Ratings for Dr. Joe Sharkus

I felt that the doctor, Joe Sharkus, did not explain very much to me. He spoke in esoteric terms and left the room immediately after procedures asking the assistant to explain procedures and process. Worst yet, I was originally quoted at 600 dollars which seemed right considering my insurance but after the procedure, mouth numb, they handed me a bill for 1100 dollars. They had little explanation for why the bill changed so drastically. Later I found out through my insurance company that they originally quoted me for one kind of filling my insurance took but then filled my mouth with a different kind my insurance did not take. It all was perfectly legal and in the tiny fine print but I think completely unethical. I can't afford those kinds of bills so I have had to go through a 3rd party payment plan to pay it off. I would not recommend him or that office.

flag | Submitted May 15, 2014