Ratings for Dr. Jay S. Wallshein

Everyone treated me the best here and I've been coming for years. It's truly an amazing place besides getting the best care from Dr Wallshein

flag | Submitted February 14, 2017

My eyes aren't dry and teary anymore which they were for years. I went to several local physicians and they just gave me artificial tears...What a joke compared to the care I had with Dr Wallshein. He fixed the problems. Says it all right there.

flag | Submitted January 5, 2017

Very good experience at Palm Beach Eye Center and the staff and doctor.

flag | Submitted January 2, 2017

Last year my husband had cataract surgery with another physician that resulted in a complication and vision loss. We were very scarred to do the second eye. Dr Wallshein took his retina specialist with him to surgery and at the end was a perfect outcome. I can not tell you how pleased we are and that a great outcome occurred.

flag | Submitted January 2, 2017

My family has always had a nice experience at Palm Beach Eye Center. Dr Wallshein is kind and caring.

flag | Submitted January 1, 2017

I went to Dr. Wallshein after seeking several other opinions for a faint amount of vision loss. First evaluation was at a local ophthalmologist then a teaching institution and then another local physician. Finally, I went to see Dr Wallshein. My vision was 20/20. My color exam was normal. Basically everything else was normal too except Dr Wallshein noticed a small amount of paleness to my optic nerves. He sent me for blood tests and an MRI. The blood was mildly abnormal, but the MRI showed a brain tumor on my optic nerves. I was shocked, but Dr Wallshein called his best neurosurgeon and I had the tumor removed. My vision is coming back. I'm so pleased with my care that I wanted to write about it.

flag | Submitted December 30, 2016

Truly one of the best experiences I ever had in a doctor's office. The office is sterile and clean. They work smoothly. The staff are kind and helpful. Dr. Wallshein is very focused on medicine. I came in with vision loss in one eye. Lost it all unfortunately. I was examined and tested, and sent for blood tests immediately. They all came back positive for Giant Cell Arteritis. I was placed on prednisone and my symptoms started to resolve. Thankfully, I was treated in time or I would have lost the vision in my other eye. Some of my vision has returned in the bad eye but its liveable.

flag | Submitted December 30, 2016

Excellent kind and caring doctor. My whole family uses him.

flag | Submitted December 29, 2016

Jay Wallshein is probably the best Ophthamologist that my wife and I have ever used. We moved to south Florida and we were referred to him by our internist. My wife had been diagnosed, when we lived in Pennsylvania, with early stage Glaucoma. Doctor Wallshein confirmed the diagnosis but also wanted to do some blood tests. The tests discovered low levels of Vitamin B and high levels of Mercury and Arsenic. He successfully gave my wife a plan to bring all levels back to normal. If that was not enough, a cousin of ours, who just moved to South Florida, had a medical problem and needed an ophthalmologist on an emergency basis. We referred her to Dr. Wallshein who saw her immediately even though he has a very busy office in Lake Worth. I would recommend he to all who need his services without hesitation.

flag | Submitted December 28, 2016

I developed double vision and went to Dr wallshein for a diagnosis and treatment plan. What he had told me was not what I wanted to hear and I was also required to pay for a refraction which I did not want to. He actually told me that if I did not get it done I would not be able to have an accurate diagnosis. I read someone else's review here and had to respond because had I not had it done and the motility testing of my eyes something serious would have been missed. Dr. Wallshein confirmed that I had a fourth nerve palsy, and then he told me that I had a third nerve palsy as well. I was actually pretty upset with this because my other doctor did not confirm this diagnosis. So he sent me for my CAT scan of my arteries in my brain and an aneurysm was found confirming the third nerve palsy. I remember being in the room telling the doctor that I was not going to pay for the refraction and that I honestly thought that he was just trying to get some money from me. But after the thoroughness of the testing and the confirmed diagnosis I can't tell you how stupid I feel for thinking what I did. I even gave some of the staff a hard time in the office. What a mistake and I am so happy that I am alive today to talk about this and if anyone is reading this to let doctors be doctors and do what they need to do to make you better. Don't let a small amount of money come between you and proper testing. The doctor is excellent ethical and caring. He gave me his cell phone number and has texted me at least 5 times to make sure that I was doing well and made it through my surgery. I am so happy to be alive and have a great doctor and I recommend everyone to him and basically tell them don't argue with him with anything that small cost. I was in the waiting room and I was talking to a patient of the doctors with dry eyes, that was chronic and not going away and the patients are multiple other Physicians. The doctor recommended a somewhat expensive treatment plan that was not covered by insurance and the patient's problem is now 100% resolved which was not resolved with multiple other physicians and many years. My Outlook is good and I'm very happy to be alive

flag | Submitted December 27, 2016

Dr. Jay S. Wallshein's Credentials

Yes, this doctor is accepting new patients

• Boston University School Of Medicine (Grad. 1999)

Top Hospitals in Atlantis, FL