Ratings for Dr. Jeffrey S. Carlin

so disgusting that I can easily agree with all the neg comments here. pathetic state of medicine - also he loves to sign you up to be a lab rat for '$tudies"

flag | Submitted June 21, 2018

First time I went, he got me the diagnosis that I had come up with on my own, which was very validating. Second? He told me to get bariatric surgery. Never going back.

flag | Submitted September 13, 2016

This frightful man is fascinated with himself. Like any cruel freak, he is enjoys his own reflection, and incorporates his patient into his own performance, and a performance is what your appointment will be. He does not look at your when you recite your narrative, because he enjoys the insecurity you will experience when none of your symptoms or history is acknowledged in any way when you relate it. Moreover he will break in with completely off point comments and questions in the middle of what you are saying, to make you feel that you are irrelevant to your problems and your health. During your physical examination he will make you feel awkward and infantile performing tests that you have accomplished easily for other physicians many times before. In diagnosing your condition he will compare you to a famous circus freak to make certain you understand. He will not be you goodbye or part with you formally, so that you have to opportunity to ask questions, express displeasure, or freakishly, appreciation, he simply disappears, leaving you in your socks and gown. This man is a nasty piece of work. He may be a talented diagnostician, I will never know, I am not going back for more of his weird masturabatorium.

flag | Submitted April 13, 2015

I have never felt as uncomfortable in an examination as I did with this man. My husband was even in the room with me. His eyes were closed for the first 10 minutes. As he shuddered around. He made me feel as if I was making up my symptoms. I deal with the pain every single day of my life! I had to fly in for the appointment and feel as if I have taken 5 steps backwards with the issues I. This guy is an arrogant prick that is inappropriate and unprofessional. I don't even want to think about what would have happened if my husband was not with. Don't go to this guy!

flag | Submitted September 11, 2014

It's been years since I saw this doctor but still flinch when thinking about how uncomfortable he made me feel with exams. Yes make sure someone else is in the room with you!!!!!

flag | Submitted March 10, 2014

Have problem.....no real answers. Now what? Felt that I was left hanging...Going to get a second opinion

flag | Submitted August 4, 2012

Dr. Was VERY rude, he acted like i was stupid and my symptoms were all do to something i have had all my life and if thats the case why do i hurt now and only after taking a certain medication!?

flag | Submitted April 12, 2012

I agree with the previous opinion that Dr. Carlin is great! I changed rheumatologist because the one I had been seeing really had no clue what was going on with me. Dr. Carlin is a no nonsense doctor, gets right to the facts, very observant and attentive to any questions I have. Would highly recommend Dr. Carlin and very glad I found him

flag | Submitted February 20, 2012

When he gave me a physical exam he made me feel very uncomfortable. His behavior was very inappropriate. I will never go back. He did tests and never sent the results. Then when asked about it, all I got was a page of numbers with no explanations. Terrible doctor!

flag | Submitted February 16, 2010

I was surprised to read the comment on Dr. Carlin, as I have been going to him since 2001 and have always found him concerned and thorough. He is also a listener and has shown me total respect every time I see him.

flag | Submitted October 16, 2009

Dr. Jeffrey S. Carlin's Credentials

• New York University School Of Medicine (Grad. 1975)