Ratings for Dr. Michael P. Vaughn

I had been sick since July with an annoying cough (which I blamed on allergies) which produced small thick amounts of phlegm; after months of lack of sleep and 2 rounds of antibiotics nothing was really helping my condition. I got worse with wheezing when finally my Internal Med. Doctor referred me to Dr. Vaughn, I was shocked to hear him say that my condition may not be allergy related he concluded it may be my immune system (I have been on allergy meds/shots all my life practically) he recommended a PheumoVacine which did boost my immune system). But the crazy part was that after he had lab work done on my nasal mucus a rare nasal bacteria was found and is hard to rid. But after a month on special nasal flushes I finally found relief and started to sleep. Dr. Vaughn is a hospitable Thorough, Patient Doctor.

flag | Submitted January 20, 2015

Dr. M.Vaughn was recommended by my daughter, i had been suffering from allergies for the last few years and ad not gotten them under control. Dr. Vaughn has helped me tremendously and has called me at home to follow up on my treatments ad condition. He has helped me breath again and sleep better.

flag | Submitted October 27, 2014

Dr. Vaughn is an excellent physician. He is punctual, reliable, calls you at home to followup and listens and answers all my questions. I came to him taking 5 different OTC anti histamines, with chronic sinusitis, always sick and miserable from my allergies and using inhalers for wheezing from all my allergies. After the tests, a medications and shots a year later I do no take anything but a nasal inhaler. I have no further sinus infections and have not had to use an inhaler over a year. He is great and I refer him to anyone who has allergies.

flag | Submitted September 11, 2014

Dr. Vaughn and his staff saved the day for my 21-month-old son on a recent trip to San Antonio. We unexpectedly ran out of his hypoallergenic "milk" called Elecare. I usually order it online because it is difficult to find it in stores. He is on this formula due to milk and nut allergies. I called several San Antonio stores and pharmacies with no luck. I decided to start calling allergists, hoping they could direct me to a place to purchase this formula. The first two places I called were no help. Luckily, I called Dr. Vaughn's office. I explained my dilemma. His assistant briefly put me on hold. When she returned, she said she had spoken to Dr. Vaughn. He said I would not find Elecare in a San Antonio store. They offered me the three cans they had in their office at no charge! I am so grateful for their kindness and generosity! My son is not a patient at Dr. Vaughn's office but, if we lived in San Antonio, he definitely would be! Thank you again Dr. Vaughn.

flag | Submitted July 16, 2014

I have been asthmatic since age 5 and in my late 20's started having asthma attacks that appeared unresponsive to nebulizer treatments. I switched allergists to Dr Michael Vaughn and he diagnosed me with vocal cord dysfunction after reviewing my symptoms of wheezing and difficulty on inspiration (vs probs with expiration which is asthma). I didn't realize that asthma and VCD can coexist. I had another attack in feb 2014 unresponsive to albuterol treatments and finally decided to try the vocal cord exercises just as my husband was taking me to ER. It worked and I was floored, I'm a RN and thought I knew all about my asthma. I had avoided the ER and being pumped full of steriods! I also learned that my reflux is a trigger to VCD and take my acid reducer regularly. I feel very empowered now and the fear factor has been greatly diminished. I will forever be grateful that he figured this out and will continue to go to Alamo Asthma & Allergy for my allergy shots and asthma/VCD management :)

flag | Submitted June 30, 2014

Had full skin testing with 62 allergens, Found multiple positive sensitivities. Placed on Omnaris nose spray, Xyzal and Pataday and I can now tolerate being around cats. Told I don't need allergy shots unless medications fail to control my symptoms. Very friendly office, Doctor called me back on same day I left a message for him.

flag | Submitted February 12, 2014

Not only has doctor Vaughn helped me, a 64 yr.-old-woman, manage allergic reactions to stings that inoculations haven't been able to help, but he has found that the asthma symptoms doctors have been treating me for since I was 35 really aren't asthma symtoms after all; they are reflux symptoms! I have Barrett's esophagus. I have a raspy voice and am constantly clearing my throat, spitting up mucous and coughing like I have deep chest congestion. I've been to pulmonologists, ENTs, and internists who have put me on Advair, Singulair, and a myriad of inhalers over the years. What a circus. Demeanor-wise, I find Dr. Vaughn the kindest person. He is not only knowledgable, but he seems genuinely concerned about me and my well being. He listens closely, is respectful, and offers samples and prescriptions for fair-priced meds to help my pocketbook. I think anyone in San Antonio, TX, with allergies or asthma is doing him/herself a grave disservice not giving Dr. Michael Vaughn a try.

flag | Submitted October 6, 2012

My daughter and I love Alamo Asthma & Allergy. Dr. Mike is great with kids and talks to them directly. Usually my daughter will not let anyone look into her mouth but she was smiling and cooperative much to my surprise. My daughter had been told she had allergies by her Pediatrician but allergy medications weren't working. Dr. Mike was the first one to look into her nose and diagnosed her with a sinus infection that had likely been there for months. After 2 courses of antibiotics, her congestion and cough were gone. Dr. Mike checked her immune system and found that she had not made antibodies to her four PCV-13 vaccinations. She got a booster and has done well for several months. We highly recommend this practice and Dr. Mike. We also love that Dr. Mike calls you personally with lab results when they are done and does not make you come in for an appointment needlessly.

flag | Submitted September 20, 2012

I do not recommend this allergist! He is horrible with kids! 3 year old daughter has severe food allergies, Dr. Michael Vaughn is impatient, rushes you through the appointments, very blunt, does not answer questions thoroughly and is a horrible communicator! Daughter's food allergies came back positive after 1st visit, a year later we went back for a re-test - he did a complete 180 on everything he told us at the first appt and event refused to re-test her for school purposes! Found another allergist immediately and have been very happy. I do not recommend this doctor! (However, I have heard his wife, at the same practice, is a very good doctor). If you choose him for your allergist, be prepared to be treated coldly; he will brush off your concerns and leave you very frustrated!

flag | Submitted July 16, 2012

dr michael vaughn will set down and listen to you and help you he cares that you are a real person i took shots for 2 1/2 years and after the shots they tested me and i was cured i do not have to take shots anymore. he will set down and listen to you and help you . again he CARES THAT YOU ARE A REAL PERSON

flag | Submitted January 23, 2012

Dr. Michael P. Vaughn's Credentials

• Medical College of Virginia (Grad. 1987)