You may also like

I chose Dr. Lubman due to these amazing reviews. However I was severely disappointed. Her pelvic exam is rough and she is impatient with nerves (I didn't know until finding a new dr because she was my first GYN). When I was not trying to get pregnant, she was pushy about wanting to deliver babies. Then once I was ready to get pregnant, and conceived, just about every ounce of information from her was incorrect. When I called to schedule my first prenatal I asked if bleeding was normal for 2 weeks. The nurse said yes. When I arrived at my apt, Dr. was unaware I had asked about the bleeding and was very concerned. I was grateful she sent me for a u/s before doing the baby celebration appointment. I was sick for most of my pregnancy. In the beginning, she was very quick to send rx to my pharmacy, although my partner waited in the pharmacy for HOURS while the pharmacist awaited the script. Dr insisted she already sent it. I believed her, but after the whole 9 months + post partum treatment, I now doubt it. Prior to my 20week u/s and bloodwork, I reported significant symptoms of anemia. I didn't know the symptoms meant I was anemic when I reported them, and Dr Lubman basically said "welcome to pregnancy." What's more she neglected to inform me I was anemic until my next appointment, which meant WEEKS of being several hours late to work everyday due to sickness that resolved as soon as she prescribed iron. Once in labor, I complained of sharp lower back pain and asked for coaching exercises to help turn the baby if that was the cause. She told me she would just turn the baby manually if that was the case, but she NEVER checked the baby's position until 35 hours into labor! She completely left me while I was pushing to help another patient, and did not return for 3.5 hours at which time she had completely forgotten I was pushing! Against my consent, she turned off my epidural and that is when she realized the baby was sunny side up (it is worth noting that I had happily reported to her in one of my last office visits feeling a tickling sensation around my groin muscles, which she said was not related to the baby but I later learned was a well-documented early indication of posterior presentation) . She added a vac at which point I asked for a c/s but she refused saying the vac would be safer and result in minimal tearing, if any. SHE WAS WRONG! What's more, the verbal report she told me the following day about the damages was incorrect and not what she had in her notes. When I went to my post partum check up, and demanded to see the notes, she claimed she did not have them because they hospital had not sent them. They were sitting right on her desk, within my eye shot, and when she opened them VOILA!--there were her delivery notes. At that check up, I reported severe pain resulting from delivery and she did not know what had caused it. She sent me on my way saying it will get better soon. Instead I went to another doctor who was FURIOUS that the damage was even done, let alone not treated at my post partum visit. He said "Don't EVER go back to that doctor. EVER!" It took me 11 months total to recover, and involved seeing a specialist uro-gynecologist and enduring painful pelvic floor physical therapy (because the alternative was reconstructive surgery). What worries me is that on the day Dr. Lubman delivered my child, when she was hours returning while I was pushing her apology was that her other patient had a tear so far that she could barely reach her tools inside to suture. The next day, in recovery as she explained my damage, she said the same thing to me. And when I went to my post partum visit, without looking at my notes, she downplayed the damage I must have had by saying "This morning I delivered for a woman who tore so far I could barely reach my tools inside. Yours couldn't have been that bad. " Is this "couldn't reach my tools inside" a recurring line of hers she uses as an excuse for poor time management (in labor) or record keeping (my supposed missing hospital notes)? Or does it happen to her patients THAT frequently? ! Heed my 2nd doctor's warning "Don't go" to Dr. Lubman!

flag | Submitted October 26, 2015

Love her office staff (very nice, friendly, welcoming) but don't like doctor herself. She has literally no bedside manner. I don't feel comfortable addressing my concerns or asking questions. She constantly belittles what I say, makes insensitive remarks and just overall doesn't seem to care about her patients. I chose this doctor because she had good reviews and also because I wanted a single doctor practice so that I would not have to be guessing who will deliver my baby. Unfortunately I chose wrong and now have to search for a new provider.

flag | Submitted August 13, 2015

I would not have my baby girl if it weren't for Dr. Lubman. I had PCOS issues and she knew just how treat me and help me get pregnant. She was exceptional in every way prior to, during and after my pregnancy. I love this doctor so much. Any other doctor would have sent me to have a c section. She was so patient and cool as a cucumber and totally brilliant. On top of everything throughout the process. So blessed to have her deliver my beautiful baby girl. Not sure what to do now since I am in rural Colorado. Thank you Dr. Lubman.

flag | Submitted March 28, 2015

I love my doctor! I have been seeing her for 6 years now

flag | Submitted November 5, 2014

I enjoy Dr. Lubman very much! With my fourth pregnancy I was quite disappointed my previous OB had retired from delivering. His nurse assured me I would love Dr. Lubman and I really did. She assured me she would really prefer to deliver vaginally and would do everything in her power to help me do so, and without medication, as I desired. Everything went beautifully and I am looking forward to starting my fifth pregnancy journey with her next week! I trust her with the lives of me and my newborns! I don't remember the office being super punctual but since it's alone time for me I certainly don't mind!

flag | Submitted October 13, 2014

flag | Submitted July 2, 2014

DR. Lubman & Staff is very caring an knowledgable about there patients never had an issue with anyone will refer my family an friends to her.

flag | Submitted December 20, 2013

Really great OBGYN. She genuinelycares about her patients. She takes the time to try and get to know you on a personal level, which is very nice. Highly recommended.

flag | Submitted July 20, 2012

Dr. Lubman is a rare find. She's knowledgeable, compassionate, attentive, and thorough. I am pregnant with my second child and couldn't be in better hands. She listens attentively and addresses any questions or concerns that I may have. During an exam she takes the time to check the progress of my pregnancy while asking questions. I am happy to call her my doctor! I highly recommend Dr. Lubman.

flag | Submitted January 16, 2012

I am very happy with Dr Lubman & her staff. I have had two surgeries with Dr. Lubman. On my first visit with her I was there because I had an abnormal pap & I have a history of abnormal paps. Dr. Lubman first sat down with me in her office. (fully clothed)I was impressed. What doctor takes the time to do this anymore? We had a informative conversation, came up with a plan of care. Then I was moved to an exam room. Her bedside manner is comforting. She is a great surgeon. I will be seeing her for years to come. As far as her staff, I am equally pleased. Julianna & Nicole are friendly, helpful. I would and do recommend Dr. Lubman.

flag | Submitted January 7, 2012

Dr. Yelena Lubman's Credentials

• Ross University (Grad. 2002)

Updates

• A new 2.5-star rating has been posted. "I chose Dr. Lubman due to these amazing reviews. However I was severely disappointed. Her pelvic exam is rough and she is impatient with nerves (I didn't know..."

October 26, 2015
  • A new 3.8-star rating has been posted. "Love her office staff (very nice, friendly, welcoming) but don't like doctor herself. She has literally no bedside manner. I don't feel comfortable addressing m..."

August 13, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "I would not have my baby girl if it weren't for Dr. Lubman. I had PCOS issues and she knew just how treat me and help me get pregnant. She was exceptional in ..."

March 28, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "I love my doctor! I have been seeing her for 6 years now"

November 5, 2014
  • A new 4.5-star rating has been posted. "I enjoy Dr. Lubman very much! With my fourth pregnancy I was quite disappointed my previous OB had retired from delivering. His nurse assured me I would love Dr..."

October 13, 2014
  • 'birds of a feather' score (based on <a href='/birdsofafeather.jsp?did=37780'>Medicare patients-in-common</a>): 3.5

February 5, 2014