Ratings for Dr. Somchai Jiaravuthisan

Kudos to these women that came forward. Thank you, from all women that could have fallen victim to him. You should be proud.

flag | Submitted November 17, 2016

This doctor has been charged with sexual inappropriate behaviour with female patients!!!! Beware!!!(My sister is one) He has a court case at 9:30 am nov 7 at 333 bay street, suite 900

flag | Submitted November 5, 2016

Just mentioning the name of this Dr. makes me ill. I had a medical incident in which my M.D. at the time felt I needed to see a neurologist. As mentioned in another comment, he was the Dr. able to schedule me quickly for an appointment. It seemed weird that a specialist had such an open schedule, but who was I to judge? Well, let me tell you ! I walked in to his office. In a hardly understandable voice he said, 'You epileptic'. He hadn't even examined me at this point! When I tried to ask him how he came to that solution, he said: 'You had brain injury, you epileptic' the two scans I had, were not definitive, so I had trouble understanding his reasoning. He wouldn't entertain any other possibility, As our appointment ended, he said, 'Go see girl up front'. Truthfully, I couldn't believe it! How dare he refer to his receptionists that way, so very disrespectful. He gave me a prescription for meds that day. In total disbelieve, I took the pills, but I got very ill. Instead of running away from this quickly, I went back another time a few months? later. Well, he must have been going to E.S.L. classes as his English seemed good this time round. My experience is that he is rude, unable to communicate properly with his explanation of your condition, reason for his diagnosis and unable to answer questions asked of him. It felt like he was reading out of a text. ( If this happens, it must be this), I will never recommend this Dr to anyone. If people have had a good experience with him, count yourself lucky!

flag | Submitted October 14, 2016

I had a great experience with Dr Somchai. He has a very thick accent and is often misunderstood but I found him to be very helpful and a good physician. He gave me a very detailed exam and helped me with my chronic neuropathy. I finally found someone who actually could explain the source of my nerve pain and give me some relief!

flag | Submitted December 16, 2015

Dr ] I left Dr. Somchai's office in tears. The most horrific experience ever. My husband had a pinch never in his neck, had a MRI done to confirm this. He was referred to Dr. Somchai by his MD who works in the building as this doctor. We were surprised as how quickly he could see us. In a matter of three days we got an appointment. I now know why, he is awful! Sadly his GP said it's the only neurologist who is available quickly, clearly it's because he's incompetent. He asked my husband to walk around the office, passed the sharp object all over his body, pushed own really hard on his stomach then turned to me and said, "time to trade him in, he is getting old" with this terrible smile on his face. I was shocked. My husband is in immense pain, with tingling and numbness on his entire left side. He drives a truck for a living with this pain because he must provide for our family, and this is what he says to me. How dare he! I am disgusted by him. I had to give him a copy of the MRI I had with me and requested he look at it. We were brushed off. To make us feel better he gave us a requisition for a facial scan and referred us to a Dr. Vera Bril who after researching sounds just like he, read it for yourself. I believe in karma, I can only hope he gets what he deserves. He should not be practicing. I am held accountable for doing a poor job, why is it he's not. Sad that he can continue to do this to others.

flag | Submitted November 27, 2015

(As politely as I can manage) This doctor is incompetent. He was incredibly rude and unprofessional. I had to correct nearly every answer to every question. (I would answer and he'd write down the opposite, or substantively different, answer.) I waited in the reception area, then an additional 30 minutes in his filthy office. He performed an unscientific test, then blamed my (troubling) symptoms on my imagination. He finished the appointment by telling me to just live with my undiagnosed symptoms (which have significantly affected my life). It's clear to any reasonable person that Dr. Somchai Jiaravuthisan is no longer fit to practice, based on my experience.

flag | Submitted November 13, 2013