Ratings for Dr. Jay S. Wallshein

I went to Dr. Wallshein after seeking several other opinions for a faint amount of vision loss. First evaluation was at a local ophthalmologist then a teaching institution and then another local physician. Finally, I went to see Dr Wallshein. My vision was 20/20. My color exam was normal. Basically everything else was normal too except Dr Wallshein noticed a small amount of paleness to my optic nerves. He sent me for blood tests and an MRI. The blood was mildly abnormal, but the MRI showed a brain tumor on my optic nerves. I was shocked, but Dr Wallshein called his best neurosurgeon and I had the tumor removed. My vision is coming back. I'm so pleased with my care that I wanted to write about it.

flag | Submitted March 17, 2017

Staff was great. Office is beautiful, but that doesn't make up for an arrogant rude doctor.

flag | Submitted March 16, 2017

Everyone treated me the best here and I've been coming for years. It's truly an amazing place besides getting the best care from Dr Wallshein

flag | Submitted February 14, 2017

My eyes aren't dry and teary anymore which they were for years. I went to several local physicians and they just gave me artificial tears...What a joke compared to the care I had with Dr Wallshein. He fixed the problems. Says it all right there.

flag | Submitted January 5, 2017

Very good experience at Palm Beach Eye Center and the staff and doctor.

flag | Submitted January 2, 2017

Last year my husband had cataract surgery with another physician that resulted in a complication and vision loss. We were very scarred to do the second eye. Dr Wallshein took his retina specialist with him to surgery and at the end was a perfect outcome. I can not tell you how pleased we are and that a great outcome occurred.

flag | Submitted January 2, 2017

My family has always had a nice experience at Palm Beach Eye Center. Dr Wallshein is kind and caring.

flag | Submitted January 1, 2017

flag | Submitted December 30, 2016

Truly one of the best experiences I ever had in a doctor's office. The office is sterile and clean. They work smoothly. The staff are kind and helpful. Dr. Wallshein is very focused on medicine. I came in with vision loss in one eye. Lost it all unfortunately. I was examined and tested, and sent for blood tests immediately. They all came back positive for Giant Cell Arteritis. I was placed on prednisone and my symptoms started to resolve. Thankfully, I was treated in time or I would have lost the vision in my other eye. Some of my vision has returned in the bad eye but its liveable.

flag | Submitted December 30, 2016

Excellent kind and caring doctor. My whole family uses him.

flag | Submitted December 29, 2016

Dr. Jay S. Wallshein's Credentials

Yes, this doctor is accepting new patients

• Boston University School Of Medicine (Grad. 1999)

Amerigroup