Ratings for Dr. Jay S. Wallshein

Few weeks ago I was seen at the office. Excellent front desk staff that was patient and helpful. Dr Wallshein was top notch with myself and my mother. I was seen at another office in Wellington that is basically clueless to what I had. They diagnosed me as a glaucoma suspect...then I went to Dr Wallshein that said yes its possible about glaucoma but that's not the only thing that causes the eye to look like this.. He did a battery of tests and it seems I don't have glaucoma at all...not even a bit. The problem was actually much more serious and had I not gone for a second opinion I could have died. He explained to me that we need to go see a few specialists and I did. He called me a few times during the process to check up and see how I was doing. Since then I took my mother to see him who had cataracts in both eyes. One was removed and it came out great. My mother can see great driving so now she takes me everywhere. I have a long course before I'm better and that is if I'm better. That said at least I'm alive and I will continue to see. A friend of mine has seen Dr W as well. She went to a doctor in Palm Beach Gardens that said she had a high probability of glaucoma and that it was familial. So Dr Wallshein examined her and said that yes, glaucoma is familial but so are a lot of other things like nutritional deficiencies and toxic causes. Here we go again...so Dr Wallshein tested for the other things and he finds that everyone had a genetic disorder causing malabsorption and that was the cause of the problem. Everyone we know and its a lot now loves him and he's doing great for all of us.

flag | Submitted July 10, 2017

Fantastic experience from beginning to end. Great front office communication. Excellent work up. Dr Wallshein and Reich are the best. I have complete confidence in them caring for my dry eyes and glaucoma.

flag | Submitted May 27, 2017

After several years , with several doctors I finally discovered Dr Wallshein. He treated my keratoconus condition immediately and I finally had excellent vision with a contact lense that no other doctor ever recommended. He and his staff are wonderful and I cannot give them enough stars for all their help !!!!

flag | Submitted May 27, 2017

I went to Dr. Wallshein after seeking several other opinions for a faint amount of vision loss. First evaluation was at a local ophthalmologist then a teaching institution and then another local physician. Finally, I went to see Dr Wallshein. My vision was 20/20. My color exam was normal. Basically everything else was normal too except Dr Wallshein noticed a small amount of paleness to my optic nerves. He sent me for blood tests and an MRI. The blood was mildly abnormal, but the MRI showed a brain tumor on my optic nerves. I was shocked, but Dr Wallshein called his best neurosurgeon and I had the tumor removed. My vision is coming back. I'm so pleased with my care that I wanted to write about it.

flag | Submitted March 17, 2017

Everyone treated me the best here and I've been coming for years. It's truly an amazing place besides getting the best care from Dr Wallshein

flag | Submitted February 14, 2017

My eyes aren't dry and teary anymore which they were for years. I went to several local physicians and they just gave me artificial tears...What a joke compared to the care I had with Dr Wallshein. He fixed the problems. Says it all right there.

flag | Submitted January 5, 2017

Very good experience at Palm Beach Eye Center and the staff and doctor.

flag | Submitted January 2, 2017

Last year my husband had cataract surgery with another physician that resulted in a complication and vision loss. We were very scarred to do the second eye. Dr Wallshein took his retina specialist with him to surgery and at the end was a perfect outcome. I can not tell you how pleased we are and that a great outcome occurred.

flag | Submitted January 2, 2017

My family has always had a nice experience at Palm Beach Eye Center. Dr Wallshein is kind and caring.

flag | Submitted January 1, 2017

flag | Submitted December 30, 2016

Dr. Jay S. Wallshein's Credentials

Yes, this doctor is accepting new patients

• Boston University School Of Medicine (Grad. 1999)

Top Hospitals in Atlantis, FL