Ratings for Dr. Colin Hong

I have read a LOT of the reviews and I have to say that in my experience, Dr. Hong was wonderful. I am a female that was going for a hair transplant and I was terrified. He was kind and patient before the surgery and told me not to feel pressured into doing it...that in his opinion, I didn't even necessarily need it. But when I told him, that the thinning hair was my first thought upon waking up every morning, he told me that he understood and we discussed a few of my concerns and then he left the room to give me time to make my decision. I did NOT feel rushed at all and I DID decide to do it. He was very kind during and after his part of the surgery....coming up to check on me twice while the transplanting was being done. And the team that did the transplanting were also wonderful. Despite the very unpleasant situation, things went as easy as possible because of the caring staff. I am only 5 months in, but so far, so good. Lots of hair growing in in the front and some on top. Which is kind of fast compared to the 8 to 12 month expectation I had from all my internet reading. So I am hoping it just keeps getting even thicker! I have already stopped using my hair fibers most days.

flag | Submitted May 9, 2017

Very professional, helpful and caring doctor. When I was diagnosed with melanoma, my dermatologist called him and asked him to see me. I was very thankful that he agreed to see me that very afternoon. He answered all my questions and ensured I understood. He was very patient and I never felt like I was asking too many questions nor did I get the impression that he thought my questions were dumb. I really appreciated how well he treated me. He then booked me for surgery a couple days later and skillfully removed the tumor. I am very thankful to have Dr. Hong as part of my health care team.

flag | Submitted March 14, 2017

I was referred to Dr Hong by my family doctor in september 2016 for a very severe injury caused by mulitlple dogs bites, I had a huge lump on my upper right leg that wrapped all around. Before seeing Dr Hong I saw another plastic surgeon at Centenary hospital that performed manual lipo suction and made my leg worse. It got more swollen and infected and the pain was unbearable that prevented me from sitting and even working . At my first visit with Hong he was very honest and direct with me and said lipo suction wouldnt work at that point and that I needed treatment with a special ultrasound and massage which I agreed to. I received treatment for four months and today my leg is almost back to normal and I have no pain and no more lump and can perform my daily duties. When I first saw Dr Hong he said he wasn't after money to perform lipo suction or surgery and I believed him. His staff especially susan who was my primary caregiver was very caring, knowledgeable, compassionate and was always punctual. Thanks to Dr Colin Hong and his amazing staff that I'm able to actually sit here today and write this review. There are many plastic surgeons out there who's just after money, Dr Hong is NOT one of them, he's very honest and I would highly recommend him without a doubt. Thank You Dr Hong!

flag | Submitted March 12, 2017

A really great doctor, straightforward and knowledgable. If you're looking for life changing though, he's probably too busy for you.

flag | Submitted January 24, 2017

Going against my better judgement I mistakenly went ahead with booking a procedure even after waiting hours for the consultation. I regret that I tried to save money and now I am embarrassed of my my body due to Colin Hongs work.

flag | Submitted January 14, 2017

I have found Dr. Hong to be a man of integrity who genuinely cares about his patients. He will tell you what is and isn't possible to achieve. His work speaks for itself. There is no doubt that you do have to wait as with any good plastic surgeon. I have found him to be caring and does in fact take the time to answer your questions. His staff is wonderful. I would have no hesitation in recommending Dr. Hong to others. Thank you Dr. Hong for all the amazing work you do.

flag | Submitted December 9, 2016

If you have any self respect you will save more money instead of taking a bargain . I am in the position of hiring a qualified surgeon to correct Colin Hongs mistakes. A qualified surgeon has a 100 percent success rate not a 60 percent. I'm rather happy that his punctuality is so awful because I hope it discourages more (victims) patience from being taken advantage of.

flag | Submitted November 8, 2016

I sought the services of Dr. Hong because a family friend had recommended him. All I can say was that the experience was terrible. First, I had a morning appointment, and Dr. Hong was late by 2 hours, no apology. Second, he treated me as just a number, spending less than 5 minutes answering my questions and when he did, it was with sarcasm and snide remarks. The experience was extremely condescending.

flag | Submitted October 24, 2016

I sought the services of Dr Hong to correct Dr. Martin Jugenburg work. There are pros and cons to each physician I will try to explain The situation with Dr Hong. The pros are he is a skilled physician, pays attention to detail, has reasonable prices, takes the time to understand the patient, listens to you, and produces great results. The down side is you will have to wait as he is often behind schedule. So the toss up is if you are looking for someone to invest the time and do a good job he is the right doctor for you but if you are looking for some one who will treat you like a number and rush because he is behind schedule I would suggest another doctor. De Hong's work is fabulous I should have sought his services out first.

flag | Submitted October 24, 2016

Dr. Hong was over an hour late for my appointment. When I asked about the procedure and if the procedure would cause discomfort he simply said that in life nothing is free. I was also concerned about scarring and stated in a previous procedure there was a scar left behind. He replied that he's not God. He lacks punctuality and professional attitude that one would expect. He lacks respect and the courtesy of answering questions from patients who are clearly worried about a procedure. Patients are not doctors and have the right to ask questions without hostility. He did not seem interested in my issues or concerns and definitely did not seemed like he cared. Also he does not give you time to decide whether you want surgery immediately or are willing to come back. He doesn't let you discuss anything alone in the room if you bring someone along. He just told us to discuss outside. A truly unprofessional and disappointing experience.

flag | Submitted October 21, 2016

Dr. Colin Hong's Credentials

Yes, this doctor is accepting new patients

Dr. Colin Hong is a well-known and well-respected plastic surgeon in Toronto. He practices plastic, cosmetic and reconstructive surgery and has an extensive experience in cosmetic surgery, micro-vascular surgery and hair transplant surgery. He has performed countless procedures in breast augmentation, hair transplantation, abdominoplasty, rhinoplasty, breast reduction and reconstruction, liposuction, etc. Dr. Hong is the current Chief of Plastic Surgery at Scarborough Centenary Hospital and the Director of the Cosmetic Surgery Centre. In the past, Dr. Hong had been the President of Ontario Society of Plastic Surgery and the Chief of Plastic Surgery at Rouge Valley Health System, including the former Vice President of Ontario Section of Plastic Surgery.

• English
  • Chinese

• University of Toronto (Grad. 1984)
  • McMaster University (Grad. 1989)
  • University of Manitoba (Grad. 1992)

• Breast augmentation
  • Blepharoplasty
  • Rhinoplasty
  • Hair loss
  • Tummy tuck
  • Liposuction
  • Face-lift
  • Gynecomastia (enlarged breasts in men)
  • Breast lift