Ratings for Dr. Kian Yan Sim

AVOID THIS DOCTOR LIKE THE PLAGUE. like other reviews, rude, UNHELPFUL and incompetent after a 1.5hr wait, waste of time. How this doctor is STILL practicing is UNBELIEVABLE.

flag | Submitted July 9, 2017

Dr Sim, and you could tell easily, that all he wants is money

flag | Submitted May 11, 2017

Absolutely rude and incompetent Dr - be aware don't go

flag | Submitted February 9, 2017

Consultations are rushed, and that is after waiting for 30-60 minutes. Charges for things that other bulk billing doctors don't, such as breathing tests. I get the impression he just thinks of patients as revenue, with no real concern for peoples health.

flag | Submitted January 10, 2017

I have seen him for a medical certificate if I had the flu or a cold, but did not feel he investigated sufficiently when I had a couple of more serious concerns. He books 10 minute appointments, but most appointments do go a little longer than that, hence he is always playing "catch up", and unless you are the first appointment of the day, you will have to wait, possibly for as long as an hour. He did cease bulk billing for a month or so many years ago, & that was the only time you would not have to wait. Very few people were prepared to pay to see him, so he resumed bulk billing. This says a lot. There are a number of doctors that don't bulk bill but still get busy. They are the doctors worth seeing.

flag | Submitted January 9, 2017

I was a regular patient for several years. He is good with simple things, but I am not sure about more serious things, given his solution to an issue with my foot was to give me a pain killer. Yes, it stopped the pain, but did not fix the underlying problem. He only referred me to a podiatrist when I insisted he do this. He was also quite rude on my last visit, hence, I will not return.

flag | Submitted January 8, 2017

Dr SIM is a very competent Doctor with a high level of knowledge as you would expect ffrom a GP. He is let down by his staff/ receptionist who seem to lack his professionalism. Also his waiting room is very tired looking and really needs some attention.

flag | Submitted January 4, 2017

I genuinely and honestly suggest, if you want to waste your time, you want to get wrong diagnosis, you want to deal with a rude doctor and a rude receptionist, you want to worsen your situation - only in that case go to this doctor. For more details, I have explained the situation here. Dr. Sim Kian is a rude doctor. First, you wait for almost 45 minutes even after booking an appointment 5 days earlier. And since he's starting to get late now, he wouldn't hear your problem in full detail. I went for a skin allergic reaction and wanted a referral forĀ a specialist. He asked me to stop the medicine that I was taking and suggested an extremely heavy dose of antibiotic which was the worst recommendation. When I asked for a referral, he was rude enough to say you don't need one as I have already diagnosed it, but he still gave it to me when I asked again. With 2 days of antibiotics, my allergy had increased drastically. I had been doing a lot of reading for the medicine and discussed with doctors in my family, outside of Sydney, and no where it was mentioned that antibiotics could help in a situation like this. I called by up the medical centre to book another urgent appointment because the medicines were doing havoc to me. The receptionist says next appointment would be 3 days later. Since its a walk in centre I asked, could I walk in? 'Not today! He's very busy and then there's the weekend' she replied. I told her about my condition and with no respect for patient, rude receptionist says if you want to walk in, you can come but you will have to wait for an hour or two and put down the phone on me. Annoyed with this, I went to a better skin care centre, and the the first thing the new doctor says that antibiotics should not have been prescribed at all in this condition, it just aggravated your allergy. Within a day of stopping the antibiotics and taking the drugs prescribed by the new doctor, I felt better. So just two words - Never again! - not even for getting a medical certificate!

flag | Submitted April 15, 2016

Dr Sim is knowledgeable and friendly but the staff at this clinic are so terrible. I often wonder why Dr Sim hires so incompetent and unfriendly receptionist. I also have to wait for a long long time each time even though I showed up on time for my appointment.

flag | Submitted November 17, 2015

Always kind and friendly, Dr Sim has demonstrated a high level of compassion and efficiency to my often specialised health needs but the waiting room needs more thorough cleaning...

flag | Submitted July 29, 2015