Ratings for Dr. Roger L. Lerner

Have been his patient for 10 years. First and only doctor that wants to listen first. I come in from Utah to see him and know other patients who fly in from across the US for their regular visits. If he is running late...it is because he is taking time and care to listen and talk with his patients. In an emergency... Day or Night... He is right there immediately.

flag | Submitted December 10, 2012

I have been going to Dr Lerner for over 20 years. He is kind, compassionate, and knowlegable.

flag | Submitted March 9, 2010

Dr. Lerner was nice enough but did not help me a bit and it was a total waste of my time and money to go to him. I went to him because I'm pretty sure I'm hypothyroid and because I keep gaining weight and can't lose it, even after dieting and exercise. I gave him a list of symptoms a page long. He told me my thyroid was fine because the TSH was in range (that doesn't necessarily mean it's fine) and that if I just lose some weight, all my symptoms will go away. He didn't want to try to figure out what was causing all the symptoms, just recommended me to another doctor who's had some success with weight loss. He's very old-fashioned and not up on the lastest research. He proudly told me he thinks Dr. Atkins was an idiot and a quack (Dr. Atkins' books pretty much saved my life when I was terribly hypoglycemic years ago). He also refuses to prescribe natural thyroid and only works with synthetics. Not the doctor for me.

flag | Submitted October 15, 2009

A smart, caring doctor. The most supportive I have known in my 82 years.

flag | Submitted December 8, 2008

I have Type 1 diabetes, and Dr. Lerner was the ONLY doctor (after 8 doctors and 2 years) who could figure out the reason behind my persistent high blood sugars and dizzy spells, and while we fixed the problem we spoke daily; he called me on my cell every evening to review my numbers and tweak my dosing. When my insurance wouldn't cover overages in medications I needed he helped me out with samples, and has ALWAYS been available with the right answer. He's a kind, devoted and incredibly smart doctor. And after referring him to a friend with Type 2 she reported the same positive results! I'm lucky to have him as my doctor.

flag | Submitted February 10, 2007

Dr. Roger L. Lerner's Credentials

• Korean

• University Of Vermont College Of Medicine (Grad. 1962)

MSP/BC Med