Ratings for Dr. Walter J. Hubickey

I had Lasek 3 years ago this October. Dr. Hubickney was my surgeon. He is the best! I truly loved him and his staff. My vision has been 20/15 in both eyes. I would definitely recommend Dr. Hubickney to everyone who is interested in correcting their vision. My vision has been great, and my eyes are healthy!

flag | Submitted August 24, 2013

I had LASEK done 10 months ago with Dr. Hubickey. Having eye surgery can be unnerving to the bravest soul, but Dr. Hubickey made the whole experience as pleasant as possible. He explained the process thoroughly so that I was not surprised by anything throughout the surgery. He also discussed the pros and cons of each surgery (LASIK and LASEK) and gave his opinion of which was best for me individually. Also, Joyce was a wonderful support throughout the entire process.She even took calls on the weekends when I had questions! As for the surgery, it took a total of about 10 minutes. I did not regain functional vision for about 6-7 days. I began to see 20/20 in my right eye within 2 months but it took almost 7 months before my left eye was up to par. My left eye saw slightly double for a few months then slowly turned to a blur then eventually to 20/15. I was nervous about this, but Dr. Hubickey reassured me that it was normal, and he was right! I now see 20/15 from both!Great Doctor!

flag | Submitted March 7, 2013

I had the Custom Vue Lasek done in April 2010. I wanted to wait a year before rating the experience/ doctor. Dr. Hubickey did a fabulous job. I went from -4+ in both eyes and minimal night vision to perfect 20/20 in both eyes even at night. I was able to get my night driving restriction removed from my license. I don't have any halos and rare dry eyes (only during allergy seasons). Dr. Hubickey's staff (Tony and Joyce) are fabulous and everyone has great "bedside manner". I loved my experience and would refer anyone and everyone looking to get lasik/ lasek to Dr. Hubickey.

flag | Submitted March 29, 2011

Dr. Hubickey is the best eye doctor I have ever been to in my life and I am 58 years old. Excellent patient care and goes into great detail on what to expect from the surgery. He will spend as much time as you want with him and is never anxious to move to the next patient if you have a lot of questions. I quit my former eye doctor and am now a permanent patient of Dr. Hubickey. I'd recommend him highly to anyone who is considering Lasik or Lasek surgery. He will not do the operation if you are considered a risk and will let you know up front. Not everyone is a good candidate for this surgery but some doctors tend to ignore that fact. I highly recommend observing a surgery since it will let you know what to expect when your turn comes. It will help to relax you and they even give you $100 off the surgery if you observe an actual operation. This is the best surgery I have had and do regret not getting it done sooner.

flag | Submitted July 24, 2008

Excellent LASIK and refractive surgeon. Very thorough evaluation, very complete explainations of all options, very straight forward in terms of what are reasonable expectations of results of surgery. He does the pre-op, the surgery, and the post-op care. Great bedside manner, instills confidence. Extensive military background(former Green Beret) with thousands of operations on Army Green Berets/Rangers/Aviators/ and Airborne Soldiers. If you want experience, top-notch care before and after, and reasonable cost, see Dr. Hubickey at Huntsville Center for Sight. I'm 52 years old, love my distance vision. Just wish I had this done when I was 20 so I would have had 25 years with absolutely no glasses. I'm using dollar reading glasses for stuff up close. Thanks.

flag | Submitted March 14, 2008

Specializes in LASIK/LASEK and other eye surgeries; extensive experience. Performed LASEK surgery on me, and I'm happy with the results. Thorough in explaining procedure, expected results and possible complications/downside of surgery. Very nice and professional and does not mind answering questions.

flag | Submitted October 4, 2006

Dr. Walter J. Hubickey's Credentials

• Philadelphia College Of Osteopathic Medicine (Grad. 1983)

Sask Health