Ratings for Dr. Raymond Schwartz

I was referred by my cardiologist Schwartz hastily held up 3 or 4 images from my MRI, not even looking at the last image as he held it up. Got me to touch my nose with my finger. Then told me there was nothing wrong with me and I imagining my heart problems. He is either the medical genius of our time. Or a rude, indifferent waste of time. N.B. Didn't seem very smart

flag | Submitted June 5, 2017

My cardiologist refereed me to Dr Raymond Schwartz in order for him to assess my condition and give me advise on the best course of action to insure the best possible outcome for me. I found him to be professional, compassionate and considerate. During our consultations I came to learn that he is extremely knowledgeable and that he will do what ever is necessary to insure that I received the best possible treatment and advise available. I cannot express how grateful and thankful I am to him for guiding me through this trying time for me.

flag | Submitted March 16, 2017

I have visited the surgery a number of times and found Dr Schwartz extremely knowledgeable and very considerate. He has been sympathetic to my condition and has ensured my medication is up-to-date with my symptoms. I referred a friend to him as his Neurologist was not giving him the same level of care. My friend has found Dr Schwartz to be of a very high standard and can't thank me enough for recommending him. I have found the staff very friendly and efficient and have never been kept waiting for a long period of time. I am so glad my GP referred me to him.

flag | Submitted January 23, 2017

He said, "it looks like you've gone a round with Mike Tyson"!!!!

flag | Submitted January 5, 2017

Staff act like you are an inconvenience. Dr only wanted to push a supplement that he has an interest in. Zero bedside manner, does not listen because he already has his mind made up about you. I was almost in tears in this man's office and by the look on his face it appeared he was enjoying himself. I spoke to my gp (not the referring dr) about my experience with Dr Schwartz the following day and she said that she has been told by her other patients that have seen him that he is an unpleasant person to deal with.

flag | Submitted August 19, 2016

Dr Schwartz was on time and listened to all of the issues I had been having. He is looking at my issues holistically with a focus on diet, exercise, physio, relaxation techniques via a psychologist and the neuro service he provides. While the overall plan may be costly, medicare plans pay for the majority and my health fund. It is worth the cost. I have been to other neurologists that only want to push meds. It may be cheaper but not the right approach. I couldn't be happier with Dr Schwartz's approach to my illness. He was very patient and kind, he listened well. He took his time explaining things and answering me. He talked me through his reasoning on his decisions. I can't recommend him enough.

flag | Submitted May 10, 2016

He steers you towards income generating treatment that does not work! Profits from patient's vulnerability. This is unethical!

flag | Submitted May 3, 2016

An absolute waste of time. Arrogant, rude and unhelpful. Only interested in ordering tests that he himself provides and gets paid for. Very poor knowledge of neurology IMO. Staff also arrogant and act like they are doing you a favour by talking to you.

Submitted December 19, 2013