Ratings for Dr. Justin Schechter

I have worked with Dr. Schechter for a few years now and he has been very helpful and responsive. He is informative and explains why he recommends the actions he recommends. I have been able to reach him by phone or email in urgent situations and on weekends. I have had to be proactive in getting prescriptions refilled, and sometimes have experienced delays that are within my tolerance but required calling more than once. Subjectively, I think he's a nice guy.

flag | Submitted April 27, 2010

Several years ago he prescribed a medication for me, after seeing me only once.This medication was for a different diagnoisis than I was given from a few other doctors I had consulted with.He took me off what I had been taking --cold turkey.Well, I had a terrible reaction and it made me nearly suicidal. It was over the Holidays. He hadn't even told me he was going away or to call his associate or any direction for follow-up. Luckily, my Mom, witnessing my behavior, made me call his office and his associate was very helpful. I don't remember his name. He told me to stop the medication and go back on what I had been taking. I was o.k. after that, though it took a few days to get back into balance. I thought Dr. Schechter's actions were irresponsible if not dangerous.

flag | Submitted December 4, 2009

I have been with Dr. Schechter for over 15 years on and off and he has always taken very good care of me...There is not one thing I can say about him other than I think he's brilliant, kind and warm. I have recommended him through out the years and will continue to do so.

flag | Submitted June 2, 2008

I feel he does not spend enough time getting to know what is really going on before prescribing different medication after different medication whereby neccessitating return visit after return visit.

flag | Submitted May 19, 2008

He is not understanding or compassionate, he's more concerrned about CYA, covering his A__ with documented letters, memos, etc. I would not recommend him at all. Go to Dr. Mueller.

flag | Submitted April 13, 2008

Dr. Justin Schechter's Credentials

• Suny At Stony Brook Hlth Sci Ctr, Stony Brook Ny 11794 (Grad. 1981)

GHI