Ratings for Dr. Sharon Kelly

Dr Sharon Kelly was about 45mins late. She spent approx 10 to 15 minutes with me. She did not explain anything - including what she saw when she examined my sinuses. Only advised I'd need an operation. She did not ask if I had any concerns about the operation, or even if I'd ever had an operation before. I asked if there was another way to solve my medical problem, her response was defensive and again advised I needed an operation. This was not helpful, useful nor reassuring. It terrified me!! The next couple of days the clinic's staff contacted me asking if I'd like to have the operation in the next few days and sent through the paperwork. Upon reading the paperwork I discovered that vitamin E should not be consumed at least 2 weeks before an operation. This was not something the staff nor Sharon advised me. I had to go and cancel the operation, as well as coancel and anethetist - this was a few days before the opeation was scheduled. Very messy and inconsiderate!

flag | Submitted November 13, 2013