Ratings for Dr. Lachlan Steffen

While in Brisbane I saw him for over 20 years. Was the doctor I saw when I initially got sick with my chronic illness who immediately sent me to hospital. While my complex multiple rare chronic illnesses were above the expectation of a GP he was always able to facilitate what I needed and gave me a lot of respect for my own medical background. I was probably never fun to have as a patient but he always ensured if he couldn't help I would be on the track to see someone who could. If I came in with a request or suggestion he had different opinions on he would tell me in a very respectful way and we would both seek alternatives. I mostly respected that he understood that with rare complex conditions some patients can become highly knowledgeable and where some doctors might like that he understood a knowledgeable patient was helpful for both of us. He also tried to bulk bill where possible for quick appointments.

flag | Submitted August 30, 2016