Ratings for Dr. Martha M. Foster

My husband had a horrible experience with her. He has psoriasis and discussed it with her, but she put him on a medication that is contraindicated for patients with psoriasis. The medication made it incredibly worse, to the point that he had no clear skin left and lost much of his hair. She was not helpful at all when he told her about it, seemed to have no other ideas. To make it even worse, we later found out that his symptoms were being caused by a thyroid problem. She never even thought of or checked out, medical conditions.

flag | Submitted February 10, 2016

Well, the woman is very intelligent; her office is full of huge books she said she's read all of, and she's ancient so I assume she's been practicing forever, but apparently she's been falling asleep for yrs in sessions.. she would nod off while I was talking, often. She never yelled at me, she offered me tissue when I cried.. but I didn't go in for a diagnosis as much as I did just to get my meds, b/c this wasn't my first shrink rodeo. She upped my Zoloft dose, & my Klonopin at my suggestion, so I got what I needed from her & she encouraged me to be a stronger, more independent person. She does, however, make you pay a $10 filing fee. That sucks. However, if you want to see an office that literally looks like it is stuck in some crazy 70s sitcom & kind of self-diagnose & suggest your own meds.. go for it. She's harmless, but she's fo sho past her prime & needs to retire!!

flag | Submitted January 5, 2011

Martha was consistently 20-45 minutes late for every visit. Each session started out the same way, with her reviewing her notes and asking the same set of questions. She made it obvious that she didn't remember anything about me or my issues. She occasionally would fall asleep mid sentence. Sending you on your way with a stack of prescriptions seems to be her only concern.

flag | Submitted January 5, 2011

The first time I visited her she gave me a prescription and wrote it incorrectly, crossed it out on the same script to correct it. I took it to the pharmacy and was laughed at (they assumed I had altered the prescription) I had to go back to her office to correct it. The second visit, she changed the dosage and wrote the prescription for a dosage that does not even exist. Once I took it to the pharmacy and was laughed at agin, I had to go back to her office for her to correct it. Very frustrating.

flag | Submitted August 31, 2010

I went to see Dr. Foster for ADHD meds. My appointment was for 1, and I was asked to come 15 mins early. My husband and I were on time, but were not seen until 1:30. The Dr. became very hostile about my husband coming into the session, but eventually caved once he promised to remain quiet. In session, my husband took notes, and I noticed the doctor shooting him some rather angry looks, but I was still determined to give her the benifit of the doubt as I had had to wait a month to get in. Then, to my surprise, she chose to make an issue out of his note-taking. He stated that it didn't really matter what he was writing, at which point she ended the session, saying that she didn't like his negative attitude. We got up to leave, at which point she said that she really could've helped me, but hadn't taken 10 mins to talk to me, nor read my ADHD eval. I don't doubt her knowledge, but in my opinion she's seriously lacking in qualities necessary to a good psychiatrist.

flag | Submitted June 8, 2009

Went to this women 20 years ago she fell asleep on me. I asked her if she had a medical problems she said working late.

flag | Submitted March 11, 2009

My husband has psoriasis and she prescribed a medication that, we found out later, the PDA says will make psoriasis worse. He got so bad he became severely depressed, covered 95%, yet she still wanted him to keep taking it. Did not listen. Did not know about her own specialty's medications and how they affect other conditions.

flag | Submitted March 9, 2009

It's time for retirement. I wish I would've checked this site first!! On the 1st visit, I showed up 15 mins early and she was 30 minutes late. She told me afterward "I could've told you that you had ADHD just by watching you move around the whole time we've been talking". I was not prepared for what happened the 2nd visit. I was going to her to see if medicine could help improve efficiency at work. On the 2nd visit, she was 30 mins late and read my prev notes for 10 mins. I told her I stopped taking the Adderall after a week because I didn't like how it made me feel. She yelled at me for doing that and then proceeded to rant that I had OCD and like 2 other clinical diagnoses. She got all the facts wrong from my first visit and I had to forcefully tell her that she crossed the line. I can handle anything/anyone/anytime but she freaked me out and I had to call another psychologist just to talk about it. heaven forbid someone be suicidal and then talk to her!

flag | Submitted November 25, 2008

Dr. Foster is rude. Foster was never on time with patients. Foster has patients schduled in for appointments before she reports to the office. Which is why patients have to wait so long to see her for their appointments. Almost every visit with her she was very hateful and short with me. She would tell me one peice of advice in one session, and then the opposite advice in another session with her. When trying to correct her on some information she had reported wrong in her notes about me, she started yelling at me. I got very upset and started crying, Foster started yelling more and stated crying was "inappropriate" in her office. She was very judgemental and extremely hurtful with her words. She kept insisting that I was trying to start an argument with her when I was telling her how harshly I felt she was treating me, and how wrong her notes were. If you are thinking about seeing this doctor I would definitely tell you to seek another doctor. This was my last visit her!

flag | Submitted March 21, 2008

Even though I arrived early for appointments, I would wait 30 minutes for her to get into the office and then Dr. Foster would take about 10 minutes to review my records during the session. I once needed to ask a dosage question after hours and she was yelling at me over the telephone. Even though I felt that she was knowledgeable of the best treatments for my symptoms at that time, once they had been resolved I was eager to terminate the visits.

flag | Submitted November 16, 2007

Dr. Martha M. Foster's Credentials

• Tulane Univ Sch Of Med, New Orleans La 70112 (Grad. 1960)

Oxford