on this sight are referring to the same doctor.

flag | Submitted August 2, 2011

Amazing doctor. I have never been anything but impressed with his kind, gentle nature. When I moved to Regina I would actually drive 2 hours to see him; it was very hard to get a new doctor in Regina when I got pregnant. I wished I could bring him with me! Highly highly recommended.

flag | Submitted November 23, 2010