Ratings for Dr. Angela R. Courtney

TERRIBLE OFFICE STAFF - not sure who actually runs the office, but they are extremely unprofessional and rude. I had scheduled an appointment for me and my child, I received a call to confirm, email and text to confirm my appointment for the following day. As a busy mother of 2, I trusted they were right with the day/time to confirm. I immediately emailed them to say we couldn't attend the appointment, in which was within the 24 hour notice period. I received a reply stating I would be charged $100.00 for a cancellation notice! I responded and said I was within the 24 hour notice. Come to find out, MY APPOINTMENT WASN'T EVEN THE FOLLOWING DAY. I should have looked, but the office should have investigated before confronting me with such a hostile message. A few hours later I received a voicemail from a different individual confirming my appointment; I then received a sarcastic response back from the individual. Two days later I receive a notification on my phone alerting me of the appointment that I had cancelled; I contacted their office to advise them of the mishap with the dates, and received a rude email wishing me and my family a warm holiday. COMPLETELY IGNORING THE MATTER! An hour later, I received a phone call from a different person at the desk asking where I was for my appointment. Either 1. They really have no idea what they are doing and the lack of communication within the office, or 2. They are that lazy, bored and unprofessional that they want to purposely harass patients. To make matters worse, my sister found out her daughter had a life threatening brain tumor and she missed her appointment; my sister explained the situation and she was billed a CANCELLATION NOTICE!! This office is awful and I would never recommend anyone to go here because all they want to do is charge you unnecessary fees and services.

flag | Submitted November 20, 2014

Incompetent! She said that I needed deep root cleaning. I got a 2nd opinion from a periodontist. I do not need this procedure; my gums are fine. I think she just wanted the insurance money. More importantly, my fiancee' went to her for a crown that same week. The tooth would not get numb, despite 3 rounds of anaesthetic. This problem is a common sign of infection (many websites mention it). He returned twice due to pain. She refused antibiotics and said that is was just a bad bite and to use Sensodyne. He ended up in a clinic with a swollen jaw. Antibiotics cleared up the pain. Then he had to get a root canal on that tooth, per my periodontist. The endodontist said that the tooth had a chronic abscess and bone loss. It was visible on the x-ray. Dr. Courtney's incompetence could have lead to life-threatening problems since the infection needed treatment. Don't be fooled by the nice office. She is not competent.

flag | Submitted January 28, 2014

They have very up-to-date technology. They are super friendly and very knowledgeable. I hate the dentist, and they made my visit very pleasent. On top of that, they found my first three cavities. They were very gentle when they were fixing them and also explained everything to me so I wasn't freaking out. Any one in Columbus, this is the place to go!

flag | Submitted March 26, 2009