Ratings for Dr. Aeron D. Wickes

My wife showed up for her 9:00 AM appointment (pre-appointment fasting specified) only to find out that the "doctor" didn't come in. My wife never received a phone call about this, but ended up having to drive about 20 miles to get there, taking almost a half day off from work. They rescheduled her for another appointment in about six weeks. I expect that when she shows up for that one, they waive the co-pay or I'll be updating this review with the results of that encounter.

flag | Submitted July 18, 2014

flag | Submitted August 22, 2011

Stay away this man is dangerous. I never say anything bad about people. but I feel that he can be a danger to his patients.

flag | Submitted March 16, 2011

He was my doctor for 7 years... He usually is more preoccupied to experiment the new pills that are coming in the market than treating me…I called him twice because I had couple times really bad backaches and he sent me to urgent care... Once, I could see in his eyes the satisfaction when I told him I had a medical problem… Enough!

flag | Submitted December 16, 2010

Dr. Wickes seems like he knows what he's doing. He tries to be friendly and amiable, but quickly gets down to business. I felt like he didn't really address my concerns and didn't really care in general. He seems to just prescribe pills to his patients. I overheard him say the exact same phrase to a patient in another room while I was waiting: "I'm going to put you on so and so...[pills]". I explicitly told him I don't like pills, and he said that no one does. That was the end of it. I'm not happy with him. He (and I guess doctors in general) charges too much, spend too little time with the patient, and doesn't seem to care. I hate going to the doctor, because it seems like I always pay a lot of money and I never feel any better afterwards.I would not recommend him.

flag | Submitted August 25, 2010

Great Dr. I usually get in right away for urgent matters. Have been going to him for 5 yrs now. Takes great care and calls to check up.

flag | Submitted January 29, 2010

I've been seeing Dr. Wickes only because his office is extremely convenient for me. But every time I call for an urgent matter I'm automatically referred to Urgent Care. I've always been able to get in to see previous doctors, so I'm not very happy about this. If it's not an urgent matter it usually takes 2-4 weeks to get an appointment with him. He's probably and OK doctor if you never have any urgent matters and just go see him for an annual exam.

flag | Submitted November 4, 2009

I have had nothing but satisfactory experiences since I first attended Dr. Wickes in Jan 09. After 15 years of chronic sinusitis, with all it's associated complications, 2 surgeries and multiple visits to specialists, Dr. Wickes gave me a simple, inexpensive regimen to follow which has completely removed my miserable symptoms. He also promptly scheduled sinus x-rays, blood tests for cholesterol monitoring, and a cardiac stress test, all at local facilities with a minimum of waiting.

flag | Submitted July 24, 2009

My wife was sick so I called to see if they could fit her in that morning. I told his staff what my wifes symptoms were and gave them my number to call me back. An Hour later after not receiving a call I called back just to have the same person I spoke to an hour ago ask me what my wifes symptoms were and for my number again. Furious that they had totally forgotten about us his staff said "oh well we can get her in at 3pm" but that did not work for us and asked them if we can just go to urgent care they said no. My wife and I were so pissed off that my wife who was in the other room yelled "Just hang up they are all incompetent". A few days later I got a letter from Aeron Wickes's office stating that due to the confrontation with his staff he would no longer be our PCP due to a conflict of interest. I had to laugh because this guy and his staff are total morons and have no idea what customer service is all about. Stay away from this so called doctor.

flag | Submitted June 25, 2008

I have had Dr. Wickes as a doctor for 5 years, and I use the term Doctor loosely. The guy is a joke, and probably a dropout. Recently his has been committing Insurance Fraud and hopefully get what is due him. I have found out he is billing my insurance company for dates of service he has not had. I have diabetes, and many times would end up explaining to him about the disease, and asking for my own prescriptions. He doesnt have a clue, he is a money hungry doctor, who sees you for 2-3 mintues doesnt do anyting for you and charges you $220. If you want a prescprition refill he makes you come in, so he can charge you $220, instead of just calling in the prescrption to the pharmacy. His staff is equally as stupid. There was one Jamiacn nurse there that was nice, the rest are a bunch of wortheless jokers. STAY AWAY FROM HIS PRACTIVE ON SABRE SPRINGS!!!!!

flag | Submitted May 14, 2007

Dr. Aeron D. Wickes's Credentials

• University Of California, San Diego School Of Medicine (Grad. 1984)