Ratings for Dr. Jacob Katzow

In tribute to the Late Great Dr. Katzow. My mother was a patient 46 years ago. He was the first out of two Psychiatrists to accurately diagnose my beloved mother's multiple illnesses and to accurately prescibe the right combination and dosages of medications. Dr. Katzow, Incorporated and welcomed for the patient and concerned family members to participate in the wellness of the patient and encourage the patients and the family members to ask questions and provide a description of the patients' interactions. Dr. Katzow facilitated an environment of understanding, serenity, and acceptance for the patients and the families. When Dr. Katzow was Chief of the In-Patient Psychiatric Program at GWU Hospital, my mother was in the kitchen in the unit baking cookies and a family member of another patient brought in a bushel of crabs to share with everyone. Dr. Katzow held a community forum among the patients and staff in which the patients were allowed to present there concerns in a constructive manner. Dr. Katzow made a positive impact on his patients and family members.

flag | Submitted June 23, 2015

This doctor falsified my medical records said I had an upper respiratory infection was nervous and had a personality disorder. I was in tremendous pain from head to toe and being compressed. The x-rays revealed I had a broken back spondylolisthesis, spondyloysis, and eburnation of s1. Do not trust this doctor for anything. If you have been a patient for years maybe you need real help.

flag | Submitted March 23, 2013

flag | Submitted January 7, 2013

flag | Submitted September 26, 2012

This doctor made an incorrect diagnosis, put me on so much medication that I could barely move, my hands and fingers trembled and I became obese. Upon returning to work; the medication adversely effected my thinking, hand/eye coordination and personality.Do not let social workers and psychiatrists tell you that these medications are not addictive. Look up the withdrawal effects and "discontinuation" effects these drugs and make up your own mind. Start exercising, eating well and join some free support groups or social groups through meet up dot com. Be interdependent, not co dependent. The solutions are within you. There is a peer recovery movement. Join others to give and receive support. Do not throw away your money on and let the wool ber pulled over your eyes by these sheisters known as doctors.

flag | Submitted June 29, 2011

I've been a patient of Dr. Katzow's for almost 20 years now (Egad!) and I think he is wonderful, regardless of whether you want pills to ease your symptoms or someone to listen. I have found that he is extremely empathetic and knowledgeable.

flag | Submitted January 25, 2011

I've been a patient for about 7 years. While there's usually a wait I find him supportive, knowledgeable and effective.

flag | Submitted April 20, 2009

Katzow specializing in mood disorders. Some call him a "psychopharmacologist" because he specializes in medication, to the exclusion of therapy. (Most psychiatrists do both.) Katzow was exactly what I wanted, so I was happy. However, in retrospect I realize that he needs to see a slightly wider picture. For example, if you're having a problem with your boss, it may not be related to your mania, but rather to your relationship with your Dad. But Katzow medicates everything. He won't know much, if anything, about your relationship with your parents. And he won't ask. So Katzow may be your dream come true, especially if you don't want to be psychoanalyzed. Or maybe not.

flag | Submitted October 3, 2006

Dr. Jacob Katzow's Credentials

• Stanford Univ Sch Of Med, Stanford Ca 94305 (Grad. 1960)