Ratings for Dr. Stuart Pincott

Dr Pincott was amazing and very caring as I was very nervous about my appointment. He explained everything to me clearly. He is also quite funny & made me feel at ease!! I came and saw Dr Pincott as he was highly recommended from many sources. I can see why - he's so professional and caring. I am very happy with how my procedure went and my fast recovery. Thank you.

flag | Submitted May 18, 2018

Dr Stuart Pincott's secretary is rude and unhelpful. Despite BUPA's website saying Dr Pincott participates in the 'BUPA Medical Gap Scheme' for 76-90 per cent of all claims, his Secretary firmly stated he would not participate in the Medical Gap Scheme - so we expect to be out of pocket considerably. Although it's rarely advertised - most (if not all) health funds offer a 'Medical Gap Scheme'. If your Doctor doesn't participate in the Medical Gap Scheme, you can go to one who will, and the maximum you will be out of pocket for medical fees is $400-500 (hospital excess additional). Health funds don't widely promote this because they would rather you pay the medical fees - not them. We learned this the hard way after my husband saw Dr Pincott and I have required several surgeries this year. Additionally when asked why my husband's health problems were recurring and what might might be done proactively to support this, Dr Pincott wrote down a sad face emoticon and a question mark. Seriously.

flag | Submitted April 12, 2018

Dr Stuart Pincott's secretaries are rude and condescending. Empathy is not a word they are familiar with.

flag | Submitted March 26, 2017

Dr Pincott is one of the finest colorectal surgeons in NSW. A previous assessment in my name regarding Dr Pincott is errant and it is uncertain where that came from. I would choose Dr Pincott to treat me family members and me without hesitation.

flag | Submitted March 13, 2017

Beyond disappointed with my experience. Called to book a month ago, asked to be put in a waiting list in case anything sooner came up as I have not been feeling good at all, receptionist never called, I contacted her last week and she said "you can come one week prior to your original appointment" which means she had a cancellation and never called. Got in there and Stuart did not even let me sit on the chair, talked to me without looking at me and whilst filling up a form for an endoscopy referal and literally walk me out of his office all in not more than 5 minutes. Stuart never gave me the chance to explain my symptoms, or the issues I had on my breath test. Back to reception all I was given was "it is $200 for the consultation" and "all the information about your procedure is in this sheet, you can read at home. See you later!" Back home as advised I read the paper and called with more than 5 questions, not more than 40 min after leaving the clinic, the person who answered the phone said, "They are gone for the day, I do not work for Dr Pincott, please call tomorrow." If there is one profession in which you MUST have some empathy and compassion that is it. A doctor does not have to sit down with you for too long, but they have the obligation to cover all ends and make sure they understand your case completely, as they are dealing with nothing more nothing less than your life. I understand how busy we all are and I respect people's time but there was NO respect for my time or situation from their end.

Submitted March 2, 2016