Ratings for Dr. Lifeng Chen

This woman should be held accountable for locking up lots of people unnecessarily at the PA Hospital over the years. She acts as the psychiatrist in the emergency department, hardly ever letting people have their freedom. She routinely violates the laws that are supposed to protect against misguided psychiatric confinement. She has poor English skills and cannot communicate with the people she misdiagnoses as "mentally ill"..

flag | Submitted March 12, 2018

I would have to second the initial poster who was a patient of Dr Lifeng Chen. I also found Dr Lifeng Chen to be grossly incompetent. I was 28 at the time in 2006 and Dr Lifeng Chen misdiagnosed me as having a "psychotic disorder" when in actual fact I had misdiagnosed Aspergers Syndrome. I found her to be very bossy, patronising and downright rude. And if the other poster on here claims that she told you to clean up your bed space, she has no right to belittle you and you can make a complaint to the Health Quality and Complaints Commission if you so wish. People in that position are placed in a position of trust and she is obliged to treat others with respect.

flag | Submitted November 19, 2013

She is simply the WORST psychiatrist imaginable. She totally lacks empathy and is quite bossy. When I was an inpatient she came to my bedside and the most important issue for her was that she wanted me to tidy my bedspace. And I was a private patient in Toowong Private (she is also at the PA - oh, those poor public patients who have no choice!) Her lack of understanding and warmth makes the depressed patient feel even worse and more misunderstood. After one admission with her as my doctor I would never, ever go back. I do believe there are cultural issues here - she is from a Chinese background and her accent is so strong I often could literally not understand her. She has no grasp of why Australians seek out psychiatric help and wha they are wanting when they see a psychiatrist!

flag | Submitted September 15, 2013