Dr. Ike Ahmed

World Class Punctuality Badge
Exceptionally Helpful Badge
Highly Knowledgeable Badge

Ratings for Dr. Ike Ahmed

Dr. Ahmed performed my IOL surgery on October 12, 2017 on my left eye and my right eye is planned to be done 10 weeks later. Words cannot describe my happiness and satisfaction I received from Dr. Ahmed and his team. I am actually thankful that I live in the same province that he lives. I had my cataracts removed at the age of 6 months old and since then, I was left with Ahakia, having to wear thick glasses. I consulted at least 8 top-notch ophthalmologists and eventually, chose Dr. Ahmed and that was the best decision I made. Now I have reached exactly what I wanted for my left eye and am sure that he will do the same for my right eye, which means that I will no longer be wearing any glasses any more! I just don't know how to thank Dr. Ahmed.

flag | Submitted October 15, 2017

I'm Doctor Ike Patient for the last 10 years and don't know any other Ophthalmologist that's as good as he is. I'm proud to know him and to have seen him when we was a young kid. He was the brightest at that time too.

flag | Submitted October 13, 2017

I am an eye surgeon and refer many of my patients to Dr. Ahmed. I chose Dr Ahmed to do my cataract surgery. I feel fortunate I chose the very best, and am thrilled with my vision. Thanks Ike!!

flag | Submitted September 28, 2017

I was referred by my ophthalmologist in New Brunswick to Dr. Ahmed for assessment and a a possible course of treatment. I have been diagnosed with glaucoma and had an Ahmed shunt implanted in June 2016 in Nova Scotia. However, the problem was complicated by the resistance of high pressure and a cataract. Dr. Ahmed suggested a cataract and MIGS procedure and communicated effectively with my ophthalmologist. His office coordinated an assessment and a surgery date as I was traveling from out of province. I saw Dr Ahmed who provided along with his team a very thorough examination. He explained the procedure that will be performed, side effects, and expectation after surgery. He has done an excellent job at the surgery and made me comfortable before, during, and after the procedure. His associates did a wonderful job during my follow up appointments and they ensured that everything is fine before my return to New Brunsick. I am recovering very well according to my doctor here. I also appreciate the help I received from his staff in making arrangements and for their excellent communication skills. I highly recommend Dr. Ahmed as an outstanding ophthamologist and a confident surgeon. Thanks again to him, his associates, and his staff.

flag | Submitted July 4, 2017

Ike Ahmed and his team are the best, inspiring confidence at every step. When I met Dr. Ahmed, I had all but lost hope of saving enough of my vision to continue working and driving. With kindness and patience, he explained my situation clearly to me as well as my options. Pre and post-op, his office has been very responsive, squeezing me in as needed when urgent. and always on time for my frequent appointments. Eight months later, with 2 innfocus surgeries behind me, I am back to work and driving. Off all eye medication for the first time in 12 years, and feeling great! Huge thanks to Dr. Ahmed and his team.

flag | Submitted June 12, 2017

Excellent experience. Very helpful Doctor. Was great at explaining my medical condition. Would recommend highly.

flag | Submitted June 2, 2017

I wanted to write first to thank Dr. Ahmed for the surgery he did on my left eye, and second to let you know my progress since the surgery nearly 9 weeks ago. Given an amblyopic right eye plus the unique size and shape of my eyes, the cataract surgery on my left eye posed a significant risk. Dr. Tingey, my doctor, had the faith in your skills/gift that he referred me to Dr. Ahmed. Following the surgery his assistant told me privately that Dr. Ahmed makes complex surgery look easy. For that I am most grateful. Now for the report card. Today I got my new glasses. My optometrist tested me, and I have better than 20/25 vision in my left eye. So I can drive without glasses. My prescription before surgery was +13.5 (Coke bottle thick). It is now +0.75. My new glasses correct for a stigmatism and give some power to enhance reading. I am into very thin progressive lenses. This is the first time in 71 years that I have been able to wear normal eyeglasses, and see well enough to drive without them. I am beyond pleased. Thank you Dr. Ike Ahmed!

flag | Submitted May 23, 2017

So incredible and polite. He is kind to medical students and residents who work with him, and treats everyone - his patients, staff, and his team equally well.

flag | Submitted May 18, 2017

One of the best doctors in this field. Was lucky to have Dr. Ahmed and his team look after me and perform my innfocus microsurgery. If I had seen another doctor would have probably had an outdated operation performed and be left with physically unpleasing results. His team always made time to fit me urgently every time I noticed a pressure spike. Overall, excellent doctor!

flag | Submitted May 10, 2017

Just recently I had a pleasure of meeting Dr. Ahmed and his team. I'm taken by his professionalism and personality. His attentive care and complete focus not only on a problem but on the patient as well is unusual and so refreshing in comparison to the practices of other doctors and medical facilities. I hope to be lucky again and have Dr. Ahmed treating my eyes if I ever need help.

flag | Submitted April 27, 2017

Dr. Ike Ahmed's Credentials

Yes, this doctor is accepting new patients

Workers Comp