Ratings for Dr. Gavin Gottschalk

Overall, I was not happy with service he provided. I asked him to remove 2 skin tags, and an age/sun spot on my face. He removed the sun spot successfully, but used the wrong technique for the tags - the 'freezing' technique. After a week I phoned him to say that they hadn't fallen off as he had said they would. He replied in an annoyed and patronising tone that he was the expert, I was too impatient, and they would fall off, then basically hung up on me... They didn't. He also sent of a skin sample for biopsy without asking me or informing me there would be an additional charge. I have since had the tags successfully removed by another derm, who told me that the correct technique for these tags was electro cautery, not freezing. So basically he wasted my money, and his many was rather condescending. Not a good experience, and I would not recommend.

flag | Submitted September 15, 2017

Very professional in his manner and very helpful with his advice

flag | Submitted December 10, 2014