Ratings for Dr. Andrew Ho

I've seen this doctor for almost 2 years and had hope that he would improve - he hasn't! He's dismissive, doesn't seem to have read any of the reports from specialists or procedures and avoids any physical contact. He is the worst GP I have ever had the misfortune to see.

flag | Submitted October 24, 2017

This is the first time I went to Dr. Ho at the Kerisdale Medical Clinic in Vancouver. My reason was my family doctor retired. Dr. Ho spent about 15 min with me, asking for my and my family's medical history. As far as I am concerned , he is very courteous. Because I am his new patient, he wanted me to do a complete physical as well as a blood test. I do believe this is what a good doctor should do. I am completely comfortable with him.

flag | Submitted June 2, 2017

He does not take proper notes, he lacks basic communications skills and does not look at injuries or issues.

flag | Submitted November 14, 2016

I would like to thank Dr. Ho because he asked me to have a lab test to test my blood sugar and then found out that I had diabetes 2 and needs to be treated. I lost power to climb up stairs and also felt tired all the time .

flag | Submitted October 11, 2016

It was devastating to learn that Dr. Ho was permanently replacing my wonderful GP. She was amazing and dealing with Dr. Ho for the past year has been very stressful. He makes me dread doctor's appointments because of his dismissive nature and inexperience. He lacks bedside manner and social skills, but more concerning is the fact that he appears to be reading off a checklist the entire appointment, instead of actually checking symptoms. As soon as I was referred to a specialist, I felt so much better about my health. The difference of experience and knowledge makes is key and now I feel I am in much better hands. The only reason I stuck with Dr. Ho for so long is because I was holding on to the hope that my regular GP would return. As soon as I got confirmation that she isn't, I looked for a new doctor. It was a 2 month waitlist but completely worth it. Dr. Ho is not worth going to, just because he is "there."

flag | Submitted October 8, 2016

I was shocked to find out that my family physician for whom Dr. Ho was covering is not returning. She was an amazing, caring person where as he could not be more opposite. Reading other reviews I saw that others experiences mirrored my own. He is indeed dismissive, seems truly uninterested and creates a feeling of awkwardness. Dr. Ho walks in, NEVER makes any eye contact and just flips open his Mac Book and starts typing before I even speak. Each of the three - four times I have seen him he asks why I am there. I explain and he than asks questions even though I have just given him the information which confirms that he is not at all listening to a single word. Than he asks "what would you like me to do?". The first time I was just a little taken aback and than realized he was serious. Should have just googled it myself. My last and final visit was due to some test results for which he was quick to offer a prescription (without ever looking up at me). Luckily I had done my research and asked for a referal to a specialist who said my condition was best treated by diet and lifestyle changes for now. Not sure why he chose this profession as he does not seem to enjoy his profession. I will go to walk in clinics until I find a new Dr.

flag | Submitted August 6, 2016

He spends more time looking at his laptop than at patient, doesn't read records, no social skills.

flag | Submitted July 8, 2016

He is a very dismissive, immature and rude person.

flag | Submitted March 17, 2016

First off, I was his first appointment and he was late. And finally when I did see him, he was rude and dismissive. He called me in to go over my file and test results as he was taking over for my regular family doctor. He did not review my file. Did not know I was pregnant - when every test result and ultrasound is sent to his office.

flag | Submitted March 1, 2016

I had been seeing a naturopath. Turns out I had a serious problem. Thanks to god that this real doctor was able to help

flag | Submitted October 4, 2015