Ratings for Dr. Ike Ahmed

Though I did not see Dr Ahmed (his team referred me to a retina specialist for further treatment) I must comment on the efficient, friendly & effective support team he has in his practice. Drs. Lee & Kalache were quick to identify the problem and quickly made a treatment recommendation. They also contacted the specialist and arranged for a consultation the NEXT day. I am so happy to have had the opportunity to meet & have my case reviewed by them.

flag | Submitted September 21, 2016

Dr Ahmed is very knowledgeable, professional, humble and down to earth. I couldnt ask for anything better. I feel blessed. Both me and my father have been treated/operated by Dr Ahmed and we both can see better and are happy. I wish Dr a long and healthy life so that more people can benifit from his knowledge & skills and enjoy better vision, healthy eyes and better lifestyle.

flag | Submitted September 14, 2016

I have had the best of experiences with Dr Ahmed and his team. Reading the last comment here, I don't know what this person expects. Do they expect the doctor to handle all inquiries and medical questions? That's what trained staff are for. Maybe this person is expecting concierge medicine, which I'm sorry is not what socialized Canadian medicine is about. And I have found the staff to be fantastic at Prism Eye Institute who have communicated with me. I agree the phone lines are busy and I hope that can be improved. Overall Dr Ahmed and his team want to help his patients and they go above and beyond. If that isn't enough for you, that's sad.

flag | Submitted September 3, 2016

My experiences have been that during face-to-face contacts,Dr. Ahmed listens to patients and addresses questions adequately. He appears to be knowledgeable about his chosen specialty areas. However, in my opinion, the Mississauga, Ontario clinic where he works requires a complete overhaul of how patient communications are addressed. Patient appointments and revisions should always be in writing, and all communication about the patient should be copied to that patient, as well as the referring physician. Also, I do not appreciate being required to convey medical questions through any intermediaries who are not regulated healh care professionals, nor do I appreciate the excessive wait time required to get through the telephone line.

flag | Submitted August 15, 2016

I was very concerned about my eyesight and so my doctor referred me to an eye doctor. I was told my eye condition was not usual and then referred to Dr Ahmed. He quickly identified the problem and put me at ease. After surgeries in both eyes, I am seeing better than I ever have. I really do appreciate how much he cared for me.

flag | Submitted July 31, 2016

Dr. Ahmed is an extraordinarily talented surgeon and yet has no inflated ego and a great bedside manner who takes all the time needed and answers all questions you have. Dr. Ahmed specializes in challenging cases that other surgeons would never try. Indeed he seems invigorated by the difficult cases. He is a actually a prodigy having invented or pioneered several surgical procedures, remarkable given his young age.

flag | Submitted June 5, 2016

If you are squeamish about the thought of eye surgery your normal! Read his rap sheet and you will be grateful for a referral to Dr. Ahmed. If you are still not sure watch Patch Adams because that is who he reminds me of. After 7 long years of eye pressure issues, spikes to 57, blackouts, MRI's, CAT scans - the list goes on and on - I was referred to Dr. Ahmed's office and he figured it out in 1 visit. I had surgery last week and the event was nothing like what my mind convinced me it would be. He works so fast it's over before you know it. The cocktail from the Anesthesiologist certainly helped :-) His staff - amazing, his associates - amazing, ....and of course Dr. Ahmed - amazing.

flag | Submitted April 22, 2016

This doctor is an absolute genius and saved my fathers vision. Incredible bedside manner, takes his time to explain.. he is the epitome of a great doctor.

flag | Submitted January 11, 2016

Best doctor I have met. He saved my mothers eye. He is very kind and gentle and answers whatever question you have and is very friendly. Doesnt Rush you and explains everything in detail so you. An be comfortable and not worry.

flag | Submitted January 5, 2016

I had very successful surgery with Dr. Ahmed in November. His expertise is unmatched. The IOL exchange that he did for me went perfectly and I see better than I had ever hoped. He is also a very warm and caring human being.

flag | Submitted December 30, 2015

Dr. Ike Ahmed's Credentials

Yes, this doctor is accepting new patients