Ratings for Dr. Ross Geddes

Dr ross was the most professional dr I have ever met...going in for uterin pain ...telling the dr that i am not having intercourse...while my husband is in the room...he jokes that it was because I was 45 and he could hope for Christmas....he also told me to stop taking my antibiotics when after the urine test was positive ..he said he would put a request in for a urologist but note that it wasnt urgent....all without doing an exam...he should not have a medical license

flag | Submitted September 16, 2018

I was admitted LGH last night for risk of suicide and met with this doctor. He has terrible bedside manner. I attempted suicide in May at was at LGH and quit drinking as a result and have been working on getting better but still have severe depression. He said keep the plug in the jug and my depression will go away and sent me home. As a extremely depressed person with a suicide plan I felt rejected and belittled. Thankfully I have a supportive husband and sponsor and will have to advocate for my mental health somewhere else.

flag | Submitted September 15, 2018

I unfortunately landed by EMS for serious issues at LGH ER. We so need another hospital on the north shore. I was put on a stretcher as no acute beds. I was seen by ER doc Dr. Geddes he asked me why I was there and what was my problem. When I started to tell him cardiac problems he interrupted me and said did I eat something today.. He never did any physical exam. just ordered a blood test I said I do not have any reflux issues. He then interrupted me again when I was telling him the EMS report.. He saw that and said we will take this seriously and call in a specialist. A specialist was never requested and I was moved to wait out blood tests. He saw me when the results were ready at this point my monitor had been going off due to abnormal rhythm as well as low sats.. My BP was very high which he implied it was only because I was at the hospital and nothing else. He discharged me with extremely high bp as well as cardiac issues. He gave me some morphine to take and follow up with GP. I have history of cardiac issues. I would not recommend this doctor as very condescending, doesn't listen, no bed side manner and probably would be detrimental to a persons health. Run away if you have to see him and go somewhere else your life may depend on it.

flag | Submitted August 20, 2017

My wife and I saw Dr Geddes tonight at Lions Gates in North Vancouver due to a possible pregnancy complication. Long story short, he was absolutely great! We were both very impressed as he pulled out every stop and solution available to investigate our issue. Very professional!

flag | Submitted July 18, 2017

Saw this Dr.Geddes at Lions gate hospital tonight....after 45 mins of tearful, screaming into 2 pillows with painful thigh cramps in my left leg then it went in to my right leg at home tonight wishing I was put out of my misery and not wanting to go through this again over the week end went to LGH looking for some help or advise. Dr. Geddes approach in my opinion was absolutely unacceptable......asked if I had been seen yet, I replied no, then he says oh the other guy saw you, no he didn't I have not seen a doctor yet. then he says , so what's your problem? I started to explain to him about my experience with my thigh cramps tonight, he interrupts me and says "oh ya I had one of those this week as well" I went on to tell him I have had these before he again interrupts me and says oh well if you have had this for the last 18 months or so I'm not going to be able to diagnose you. I again try to explain to him that this has been going on for approx. 6 months on and off. HIs reply was oh well there really isn't anything I can do for you other then maybe give you some hydro morphine. I replied with no I'm not taking morphine I need something to help me not to every have to go through this intense pain ever again.....well there is nothing I can do for you! He may not be able to give me something to stop the cramps in my thighs..........my complaint about this doctor is the way he spoke to me and treated me was absolutely rude and disrespectful! When he asked who my family doctor was and I replied with his name and said the best doctor on the North Shore, his reply was oh he sure is and maybe he will have a remedy for you! Needless to say that Dr. Geddes was of no help at all!!! he is nothing more then a rude, abrupt, disrespectful and uncaring family doctor that I have ever seen......and I haven't seen many in my 57 years!!! I would not recommend this doctor at all for any health concern you may have.

flag | Submitted July 17, 2016