Ratings for Dr. Colin Hong

Dr.Hong is very honest, sincere. He will never compromise quality of his work. I trust him completely.

flag | Submitted November 29, 2017

Dr. Hong is amazing at what he does and his staff is as well. Even though appointments become delayed, he is a busy man, and he will not rush is appointments which shows he is a dedicated doctor.

flag | Submitted November 5, 2017

Went to his office to get sutures removed. Wound healing was not good. He brought a forcept and used it to clean the open wound. The forcept was not in a sterile package and he did not even clean it before handling the open wound. I was wondering if any of his patients had the same concern that we may get any transmitted disease by the possible non- sterile tool he used when dealing with the wound?

Submitted October 8, 2017

THE ABSOLUTE WORST DOCTOR EVER!!! I would give him ZERO star if I could. Very rude, very rush, never give me opportunity to ask questions and address my concerns. He is not professional and not compassionate at all. Please do yourself a favor and stay away from this doctor if possible.

flag | Submitted September 11, 2017

I couldn't have asked for a better doctor for my surgery. I felt completely comfortable and at ease with no worries. I am a female who had breast reduction surgery and the outcome of this procedure is incredible. I would highly recommend Dr. Hong

flag | Submitted July 21, 2017

He never game me a change to ask all the questions I wanted. Said I had to book procedure right away due to being over booked, etc. While I was having my consultation he would answer his phone and totally disregard that I was paying for his time! The worst!!

flag | Submitted July 4, 2017

THE ABSOLUTE WORST DOCTOR EVER!!! Seriously...I read the negative reviews online but despite my better judgement, I went over to check it out. I drove an hour to get to his office and when I finally got in to see him, I asked all my questions and expressed my fears/desires and concerns about the procedure I was about to partake in. I wanted to know an approximate downtime, how does it work, what is his recommendation for my case, if there was a need for revision, will he take care of it etc. I was apprehensive about the procedure and wanted not only some information about what was about to take place, but a little bit of assurance that the procedure will go well. (Went in to inquire about blepharplasty) I kid you not, EVER question I asked was answered with a "I don't know" and "I'm hesitant to do this procedure on you, maybe you should ask a different doctor?"....what the h*ll? I don't think my questions were unreasonable as I did a bit of research and prepared my questions ahead of time. This procedure is very short compare to other surgeries and I was confused as to why he couldn't answer my questions. He also asked me to bring some pictures of the eyes that I wanted and what I didn't (so he can get an idea). I had 2 pics of the type of look I DIDN'T like and one picture was of my cousin. He agreed that her eyes were messed up (little did he know that it was HE who did the procedure on her some time ago and I wish I told him that) and when I showed the other picture (the girl had noticeably two different eyes and one was very messed up to the point where even his own staff member mentioned it.) he said he couldn't see the difference (which is bullsh*t or maybe he's blind??) and that my expectations were unreal. I've had consultations with other doctors before and I never came out of it feeling this confused, and SO unsatisfied. Despite the fact that he's been doing this for 25 years he is completely unprofessional and doesn't even know what he's talking about. I must say I have a sense of relief not going through with the procedure with him because who the h*ll knows what type of mess he'll make. everyone...read the comments carefully. Go with someone who is professional, who takes actually takes the time to listen and care for your concerns, and who can intelligently answer all your questions and make you feel at ease. this Hong character is a real jackass.

flag | Submitted June 27, 2017

I have read a LOT of the reviews and I have to say that in my experience, Dr. Hong was wonderful. I am a female that was going for a hair transplant and I was terrified. He was kind and patient before the surgery and told me not to feel pressured into doing it...that in his opinion, I didn't even necessarily need it. But when I told him, that the thinning hair was my first thought upon waking up every morning, he told me that he understood and we discussed a few of my concerns and then he left the room to give me time to make my decision. I did NOT feel rushed at all and I DID decide to do it. He was very kind during and after his part of the surgery....coming up to check on me twice while the transplanting was being done. And the team that did the transplanting were also wonderful. Despite the very unpleasant situation, things went as easy as possible because of the caring staff. I am only 5 months in, but so far, so good. Lots of hair growing in in the front and some on top. Which is kind of fast compared to the 8 to 12 month expectation I had from all my internet reading. So I am hoping it just keeps getting even thicker! I have already stopped using my hair fibers most days.

flag | Submitted May 9, 2017

Very professional, helpful and caring doctor. When I was diagnosed with melanoma, my dermatologist called him and asked him to see me. I was very thankful that he agreed to see me that very afternoon. He answered all my questions and ensured I understood. He was very patient and I never felt like I was asking too many questions nor did I get the impression that he thought my questions were dumb. I really appreciated how well he treated me. He then booked me for surgery a couple days later and skillfully removed the tumor. I am very thankful to have Dr. Hong as part of my health care team.

flag | Submitted March 14, 2017

I was referred to Dr Hong by my family doctor in september 2016 for a very severe injury caused by mulitlple dogs bites, I had a huge lump on my upper right leg that wrapped all around. Before seeing Dr Hong I saw another plastic surgeon at Centenary hospital that performed manual lipo suction and made my leg worse. It got more swollen and infected and the pain was unbearable that prevented me from sitting and even working . At my first visit with Hong he was very honest and direct with me and said lipo suction wouldnt work at that point and that I needed treatment with a special ultrasound and massage which I agreed to. I received treatment for four months and today my leg is almost back to normal and I have no pain and no more lump and can perform my daily duties. When I first saw Dr Hong he said he wasn't after money to perform lipo suction or surgery and I believed him. His staff especially susan who was my primary caregiver was very caring, knowledgeable, compassionate and was always punctual. Thanks to Dr Colin Hong and his amazing staff that I'm able to actually sit here today and write this review. There are many plastic surgeons out there who's just after money, Dr Hong is NOT one of them, he's very honest and I would highly recommend him without a doubt. Thank You Dr Hong!

flag | Submitted March 12, 2017

Dr. Colin Hong's Credentials

Yes, this doctor is accepting new patients

Dr. Colin Hong is a well-known and well-respected plastic surgeon in Toronto. He practices plastic, cosmetic and reconstructive surgery and has an extensive experience in cosmetic surgery, micro-vascular surgery and hair transplant surgery. He has performed countless procedures in breast augmentation, hair transplantation, abdominoplasty, rhinoplasty, breast reduction and reconstruction, liposuction, etc. Dr. Hong is the current Chief of Plastic Surgery at Scarborough Centenary Hospital and the Director of the Cosmetic Surgery Centre. In the past, Dr. Hong had been the President of Ontario Society of Plastic Surgery and the Chief of Plastic Surgery at Rouge Valley Health System, including the former Vice President of Ontario Section of Plastic Surgery.

• English
  • Chinese

• University of Toronto (Grad. 1984)
  • McMaster University (Grad. 1989)
  • University of Manitoba (Grad. 1992)

• Breast augmentation
  • Blepharoplasty
  • Rhinoplasty
  • Hair loss
  • Tummy tuck
  • Liposuction
  • Face-lift
  • Gynecomastia (enlarged breasts in men)
  • Breast lift