Ratings for Dr. Joseph Balaton

Dr Balaton is quick but he has been practicing a long time so, when you get good at something... the comment about him talking as he walks down the hall is true! lol Maybe just a quirk he has. I've seen n heard him do it to others. Its not bad, just funny - usually general common sense things he's shouting at you down the hall; try a vaporizer, get lots of rest, etc. if it were more personal, I may be mortified but its not happened (yet!). I trust him. Yes, maybe a tiny bit lacking in friendliness, but luckily I only need his medical opinion and treatment, not a friend, a shoulder to lean on or counselling. I'm happy with his professional conduct - I'm often in a rush too and can appreciate his timeliness.

flag | Submitted July 27, 2017

Very cheap and it is apparent he is in it for the money. Takes on too many patients he doesnt even take the time to check over a patient

flag | Submitted May 12, 2017

i have went to him all my life (1996) and also have went to other walk in clinics when hes unavailable but over all i never met a doctor with more knowledge and care then him,sure he may be quick with his appointments but always addressed all my issues, as well whenever i have been over 1 night in the hospital no matter if i seen him before going to the hospital or not he will always show up and check in on me . I will never trust any doctor or medical advice unless he tell me its okay 10 out of 10 for the best doctor i have ever had! i have refereed my friends to him and all of them and out of 7 friends that have switched to him i have never heard anything negative EVER

flag | Submitted April 4, 2017

Dr. Balaton is a horrible doctor. He was insensitive to my needs and prescribed in an arbitrary fashion rather than in a manner designed to meet my individual needs. What a colossal waste of my time. I would recommend a person consult with their family dog rather than seeing this man.

flag | Submitted March 21, 2017

made to trasfer of health information to another caregiver very painful

flag | Submitted February 8, 2017

I love Dr Balaton, hes great, knowledgable.. a trusted Dr and always been there to help me

flag | Submitted February 2, 2017

I only go to Dr Balatons, most of my family does too, he's a kind and understanding guy who listens to my symptoms or questions regarding my baby. My baby has been seeing balaton and nobody else as well, every time we go in for help we come out with things that work. He also helped me find an issue with my Gall bladder which was swelling and giving me totally random pain attacks that I wouldn't wish on anyone, when my GB was removed I had another terrible attack which he then found out I had a stone stuck in the bile duct, he told me head to the ER immediately to which I was admitted and treated with ERCP. He basically helped save my liver before it failed on me. Amazing dr! The staff are also amazing and so kind, they've seen my baby boy grow up with me every time I walk through those doors, the desk clerk even helped keep an eye on my son for me while I went to see Balaton for my shoulder pains as my son can be rather crazy in the mini rooms.

flag | Submitted November 21, 2016

Having asthma attack and my prescription had ran out. So I phoned pharmacist and had them fax Dr Balaton for a new prescription. I phoned Dr Balaton's office and asked them if they could fax a new prescription. They told me I had to come down and get new prescription. But at this time I can't breathe but the doctor's office want me to drive around the city just to do something he could of just faxed. This is a terrible doctor all he wants is to give you prescription and get you in and out of his office as fast as he can. He doesn't care about anyone except his pocket full of money.

Submitted October 19, 2016

This doctor is way to quick to write a prescription, barely hears whats wrong and "here you go take this", and is on the fly out the door. He continues to talk about your problem as he leads you down the hall and out the door. You literally walk out of there wondering what just happened. I think this doctor should seriously have his license revoked.

flag | Submitted September 28, 2016

Always open to listening to ones concerns and willing to look into the possibilities of other treatments.

flag | Submitted June 22, 2015