Ratings for Dr. Sharon J. Cathcart

Dr. Cathcart is by far the most unprofessional doctor I have ever been to. There are men on the side of the road who are more professional than she is. I came to her with a problem (my period had gone on non-stop for six months) I was at my wits end and ready to snap. She barely listened, did a PAP smear and left. That's it gone. I actually went and sat in her office and she was talking about me as she went in not expecting me. I asked her how she planned on STOPPING my period and she started explaining the anatomy of the uterus to me. I would have used a cork at this point to stop it I didn't care about the anatomical features of my uterus I wanted a solution. She suggested a solution, one my general doctor had already done and sent me to Cathcart because it didn't work. Dr. Cathcart swore it would work, surprise, it didn't and I decided to change doctors. I asked for my records to be sent and her nurse Rhonda informed me that she couldn't do that because they belonged to the clinic. So I went to a new doctor who could not access my records, even threatening to report her did nothing. Her nurse then began calling me at odd hours of the day (early morning, late night) to tell me the results of tests from PAML weeks after my appointment with my other doctor. I already knew these results because I had to have PAML release them because Dr. Cathcart wouldn't cooperate. I would never recommended her to anyone. Stay away if you are not into teenage mind games. If you want a professional doctor who will treat you like an adult look elsewhere

flag | Submitted April 26, 2015

Great at slicing and dicing, a surgeon of surgeons. Will attempt to cut you if possible. Bad bedside manner, assumptions and biases that come through in conversation, arrogance of the worst kind. She is trying to prove something to someone, and will gloat after the surgery about her success, rather then discuss that she almost lost your loved one during a surgery that she may have been able to prevent through compassionate, punctual care.

flag | Submitted April 24, 2015

Only met her in the hospital, during a time of crisis. Staff was unable to make up for her rude bedside manner. If she is knowledgable, she certainly lacks the communication skills to convey that knowledge. She is very full of herself and seeks only to self promote. Care of patients and families appears to be very low on her list of priorities.

flag | Submitted April 24, 2015

You will have a very long wait here. The staff is not very friendly.

flag | Submitted February 5, 2015

Dr. Cathcart is one of the most open-minded & capable doctors I've ever met. She is smart, up-to-date, & very capable as well as respectful. She is incredibly busy & sometimes hard to get to see. I have appreciated her care.

flag | Submitted December 11, 2014

She was blunt and not so friendly. When she did the exam she was quick and rough. She was so busy I had to wait while attending to other situations which is fine that things come up but would think you would get a few minutes of one on one without interruptions. Don't know that I will go back. Usually have to wait in this office for awhile too before going back.

flag | Submitted November 15, 2014

I have had Dr. Cathcart for 11 years and must say she is amazing!! She listens and is always willing to let me ask any questions that I may have. She has a great sense of humor and is very caring for her patients!! She treats them like they are her own family. I would recommend her to anyone who has any special problems/complications. She is incredibly knowledgeable and wont steer you wrong.

flag | Submitted July 23, 2012

I have had a few experiences with Dr Cathcart. Both times I have not been impressed with her. Her bedside manner is rough and rude. I was in the ER one day when I was about 3 months pregnant and she was not only rude to me but my family that was there supporting me. She never gave me an answer about what was wrong and got angry at me for asking questions and explaining my medical history. She told me the I was not the Dr and that she was the one with the medical experience. She did an exam on me and I have not had anything hurt so bad and have someone not even care. I was so unlucky as to have her as the dr on call when I went into labor with my daughter and the only time I have EVER been lucky in dealing with her is that someone else needed a C-Section ASAP and someone else delivered me. I hope I never have to see or deal with Dr. Cathcart again.

Submitted January 1, 2012

The worst people ever, if you want your kid to come last then by all mean pick her.

flag | Submitted August 12, 2010

I have had a few experiences with Dr. Cathcart as an independent birth professional. I have found her to be a very nice person. I would recommend her to anyone seeking a hospital birth who understands that limitations of OB care, if the Fine of Brasch were unavailable. For those who are looking for an experience in which constant attention can be paid to the mother, I would recommend using a doula for a planned hospital birth. It may also be helpful to consult with a midwife for care out of hospital, or prenatal care with a midwife and the birth with Dr. Fine or Brasch at the hospital (midwives usually attend as doulas in this situation.) Good resources are available at www.bloomspokane.com

flag | Submitted August 12, 2010

Dr. Sharon J. Cathcart's Credentials

• Chicago College Of Medicine And Surgery (Grad. 1984)