Ratings for Dr. Lucas Pugh

I just had my 2nd hip replaced by Dr. Pugh: hugely competent, knowledgeable, and very personable. I lucked out when I contracted him to work on my hips. This man is a delight! And no more arthritic pain for which I'm so grateful.

flag | Submitted July 6, 2017

Dr Pugh did my hip replacement. I am a very satisfied patient, I was nervous of the unknown . Relax follow the instructions Dr Pugh is an expert. Now I am on his waiting list for knee surgery.

flag | Submitted May 6, 2017

Dr Pugh did a TKR on my left knee last May and it has been a complete success. My knee was really a mess and a lot of work to repair but he did an excellent job! His manner is so respectful and kind and I felt at ease with him immediately. He made me feel very comfortable about having the surgery and was very knowledgeable. Dr Pugh visited me in the hospital and my family loved him. I had knee issues for along time and managed with injections, arthroscopic surgery and finally there was nothing left to do but have the replacement. I actually thought I'd have to have both done but now that my left knee is done my right knee is happy. If I had to have it done, I go with Dr Pugh in a heart beat. Wonderful surgeon and a really great human being! We are lucky to have him here in Victoria. Thank you Dr Pugh, your the best.

flag | Submitted March 27, 2017

I shattered my wrist in 2015, and waited 3 days for another doctor before I was told that I could have Dr. Pugh do the surgery the next day. I was completely happy with Dr. Pugh, who was very good, told me what to expect, and took the time to answer all my questions. My only minor issue was that I didn't realize the soft cast would come off at the first follow-up, so didn't have an appointment to get a brace. Fortunately Island Orthotics was able to fit me in that day. It would help to be told of this in advance, to ensure I had an appointment made ahead of time.

flag | Submitted January 5, 2017

Excellent bedside manner, answers questions fully and respectfully, surgery and first six weeks of recovery have been surprisingly easy. A very talented young surgeon with a great future.

flag | Submitted November 15, 2016

The best of the best, did both hips with amazing results.

flag | Submitted October 14, 2016

Very knowledgeable and talented, a true master of his craft. My roommate at the hospital also had his hip replaced by Dr. Pugh and we see each other at the clinic visits, we both did great! I feel very fortunate to have been under Dr. Pugh's care.

flag | Submitted October 13, 2016

Dr Pugh did my meniscus on April 22...He said it might not be 100 percent...but it was. I've heard stories where people just didn't get better or they got worse. He did an amazing job, my knee feels great. Was supposed to go for a follow up, but got sick for a couple of weeks. After I got better , I did not need to go back, my knee felt great!!!

flag | Submitted July 26, 2016

Dr. Pugh is the best there is. Did a complex failed hip joint revision on me. Took over four hours. Decreased pain immediately after surgery. Amazing. Checked on me virtually every day for the 2 weeks + I was in hospital. Staff at Rebalance MD clinic also exceptional.

flag | Submitted June 15, 2016

Dr. Pugh did my hip replacement in Feb.2016!! 2 days in the hospital and no pain after!! driving by 6 weeks. Rehab says it all starts with a good surgeon & I highly recommend Dr. Pugh! He is efficient, considerate, personable and extremely knowledgeable! I was dreading the surgery after all I had heard & seen, but Dr. Pugh waylaid my fears and I went to surgery stress free! Imagine-standing day after surgery and no pain!!

flag | Submitted June 2, 2016