Ratings for Dr. James M. Becker

I was referred to Dr. Becker by my local gastro(s) after emergency surgery 3 years ago. Dr. Becker's office got me in very quickly. Each time I had complications or concerns they were quick to return phone calls and set up for testing very quickly. I was always treated as though I were correct that something was wrong. He has done four of my five surgeries and I have been very pleased. His office staff have always been very helpful. I have been fortunate to find that if I arrive early for an appointment I will be brought in early if possible. I highly recommend this doctor.

flag | Submitted January 2, 2012

I have been meeting with Dr. Becker and staff for over two months and may have spoken with Dr. Becker through the whole process maybe 5 minutes tops. He tends to use his team to communicate rather than speak directly with the patient. Poor diagnostic quick to cut even after performing 5 or more test and still not have an professional opinion.

flag | Submitted January 26, 2011

I give Doctor Becker five stars. I was referred to Dr. Becker from my gastro doctor in New Jersey after an emergency illeostomy was performed. I was told by my New Jersey Doctor that Dr. Becker was the Best. He was right. I flew in from New Jersey so only Dr. Becker could perform my reversal surgeries. He performed two surgeries on me in 1990-1991 for an illeo anal pull thru(sp). In my opinion he is by far THE BEST doctor world wide for this type surgery. He truly restored my life. He made the entire experience as comfortable as one can get under the circumstances. He was very caring and personable. He even minimized the scarring on my stomach. To this day, almost 20 years later,I consider myself to be lucky to have had him as my doctor. He gave me my life back. I will forever be grateful to Doctor James Becker.

flag | Submitted May 29, 2010

Dr. Becker's staff is wonderful!!!! Dr. Becker, top in his field, answered my email within a day. We're traveling from Portland, Oregon because he has given us hope. Many thanks

flag | Submitted March 8, 2010

Highly recommended by other doctors for colon surgery. Dr. Becker is kind, listens, concerned and treat's his patients with respect and dignity. He has done 3 surgeries on me and I am grateful for the quality of care I received by him at the Boston Medical Center. Wonderful man, fantastic surgeon.

flag | Submitted February 5, 2010

A WONDERFUL surgeon - seems to not be as interested as he used to be especially on follow-up - office staff is VERY RUDE.....

flag | Submitted August 8, 2009

Dr. Becker is one of the best gastro doctors around. he has done several of my pancrease/bowel surgeries since 1992 when he was at brigham and womens hospital. I won`t let any other surgeon operate on me and have continued with him since he became chief of surgery at b.m.c. he is kind and listens and knows his field very well.I highly recommend him to anyone

flag | Submitted February 2, 2007

Dr. James M. Becker's Credentials

• Case Western Reserve Univ Sch Of Med, Cleveland Oh 44106 (Grad. 1975)

Oxford