Ratings for Dr. Andrew Ho

Great Dogtor. So care, much wow. I go to the moon in happiness.

flag | Submitted January 15, 2018

Dr. Ho is the worst doctor I've ever seen - doesn't make eye contact and has no apparent knowledge of my file . There is follow up after tests unless I stay on top of it myself. I would absolutely not recommend seeing this doctor.

flag | Submitted January 4, 2018

Simply a horrible doctor. Dr. Ho is outrageously dismissive - and his lack of conscientiousness results in incompetent care. How can a doctor perform the most basic function if he barely looks at his patients, let alone listens? I can't help but wonder how many people might have become very sick or worse due to this doctor's intractability. He took over from a seriously progressive, caring and knowledgeable doctor who suggested a test for me to rule out a tumour. Dr. Ho refused to update the information or support the testing, instead insisting on a mammogram. His sexism was obvious- all women over 35 need mammograms, despite any conflicting research in the literature. This man is a sad example of extraordinarily superficial 'treatment' - and a lack of investment that is dangerously insufficient.

flag | Submitted December 5, 2017

I am not surprised to see the negative reviews concerning Dr. Andrew Ho's poor working ethics because my family and I feel exactly the same way about him. We have the fortune to live in lovely Vancouver and have the Medicare we need but we have the misfortune to deal with a bad G.P. like Dr. Ho. Dr. Ho is dismissive and rude. He never looks at us during a conversation. He interrupts his patient' sentences right after he asks a question, then he asks the same question again. I think it would be better if he just listens in the first place. He has no recollection of my family and my followup visits each time, and you wonder why he needs to look at his laptop monitor 90% of the time during each visit. Since he hardly ever looks at us when we are in his office, we often try very hard to engage him during the visit hoping this will help him to remember a little bit of our medical history but he clearly has no interest or patience for us, especially elderly patients. He always makes us feel that we should just leave right after 5 minutes in his office. It is awful to have him as our G.P.. We kept hoping he would improve after he grows a little older, but there is no sign of improvement and he is getting worse each time. My family and I wondered how did he manage to become a family doctor since he appears to dislike his job so much.

flag | Submitted November 30, 2017

I've seen this doctor for almost 2 years and had hope that he would improve - he hasn't! He's dismissive, doesn't seem to have read any of the reports from specialists or procedures and avoids any physical contact. He is the worst GP I have ever had the misfortune to see.

flag | Submitted October 24, 2017

This is the first time I went to Dr. Ho at the Kerisdale Medical Clinic in Vancouver. My reason was my family doctor retired. Dr. Ho spent about 15 min with me, asking for my and my family's medical history. As far as I am concerned , he is very courteous. Because I am his new patient, he wanted me to do a complete physical as well as a blood test. I do believe this is what a good doctor should do. I am completely comfortable with him.

flag | Submitted June 2, 2017

He does not take proper notes, he lacks basic communications skills and does not look at injuries or issues.

flag | Submitted November 14, 2016

I would like to thank Dr. Ho because he asked me to have a lab test to test my blood sugar and then found out that I had diabetes 2 and needs to be treated. I lost power to climb up stairs and also felt tired all the time .

flag | Submitted October 11, 2016

It was devastating to learn that Dr. Ho was permanently replacing my wonderful GP. She was amazing and dealing with Dr. Ho for the past year has been very stressful. He makes me dread doctor's appointments because of his dismissive nature and inexperience. He lacks bedside manner and social skills, but more concerning is the fact that he appears to be reading off a checklist the entire appointment, instead of actually checking symptoms. As soon as I was referred to a specialist, I felt so much better about my health. The difference of experience and knowledge makes is key and now I feel I am in much better hands. The only reason I stuck with Dr. Ho for so long is because I was holding on to the hope that my regular GP would return. As soon as I got confirmation that she isn't, I looked for a new doctor. It was a 2 month waitlist but completely worth it. Dr. Ho is not worth going to, just because he is "there."

flag | Submitted October 8, 2016

I was shocked to find out that my family physician for whom Dr. Ho was covering is not returning. She was an amazing, caring person where as he could not be more opposite. Reading other reviews I saw that others experiences mirrored my own. He is indeed dismissive, seems truly uninterested and creates a feeling of awkwardness. Dr. Ho walks in, NEVER makes any eye contact and just flips open his Mac Book and starts typing before I even speak. Each of the three - four times I have seen him he asks why I am there. I explain and he than asks questions even though I have just given him the information which confirms that he is not at all listening to a single word. Than he asks "what would you like me to do?". The first time I was just a little taken aback and than realized he was serious. Should have just googled it myself. My last and final visit was due to some test results for which he was quick to offer a prescription (without ever looking up at me). Luckily I had done my research and asked for a referal to a specialist who said my condition was best treated by diet and lifestyle changes for now. Not sure why he chose this profession as he does not seem to enjoy his profession. I will go to walk in clinics until I find a new Dr.

flag | Submitted August 6, 2016