Ratings for Dr. Elias A. Karkalas

Dr Karkalas has lost everything. Including his patients.

flag | Submitted April 24, 2015

He is actually out on bail and is no longer a Dr.

flag | Submitted April 14, 2015

My family visiting Dr.Karkalas practice for 7 years. His diagnosis is excellent and tries to treat root cause, which not many doctors do. Also he spends quite a bit if time (many times more than 15 mins) with every patient, so he is late. But wait time was never unreasonable. His office staff is nice to people.

flag | Submitted May 24, 2014

After having been a patient for about 15 years, I reluctantly called it quits. He is a good diagnostician and a very capable doctor but apparently he needs to be the office manager too and at that, he stinks. Everything has to go through him and as a result nothing gets done in a timely manner, if at all. Getting refills is a nightmare. Equally so getting a return call. I had to sneak my records out and, a year later, have been told my final visits still haven't been transcribed. His first appointment is at 10 but he doesn't get there almost 11. If you question him about it he says there was an emergency. His staff say otherwise. Ultimately, however satisfied I'd been with his services, he became very unreliable and he wasn't worth all the attendant aggravation that goes with being his patient.

flag | Submitted August 8, 2013

i am very satisfied i was treated very good doctor and staff were wonderful

flag | Submitted December 4, 2012

flag | Submitted August 31, 2012

Took four weeks for doctor Karkalas to get back to me my blood work results. Does not care about the time of his patients. Never returns calls even after 4 weeks of constant follow-up calls.

flag | Submitted June 26, 2012

I have been with Dr Karkalas for 10 yrs plus. He is very smart and can usually help me.I must say the long waits and trouble getting refills has made me think about going elsewhere at times.You have to get to know him as he means well. His dry sense of humor takes awhile to get usea to.

flag | Submitted March 3, 2011

The Office Manager is rude and should not be in health services! Office staff in general is barely competent.

Submitted November 20, 2010

His staff is fine...but he is awful. The shortest amount of time I spent waiting for him is 30 mintues. His record for keeping me waiting is 2 hours and 5 minutes. Getting referrals to specialists is a nightmare and he told me that ALL specialists are "clueless" and that they don't know anything about insurance. He also said that everything has to go through him because I have an HMO. He is rude and VERY harsh. A light in the office was sort of flickering and I said in a joking manner, "Is that light flickering, or am I having a stroke?" He looked at me deadpan and said, "You are having a stroke." Then he slithered to the back of the office. I was shocked. My mother died of a hemorrhagic stroke, you insensitive jerk!!! Also, my appointment was canceled with only one hour's notice and I already was in King of Prussia. I went to the office and wanted to know what was going on. The coward flat-out REFUSED to come out and address me. Man up, Karkalas.

flag | Submitted September 23, 2010

Dr. Elias A. Karkalas's Credentials

• Temple Univ Sch Of Med, Philadelphia Pa 19140 (Grad. 1980)

Amerigroup