Ratings for Dr. Jay S. Wallshein

Horrible experience at this practice. It all started when making an appointment for an onset of double vision. I called the Atlantis office and spoke with a rude receptionist Lisa who informed me the doctor I was referred to by a trusted friend was booked for a day and could not see me, even as an emergency. I was then told to call over to the Delray Beach off so I could see a doctor there. When I asked if she could make the appointment, she told me she was unable to book for another office because she doesn't work there and she works in Atlantis. I called the other location and was informed that the doctors in the office were leaving early that day and they could not accommodate me and the next time Dr. Wallshein would be in the office would be Tuesday morning. Even with this sudden issue, I made an appointment and had to wait the entire weekend. I got to the office and was told by the front desk staff that I needed to pay 70 dollars for a test not covered by my insurance to treat my double vision. I declined and wanted to speak with the doctor first since I already had this desk done at another office. I was put into the room to see the doctor and he was very condescending and rude. He told me I needed to have this test or he couldn't see why I was getting the double vision. Then he told me he couldn't see me unless I paid the money. So after the unhelpful receptionist over the phone, the front desk staff in the office and the doctor, I would never ever ever consider this office again.

flag | Submitted July 19, 2016

I had problems with dry eyes and nobody could fix it. I saw 8 other physicians. Life is good now... thank you Dr W.

flag | Submitted May 5, 2016

Professional and caring doctors. Staff is always helpful. They have various locations which is very convenient. No doubt I am coming back for my eyes check up!!

flag | Submitted April 5, 2016

Amazing doctors and staff!! Always a pleasant experience. Staff is always smiling, excited and very helpful. I've seen some of the staff go out of their way to assist elderly patients. Such a caring practice!!

flag | Submitted February 26, 2016

I accompanied my mother to her appointment with this doctor and although he was very sincere and I can see why my mother speaks highly of him, but members of his staff were very innapproiate. My mother speaks little English and I translate when needed and since my sister was away, I was the driver for the visit. While waiting for the doctor in the room, one of the female technicans was explaining to another female (in Spanish) in too many details about her trip with her girlfriend to Disney. I initally took it as speaking too loud but she continued the conversation before the other women (who even made a shush sound) was called away. I have absolutely no problem with those kinds of people but this was a little too uncouth for my liking especially when speaking about sexual acts. It muddies up the office and left more than one bad image in my head.

Submitted February 23, 2016

Had surgery with Dr Wallshein and perfect outcome. They run a premium, first rate eye center

flag | Submitted December 4, 2015

I took my father for an exam at this office and had an excellent experience. The staff was incredible very professional and caring. During our whole visit I felt very confident with the care they were giving my Dad. I want to thank the staff and Doctor for helping my Dad and making us feel comfortable and welcome. This is by far one of the best eye Doctor's office I have ever been at. Thanks again!

flag | Submitted December 3, 2015

I had my cataract surgery here. Top care, great outcomes start to finish

flag | Submitted November 5, 2015

My extensive experience with this office and doctors has always been the best. I have had to wait on average 5-10 minutes but more than that is rare. Each if the doctors that I've seen including Wallshein, Beck and Victoria, have all been top notch and very interested in me. Finding a great doctor is not easy. These are the best. I saw Wallshein for dry eyes and cataracts. My eyes feel great and my surgery came out perfectly. Dr Victoria saw me for tearing and it is gone. Dr Beck saw me for an emergency. The care was the best. I will be loyal to this practice forever.

flag | Submitted November 2, 2015

The quality of care at this facility has drastically took a turn for the worst. My last three appointments have been a nightmare. The office is standing room only, the staff rushes through the patients and the doctor only spent a few minutes with me before sending me on my way. The doctor was abrupt and seemed to be in a bad mood. The staff was running all over the office. The only one who I was able to speak with was the optician Deb who was a great help. I've already made arrangements to go to another eye doctor. My daughter showed me this site and I feel compelled to review the practice. A year ago when I first came to the office I was very thrilled and happy with the service and I'm sad to report that is no longer the case. I hope the doctor is able to turn the place around.

flag | Submitted October 29, 2015

Dr. Jay S. Wallshein's Credentials

• Boston University School Of Medicine (Grad. 1999)

Top Hospitals in Atlantis, FL