Dr. Jay S. Wallshein

World Class Punctuality Badge
Exceptionally Helpful Badge
Highly Knowledgeable Badge

Ratings for Dr. Jay S. Wallshein

My mom was going blind and Dr Wallshein saved her vision. First of all I went to another doctor in lake worth on 10 th Avenue and I think this guy was the biggest quack. He said there was nothing wrong and put some tear drops in. Then I went to Wallshein with my mom and he said the macula was bleeding. They gave her an immediate injection in the eye and now she’s doing much better.

flag | Submitted November 18, 2017

Top notch doctor that really cares for you. My wife and I have always been treated well at his office and they're always kind

flag | Submitted November 18, 2017

Approximating six months ago I began feeling pain in my eyes and awaking during sleep. It felt as though my eyes were stuck together. Then I developed my first erosion on the eye that required all kinds of treatment. I went to 2 different doctor offices in Boynton Beach and another in Delray when this condition did not resolve. I asked my internist who is the best in the area and he said go to Dr. Wallshein, because this is where I go, my family goes and most everyone else goes when they have a problem, and he'll find a solution to it, "trust me". When someone says trust me, I get nervous. Anyways, I went to him and his staff was fantastic. The most thorough exam I had ever. Then Dr. Wallshein saw me and asked to do a few tests on the cornea. He then showed me on photos where the problem was but also said that my eyes were very dry and I had lost so much of my tear layer that my lids were acting like sand paper and rubbing off the surface of my eye when it dried out. He had recommended three treatments all of which were not covered by insurance...I was so angry that I left and didn't even pay for the extra testing. I then went to a cornea specialist in west palm beach that saw me . He was nice but didn't even have the same testing equipment that Wallshein had and his office looked like he did nothing to it in 20 years. Then I saw a doctor in Boca Raton who is supposed to be the guru in cornea, but again didn't have most of the same equipment At the end, they recommended some but not all of the treatments of Dr. Wallshein. They agreed with his diagnosis and treatment plan. In the end, I felt most comfortable with Dr. Wallshein and his kind and soft mannerisms. While I was unhappy with the costs I proceeded with his treatment plan. Within 3 weeks I was 70 percent better and in a few more months it was fully resolved. My eyes feel very nice and I have none of the symptoms I had before. I can honestly say that I know he's a good and honest doctor because my friend went to him with dry eyes and he recommended a basic treatment that was covered by insurance and basically free. He told me my case was a lot tougher and that's why he recommended what he did. I'm so happy here and have recommended other people as well.

flag | Submitted November 4, 2017

My mother had surgery with Dr Wallshein last week and another a few weeks ago. I went to Bascom Palmer prior for a second opinion. They said I will likely need a cornea transplant because of a rare condition I had. Dr Wallshein reaffirmed that I had this condition but said he will do everything in his ability to prevent it. I have vision in only one eye and my other eye is permanently blind. He brought a retina and cornea specialist to do my good eye. The cornea specialist did the laser and retina was available for unforseen complications. All went great and I am starting to see beautifully from my only eye. Dr Wallshein went through details after detail as to what would like be the course and he was spot on. The staff at his center is the best. The doctor is the best. I'm super pleased here and I can see!

flag | Submitted October 29, 2017

Long time patient of this practice and only had great experiences. Dr Wallshein always takes good care of family and is east to communicate with. We like and appreciate his work and expertise. I had pain around my eye for many years. Previously I had shingles. I saw 4 doctors in the area for it and not much was done. Dr Wallshein did some tests and found two issues. First, I had neuropathic pain which he prescribed a pill and it worked well. Secondly I had very severe dry eyes from the nerve damage. He made special drops for me which really helped. All is great now .

flag | Submitted September 30, 2017

Few weeks ago I was seen at the office. Excellent front desk staff that was patient and helpful. Dr Wallshein was top notch with myself and my mother. I was seen at another office in Wellington that is basically clueless to what I had. They diagnosed me as a glaucoma suspect...then I went to Dr Wallshein that said yes its possible about glaucoma but that's not the only thing that causes the eye to look like this.. He did a battery of tests and it seems I don't have glaucoma at all...not even a bit. The problem was actually much more serious and had I not gone for a second opinion I could have died. He explained to me that we need to go see a few specialists and I did. He called me a few times during the process to check up and see how I was doing. Since then I took my mother to see him who had cataracts in both eyes. One was removed and it came out great. My mother can see great driving so now she takes me everywhere. I have a long course before I'm better and that is if I'm better. That said at least I'm alive and I will continue to see. A friend of mine has seen Dr W as well. She went to a doctor in Palm Beach Gardens that said she had a high probability of glaucoma and that it was familial. So Dr Wallshein examined her and said that yes, glaucoma is familial but so are a lot of other things like nutritional deficiencies and toxic causes. Here we go again...so Dr Wallshein tested for the other things and he finds that everyone had a genetic disorder causing malabsorption and that was the cause of the problem. Everyone we know and its a lot now loves him and he's doing great for all of us.

flag | Submitted July 10, 2017

Fantastic experience from beginning to end. Great front office communication. Excellent work up. Dr Wallshein and Reich are the best. I have complete confidence in them caring for my dry eyes and glaucoma.

flag | Submitted May 27, 2017

After several years , with several doctors I finally discovered Dr Wallshein. He treated my keratoconus condition immediately and I finally had excellent vision with a contact lense that no other doctor ever recommended. He and his staff are wonderful and I cannot give them enough stars for all their help !!!!

flag | Submitted May 27, 2017

I went to Dr. Wallshein after seeking several other opinions for a faint amount of vision loss. First evaluation was at a local ophthalmologist then a teaching institution and then another local physician. Finally, I went to see Dr Wallshein. My vision was 20/20. My color exam was normal. Basically everything else was normal too except Dr Wallshein noticed a small amount of paleness to my optic nerves. He sent me for blood tests and an MRI. The blood was mildly abnormal, but the MRI showed a brain tumor on my optic nerves. I was shocked, but Dr Wallshein called his best neurosurgeon and I had the tumor removed. My vision is coming back. I'm so pleased with my care that I wanted to write about it.

flag | Submitted March 17, 2017

Staff was great. Office is beautiful, but that doesn't make up for an arrogant rude doctor.

flag | Submitted March 16, 2017

Dr. Jay S. Wallshein's Credentials

Yes, this doctor is accepting new patients

• Boston University School Of Medicine (Grad. 1999)

Top Hospitals in Atlantis, FL