Ratings for Dr. Edward Guirguis

1. This medical practice chargers more for being a tourist and then is unable to send anything to Medicare. I was told I couldn't claim until I got back to Victoria, I find this hard to understand when I'm an Australian citizen and Medicare covers all of Australia. When I had my foot ex rayed they were able to send the bill to Medicare. The receptionist was rude when I paid the bill and couldn't explain why. 2. The doctor was ok when I actually saw him, examined my injured foot and suggested that I may have a fracture and he sent me for an exray. After I'd had my ex ray the lady told me she saw a fragment of bone and suggested I take the disc straight to the doctor as she wasn't sure what he might need to do. I returned to the practice where the same lady as earlier told me he wouldn't look at the disc he would wait for a written report and I was to ring the next day, which I did. The doctor Edward Guirguis told me their was a fracture and I said the lady had told me she saw something. Then he said their wasn't a fracture but he had only verbally spoken to someone and he couldn't say anything without a written report and because I'd left it for 2 weeks their was nothing could be done anyway. 3. 2 days have passed and I haven't heard anymore, I was given no advice as to how I could manage my injury. Should I rest, should I keep trying to push myself ect. I have found this to be a most dissatifactory, I went to this medical practice for help I'm out if pocket for expenses and believe I haven't been treated with respect, firstly because I'm a tourist and secondly the doctor was disinterested. Regards Jane Long Email missjane1963@hotmail.com Phone. 0409219544

flag | Submitted August 13, 2014