Ratings for Dr. Lucas Pugh

Dr. Pugh is a top notch hip surgeon. He has seen and done every type of hip replacement and has picked the best way. You can have surgery with him with complete confidence.

flag | Submitted November 8, 2019

I suffered a very complex elbow fracture in 2017. I thank my lucky stars that Dr. Pugh was on call and tasked with peicing me back together. He said it was like a jigsaw puzzle, well he obviously he did a splendid job. He said it would never be the same but I feel fully recovered. Pleasant young chap and well.

flag | Submitted October 21, 2019

Dr. Pugh performed my total knee replacement surgery in September 2019. The whole experience was excellent: pre-op consultations, post-operative care and follow up etc. His professionalism and kindly manner are outstanding. I whole-heartedly and unreservedly recommend Dr. Pugh.

flag | Submitted October 7, 2019

Dr. Pugh did my total knee replacement in March 2019. After 4 surgeries and athletic lifestyle my knee was all but done. I couldn't walk to get a coffee. I woke up multiple times in the night with pain. Time with my children was about managing my knee pain. Now 6 months post surgery I am going on long walks and bike rides with my children, I have qualified for the Masters (50-54) world championships in 2020 Vancouver to Whistler. I am setting personal bests around town on my bike. I am going on a 5 day hiking and mt biking trip in two weeks. Post surgery I really struggled but once I got through the first 8 weeks my recovery has been meteoric. Of course your mileage may vary. Dr Pugh and Uptown Physio were all amazing for me. I wouldn't change a single thing. Listen to the team. If they say it will be hard it will be. Dr Pugh followed up with me personally more than once. I feel privileged to have our medical system and his expertise and the help of the whole team.

flag | Submitted September 19, 2019

Dr. Pugh did my complete knee replacement in July 2019. He is one of the best surgons I have ever met and I felt extremely comfortable with him. Everyone was kind, understanding and knowledge. Would absolutely refer him.

flag | Submitted August 22, 2019

Confident, with good reason. Very easy to talk to and reassuring. I disagree with last reviewers punctuality score, I was seen early a few times.

flag | Submitted August 11, 2019

Simply the best. The Fast model will offer you other surgeons who can get you through quicker but trust me he is well worth the wait.

flag | Submitted July 9, 2019

Dr. Pugh did my first total knee replacement in March, 2018, and my other knee in November, 2018. All the glowing reviews you read about this surgeon are true. I am a nervous patient who does not handle medical procedures well. Dr. Pugh was kind, patient, understanding and reassuring throughout the whole procedure. The results have been most satisfactory. I can finally hike some of those spectacular trails. I feel he literally gave me my life back. His navigator, Julie, and the physiotherapy team at Rebalance were very supportive as well. I am very pleased and most grateful for the whole positive experience.

flag | Submitted June 24, 2019

Dr. Pugh did my hip replacement in Feb.2019 and he is an excellent surgeon and I was very lucky to have him as my surgeon. Excellent after-surgery care!

flag | Submitted June 24, 2019

Dr. Pugh did my complete knee replacement in Feb. 2019. He is one of the best surgons I have ever met and I felt extremely comfortable with him. He will be my go to doctor if I need my other knee done.

flag | Submitted May 13, 2019